The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Westone Bass ( Thunder 1) Truss Rod Cover Plate.

2 posters

Go down

thunder - Westone Bass ( Thunder 1) Truss Rod Cover Plate. Empty Westone Bass ( Thunder 1) Truss Rod Cover Plate.

Post by jennijog Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:05 pm

Hi all from England. 
Looking for a Truss rod cover plate for a Thunder 1 Bass if anyone has one they want to sell.
It has been donated to me as a restoration project. 
Was identified by some other owners/members on this site. 
I am making a plate out of Ebony but would prefer an original if possible.
Must say I am impressed by the knowledge of other members here and glad I stumbled across it.
All the best David.
jennijog
jennijog
Registered Member

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2020-02-20

Back to top Go down

thunder - Westone Bass ( Thunder 1) Truss Rod Cover Plate. Empty Re: Westone Bass ( Thunder 1) Truss Rod Cover Plate.

Post by corsair Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:51 pm

If you can make one, then I would humbly suggest that that is a really good idea, eh!
They do pop up on the auction sites, and members probably have one or two tucked away, so good luck with that, but a custom TRC is mint!!
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

thunder - Westone Bass ( Thunder 1) Truss Rod Cover Plate. Empty Re: Westone Bass ( Thunder 1) Truss Rod Cover Plate.

Post by jennijog Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:03 am

Yep, Thanks for that Corsair!
You are right I know was just trying to keep it original. 
Messed up on the engraving of the Ebony as I etched Thunder vertically instead of horizontally but can turn it over and do it again then see which one I prefer.
Some beautiful examples of Westones on Gumtree just hope that I can do mine justice  in restoring it.
Regards to all.
jennijog
jennijog
Registered Member

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2020-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down