The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The search goes on

5 posters

Go down

The search goes on Empty The search goes on

Post by Guitarcrap Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:13 am

I still have not been able to find the right Westone. There have been none for sale here in Tucson, and I do not want to buy online. I'm one of those people who have to see and touch before plunking down my money.
Guitarcrap
Guitarcrap
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2016-04-23

Back to top Go down

The search goes on Empty Re: The search goes on

Post by corsair Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:55 am

I know where you're coming from, but you are rather limiting your options, eh!! Most of us in here have bought over the ether with few problems and the bad deals are very few and far between these days!!

Find people who have Matsumoku instruments around Phoenix and ask if you can play them so that you can get a feel for individual models, and then look on eBay or Craigslist... if this community can help in any way, we will!!
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

The search goes on Empty The search goes on

Post by Guitarcrap Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:38 pm

I'll just continue to look in the Tucson area. A four hour round-trip to Phoenix is more Than I can do comfortably. I'm also thinking that a hollow body or semi-hollow body guitar would be cool. I am sure that something will turn up here.
Guitarcrap
Guitarcrap
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2016-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:45 pm

Guitarcrap wrote:I'll just continue to look in the Tucson area. A four hour round-trip to Phoenix is more Than I can do comfortably. I'm also thinking that a hollow body or semi-hollow body guitar would be cool. I am sure that something will turn up here.
Oops; sorry - I meant Tucson, eh!!
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Adey Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:37 am

I go along with Corsair. By wanting to physically touch it before you buy it, you are very much limiting yourself. And when you find something you will end up paying top dollar as you won't want to lose it.

I've bought lots over the interweb and been fine. You just have to bear in mind that you are buying a second hand item, and second hand items are often less than perfect.

If you do buy something that is not quite as you would wish, you can always get your local guitar tech to work his magic on it.
Adey
Adey
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 424
Registration date : 2014-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:57 pm

I can understand what you mean. 

However, of my maybe up to 75 guitars I'd bought online, I have only had 3 that were bad.  3 out of 75 or so!  That's not bad.  

Therefore, I would trust an online sale.  If it does arrive damaged, from Ebay or Guitar Center or wherever, you are protected.
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 2772
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:21 pm

When you restrict yourself to "in person" shopping you are going to end up waiting a long time when it comes to guitars like Westone which have been out of production a very long time.

The simple truth is, you have no idea what, if any, Westones are available in your area until they're advertised, never mind any particular model that you might fancy.

Life is too short to sit on your hands if you want something. Spread your search wider and look for a Rainbow or a Session II beyond your city. The chances of one of these popping up locally is possible of course, but not likely.

Carpe Cithara! *

* (seize the guitar!) Very Happy

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8697
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down