The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1980/81 westone thunder 2 guitar needs 3 control knobs

3 posters

Go down

1980 - 1980/81 westone thunder 2 guitar needs 3 control knobs Empty 1980/81 westone thunder 2 guitar needs 3 control knobs

Post by mikemycroft Mon May 21, 2018 10:56 am

I have a guitar as described above that needs 3 control knobs. Originals were the brass knurled style, but i guess you all know that.
The guitar is in original condition apart from the knobs ( and the strings of course)
I am two minds whether to keep it to be honest, its just sentimmental really, my mum bought it for me when i was 18
Any idea where i could get some of the knobs? I know they can be machined, but i. Can only find a us guy who does them
If anyone can help i would really appreciate it.
Cheers Mike
mikemycroft
mikemycroft

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2018-05-21

Back to top Go down

1980 - 1980/81 westone thunder 2 guitar needs 3 control knobs Empty Re: 1980/81 westone thunder 2 guitar needs 3 control knobs

Post by Barry Mon May 21, 2018 12:48 pm

Mike have a look at my reply to your post in the Say Hello forum. There's link there. Wink

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8687
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

1980 - 1980/81 westone thunder 2 guitar needs 3 control knobs Empty Re: 1980/81 westone thunder 2 guitar needs 3 control knobs

Post by Sgt. Vimes Sat May 26, 2018 2:16 pm

mikemycroft wrote:I have a guitar as described above that needs 3 control knobs. Originals were the brass knurled style, but i guess you all know that.  
The guitar is in original condition apart from the knobs ( and the strings of course)
I am two minds whether to keep it to be honest,  its just sentimmental really, my mum bought it for me when i was 18
Any idea where i could get some of the knobs? I know they can be machined, but i. Can only find a us guy who does them
If anyone can help i would really appreciate it.
Cheers Mike

I have 6 brass knobs which cost me £10 each, 3 I have refinished and 3 have medium tarnishing.
I'd just like £10 back for each if you're interested?
Sgt. Vimes
Sgt. Vimes
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 3322
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down