The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'83 Thunder III. WAS A 10 STRING ! (UK)

3 posters

Go down

string - '83 Thunder III. WAS A 10 STRING ! (UK) Empty '83 Thunder III. WAS A 10 STRING ! (UK)

Post by DuoFuzz Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:39 am

This one has had an interesting life.

THIS - at first glance - is a rather fine looking 1983 Thunder III finished in Onyx and it seems to in excellent condition. The strange thing is that the owner bought it new and within a few years he decided it would be great to convert it to a 10 string string - '83 Thunder III. WAS A 10 STRING ! (UK) Icon_eek (as you do!).

20 odd years down the road the seller came to his senses and converted it back to normal. The headstock still needs a bit of work and the 'Westone' logo has gone (I think it was abalone on this model?), but I believe there is still a good guitar to be had from this.

£250 Buy It Now, but it is open to bids, although a reserve price applies.

DAN.
DuoFuzz
DuoFuzz

Number of posts : 640
Registration date : 2009-05-18

Back to top Go down

string - '83 Thunder III. WAS A 10 STRING ! (UK) Empty Re: '83 Thunder III. WAS A 10 STRING ! (UK)

Post by Barry Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:05 pm

Is there something in the UK water supply that makes people wanna bugger up every Thunder they see? Suspect
You seem to have wa-a-a-a-y more than yer share of wacko DIY wannabe "luthiers". clown

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8695
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

string - '83 Thunder III. WAS A 10 STRING ! (UK) Empty Re: '83 Thunder III. WAS A 10 STRING ! (UK)

Post by corsair Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:39 pm

They certainly seem to have more than their fair share of Barnes Wallises, don't they!! But that T-III , if I was a bit closer, I would be having a very careful think about; it is complete, apart from the bridge, has a carved top and set neck and best of all is an odd pick up configuration!! The extra holes in the headstock just ain't an issue, really....
I do wonder, however, about the nut.... string - '83 Thunder III. WAS A 10 STRING ! (UK) Icon_rolleyes
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down