The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dimension IV 6-string Case Wanted

+2
corsair
buck1108
6 posters

Go down

dimension - Dimension IV 6-string Case Wanted Empty Dimension IV 6-string Case Wanted

Post by buck1108 Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:02 pm

Hi,
I'm looking for an original, clean Westone case for a Dimension IV (6 string guitar),
clean and free from major tears or interior stains, etc.

Thanks!
buck1108
buck1108
Registered Member

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

dimension - Dimension IV 6-string Case Wanted Empty Re: Dimension IV 6-string Case Wanted

Post by corsair Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:37 pm

Ooooh, good luck with that!! Smile I suspect those in here with Dim 4 cases actually have a Dim 4 in said case!!

You could make one?! I've made a couple for pointy guitars: and if I can do it with two left hands, then just about anyone can!!

Failing that, there's a Gator case for just this purpose with a selection of internal blocks though it is quite expensive, at least down this way!!
corsair

Number of posts : 6319
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

dimension - Dimension IV 6-string Case Wanted Empty Re: Dimension IV 6-string Case Wanted

Post by Pointy Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:17 pm

I agree with corsair, it's a shot in the dark but Ya never know....
Also you can buy a case and gut the insides, spray glue some foam pieces cut to fit you guitar / replicate the orginal, and spray glue the fabric of your choice to finish it off😀 but I'd ask for the length/width of the orginal case from a member who has one befor going this route.
Pointy
Pointy
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2016-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by buck1108 Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:17 pm

corsair wrote:Ooooh, good luck with that!! Smile I suspect those in here with Dim 4 cases actually have a Dim 4 in said case!!

You could make one?! I've made a couple for pointy guitars: and if I can do it with two left hands, then just about anyone can!!

Failing that, there's a Gator case for just this purpose with a selection of internal blocks though it is quite expensive, at least down this way!!
Thanks very much for the input on this!  Smile  Yes, I know that the Dim 4 cases are rare things.  I got my Dim 4 without the case, but it was/is in such nice shape for a pointy guitar. 

Are Dim 4 cases similar (in size) to the seemingly more common Dynasty cases?
buck1108
buck1108
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by buck1108 Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:19 pm

Pointy wrote:I agree with corsair, it's a shot in the dark but Ya never know....
Also you can buy a case and gut the insides, spray glue some foam pieces cut to fit you guitar / replicate the orginal, and spray glue the fabric of your choice to finish it off😀 but I'd ask for the length/width of the orginal case from a member who has one befor going this route.
Thanks for the great tips! 
Does anyone here have one (with the dimensions)? 

I had thought of using a Dynasty case, with re-cut foam, if that would work.
buck1108
buck1108
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DimensionIV-addict Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:23 pm

A Dean Razor-Back case holds my Terminator if you can find one of those maybe. Just remove the logo Twisted Evil

Sent you a PM Wink

DimensionIV-addict
DimensionIV-addict
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:11 pm

I have a feeling that the pointy cases are appreciably bigger dimensionally than standard cases; I do know I couldn't find anything locally big enough at reasonable cost for my APII U-60 or Electra XV-1, hence I built my own.
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by buck1108 Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:01 am

DimensionIV-addict wrote:A Dean Razor-Back case holds my Terminator if you can find one of those maybe. Just remove the logo  Twisted Evil

Sent you a PM  Wink

Thanks very much for your help!
buck1108
buck1108
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by buck1108 Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:04 am

corsair wrote:I have a feeling that the pointy cases are appreciably bigger dimensionally than standard cases; I do know I couldn't find anything locally big enough at reasonable cost for my APII U-60 or Electra XV-1, hence I built my own.
Did you build it from the 'ground up,' or modded from another case, etc? 

The thing about the Dimension IV is that, unlike some other pointy guitars (flying v, etc) that are fairly easy to stand against a wall, amp, etc., the Dim IV has that slanty stance which begs for a case, etc.
buck1108
buck1108
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:44 am

Yep, go to whoa. I didn't share the building of the cases as I didn't think anyone would be interested!! 

I have 3 pointies that won't stand on their own, and it irks me to have guitars lurking in their cases, so I do try and have them out on display from time to time. I use Woodies guitar hangars as I reckon they're a step up from neck hangars...
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by Pointy Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:25 pm

There's a sticker coverd dynasty case on eBay fer $50

The inside of my dynasty case measures out to be 43inchs Long and 16 across but.... My bc rich iron bird, (closest thing I got to the shape of your dim4 dosent fit.

Maybe dim4 addict can send a pick of the inside of a real dim4 case for added reference
Pointy
Pointy
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by buck1108 Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:30 pm

DimensionIV-addict wrote:A Dean Razor-Back case holds my Terminator if you can find one of those maybe. Just remove the logo  Twisted Evil

Sent you a PM  Wink

Thanks!
buck1108
buck1108
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Pointy Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:37 pm

dimension - Dimension IV 6-string Case Wanted Image_zpsnhzociyt

Lol guess this is unnessisary but just to back up my post here's a photo
Pointy
Pointy
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by gittarasaurus Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:37 pm

sorry about the lousy pics, but…

a dimension 4 will not fit in a dynasty case
dimension - Dimension IV 6-string Case Wanted Ry%3D400dimension - Dimension IV 6-string Case Wanted Ry%3D400dimension - Dimension IV 6-string Case Wanted Ry%3D400dimension - Dimension IV 6-string Case Wanted Ry%3D400
Dynasty case on top, is about 3" shorter
outside measurements for the Dimension 4 case - 17 1/2"W x 47 1/2"L x 3 1/2" D
gittarasaurus
gittarasaurus
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 1498
Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by buck1108 Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:08 pm

gittarasaurus wrote:sorry about the lousy pics, but…

a dimension 4 will not fit in a dynasty case
dimension - Dimension IV 6-string Case Wanted Ry%3D400dimension - Dimension IV 6-string Case Wanted Ry%3D400dimension - Dimension IV 6-string Case Wanted Ry%3D400dimension - Dimension IV 6-string Case Wanted Ry%3D400
Dynasty case on top, is about 3" shorter
outside measurements for the Dimension 4 case - 17 1/2"W x 47 1/2"L x 3 1/2" D

Many thanks for your help!
buck1108
buck1108
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

dimension - Dimension IV 6-string Case Wanted Empty Re Dimension IV Case Wanted

Post by rebuild Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:51 am

I have to go along with Dimension IV Addict's suggestion about a Dean guitar case...I purchased a brand new Dean case about 2 years ago (model unknown) at my local Guitar Center, took it home and it fits all my Dimension IV's better than the original Westone cases. It's about 5 or 6 inches longer than the Westone cases, but the fit is incredible. Really holds the guitar in place much tighter than the original cases. It was on clearance at GC, and it was towering over the other guitar cases in the clearance pile,(that's how I noticed it), so I checked the interior and just felt like a Dim IV would fit and I was right. Fits like a glove like it was made for the Dim IV. Don't know what model it is though, as I do not know much about Dean guitars and the case I am speaking of is in the back of my pile here at home behind 41 other cases and 2 synthesizers. It's late at night and I don't want to wake the wifey trying to dig it out. But yeah, check into some Dean cases.
rebuild
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by DimensionIV-addict Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:34 am

To be more specific I was told the case was from a Dimebag Stealth Series..
And it does fit the X4's (if I was told the truth)

Hope this helps, but check it out if you have the chance.

dimension - Dimension IV 6-string Case Wanted IMG_2456-1_zps1pjvdwym
DimensionIV-addict
DimensionIV-addict
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down