The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi - I'm new here

3 posters

Go down

Hi - I'm new here Empty Hi - I'm new here

Post by PaulS Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:56 am

Hi - I'm new here Thunder-1-uk-gone-for-3770-t1009New member saying hi. Hi.

A few days ago I became the exceptionally proud owner of a Thunder 1-T for the princely sum of £37.70 (Actually, I let the guy keep the change from £40) bought on the dreaded FleaBay. This thread here
is where someone spotted it.

It is currently in the hands of my local guitar fixeruper who is going to clean it set it up and, hopefully, find a new pup toggle switch and whammy bar (he claims to have them knocking about?) - pics to follow when he is done.

But, plugged in and noodled with upon my anxious return home, it sounded rather special - can hardly wait until next week.

So - why a Westone? Weeeel I am primarily a bass player and a few months ago picked up this Washburn Scavenger in remarkably good nick for a 30yr old which has spent much of it's life in a loft (it still has the plastic on the rear of the electrics cover!):

Hi - I'm new here Wash113

It has become the love of my life, even though I suspect it is really a black hole if the weight is anything to go by. A beautiful and superbly made instrument that is a joy to play.

I started to read a bit about Matsumoku guitars and the more I read the more I became interested. I found myself checking eBay everyday to see which were coming up for sale and, to cut a long-ish story short, I now have this one lovely black 1-T beauty, too.

I expect I'll be filled with questions once I get the thing back, meanwhile there are all the archives to browse.

Cheers

Paul

Quick edit - oops. I should have posted this in the 'Introductions' bit - mods - would you like to move it please? I've only just noticed it!
PaulS

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2010-02-18

http://www.oasisdesigns.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Hi - I'm new here Empty Re: Hi - I'm new here

Post by norfolkngood Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:28 pm

Like the Scavenger, I've got a '78/ 79 Washburn Raven to keep the Westones company.

Have you find the Washburn forums? If you have a look at the UK section you'll find a post from Cornish Boy with some photos of his collection of Washburn Wing 6-stringers... and a bass like yours
norfolkngood

Number of posts : 421
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by PaulS Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:42 pm

Note to self - must learn to scroll down pages properly Hi - I'm new here Icon_rolleyes - no, Norfolkngood, I didn't find that section on the Washburn forum.... I'll have a look*

So - you have a Raven! - is it as nice as 'they' say? What colour? Any pics anywhere online?

Did you see there was a Falcon on ebay the other day (relisted from an auction that failed to meet reserve) that had a BIN £480 - not there any more so I guess someone did.

*edit - I just did. He has some special gear, doesn't he!!?
PaulS

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2010-02-18

http://www.oasisdesigns.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:17 pm

G'day, Paul and welcome here!! I see the Washburn nutters have made themselves known already!! There is also a forum for washburn owners at Matsumoku.org,

http://www.matsumoku.org/ggboard/index.php?sid=8fcb3b94b597d30da03ec992de5ad044

and this as well...

http://www.matsumoku.org/models/washburn/washburn.html

...so there's a bit to be going on with, eh!! I don't have a Washburn but have always fancied a Falcon.... one day!!!
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum