The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Connecting tone control to bridge pickup on Concord II

2 posters

Go down

pickup - Connecting tone control to bridge pickup on Concord II Empty Connecting tone control to bridge pickup on Concord II

Post by Danielou Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:21 pm

Guys, does anyone made a mod connecting a tone control to bridge? I was thinking to assign 1st tone knob for neck and mid, 2nd for bridge. I tried to do it today but as I've made 2nd tone working for bridge, 1st tone is not working after wiring it to neck and mid... Pickups aren't stock so maybe electronics was changed at some point.
My guitar is Concord II but maybe Spectrum users had same idea as it's quite common modification around 3 single coils guitars.
Could anyone help me with any tips or diagrams? cyclops
Danielou
Danielou
Registered Member

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2020-08-24

Back to top Go down

pickup - Connecting tone control to bridge pickup on Concord II Empty Re: Connecting tone control to bridge pickup on Concord II

Post by Sgt. Vimes Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:37 pm

pickup - Connecting tone control to bridge pickup on Concord II GTKwWYV
Sgt. Vimes
Sgt. Vimes
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 3322
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

pickup - Connecting tone control to bridge pickup on Concord II Empty Re: Connecting tone control to bridge pickup on Concord II

Post by Sgt. Vimes Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:40 pm

This is what I used on a strat build recently, it isn't without issues, the 2+4 positions will be less bright, play around with capacitor values
Sgt. Vimes
Sgt. Vimes
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Danielou Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:41 am

Thanks Sgt. Vimes
Does it matter which slots on the pots will be wired?
Danielou
Danielou
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt. Vimes Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:42 am

Yeah, just follow the diagram exactly
Sgt. Vimes
Sgt. Vimes
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Danielou Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:18 pm

I forgot to say thank you Sgt!
I have ended up with connecting neck and middle together as characteristics of these two is similar.
Danielou
Danielou
Registered Member

Sgt. Vimes likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down