The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WTB Spectrum Dark Grey Metallic

3 posters

Go down

spectrum - WTB Spectrum Dark Grey Metallic Empty WTB Spectrum Dark Grey Metallic

Post by AndyHa63 Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:07 am

Looking to replace one of the old guitars I used to own (aaahhhh....) so if anyone has one of these collecting dust please drop me a line. I honestly can't remember if it was the GT or the II but it was definitely dark grey, and yes, it's the colour that's important!
Cheers,
Andy
AndyHa63
AndyHa63
Registered Member

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2021-11-25

Back to top Go down

spectrum - WTB Spectrum Dark Grey Metallic Empty Re: WTB Spectrum Dark Grey Metallic

Post by gittarasaurus Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:42 pm

do you mean something like this ('84) Electra/Westone Spectrum LX?
spectrum - WTB Spectrum Dark Grey Metallic 00-h4rYz82ScDKmXss5jj8Qgc6phI1Pj6QvbkXh9nuQH-6cOIH25EAq8SiDy8aiihFw?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1368675308
gittarasaurus
gittarasaurus
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 1498
Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

spectrum - WTB Spectrum Dark Grey Metallic Empty Re: WTB Spectrum Dark Grey Metallic

Post by AndyHa63 Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:14 pm

Very similar, yes. Maybe my research wasn't good enough. Could have been an LX then ?
AndyHa63
AndyHa63
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by gittarasaurus Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:14 pm

i can't really say what exactly this one should be called, 'LX' or 'GT'
this is a look at the headstock, this does not have the model name on the headstock the way the later spectrum models did
spectrum - WTB Spectrum Dark Grey Metallic 00-h4rYz82ScDKmXss5jj8Qgc6phI1Pj6QvbkXh9nuQH-5KXVXm5zIounAYInje2LYP?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1368675310
somebody might know what it was called when it was sold, but i don't know for sure
the 'LX' models had string locks, this one doesn't. they also had floating tremolo and this one has the classic six screw trem
a well known statement around here; specifications subject to change without notice
gittarasaurus
gittarasaurus
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 1498
Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyHa63 Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:07 am

The one I had definitely did NOT have string locks.
AndyHa63
AndyHa63
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:20 am

Westone Spectrum GT or Electra Phoenix X185, then?
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyHa63 Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:23 am

Thanks, definitely had "Westone Spectrum" on the headstock.
AndyHa63
AndyHa63
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:27 am

https://westoneguitars.net/guitars/spectrum-series/spectrum-gt-2/

…yours was probably in Silverstone.
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyHa63 Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:30 am

Hi again - yes, Silverstone was what my research had suggested (although "graphite" was mentioned too - not sure which was the official colour) - NB the link you sent started to load but then returned a database error.

Note (to myself) I found  a URL (which I'm not allowed to post here yet!) and subsequent links highlights the difference(s) between the Spectrum II and the Spectrum Series II ...
AndyHa63
AndyHa63
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down