The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WTB - Westone Thunder II / III // Spectrum GT // Super Headless - BASS

+4
caracalla
punkyjam67
capnfunky77
DanTM
8 posters

Go down

spectrum - WTB - Westone Thunder II / III // Spectrum GT // Super Headless - BASS Empty WTB - Westone Thunder II / III // Spectrum GT // Super Headless - BASS

Post by DanTM Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:51 pm

Hello there !

I am looking for a Westone Thunder II / III // Spectrum GT // Super Headless Bass. Frets have to be in very good shape, electronics have to work perfectly !

I live in Germany so you need to be willing to ship to me.

Thank you and kind regards
DanTM

Last edited by DanTM on Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:24 am; edited 6 times in total
DanTM
DanTM
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2016-01-19

Back to top Go down

spectrum - WTB - Westone Thunder II / III // Spectrum GT // Super Headless - BASS Empty Re: WTB - Westone Thunder II / III // Spectrum GT // Super Headless - BASS

Post by capnfunky77 Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:35 pm

You can look at my Thunder bass for sale:

https://westone.forumotion.com/t5896-1982-thunder-bass-prototype

Shipping to Germany appears to run about $110 from where I am. I'd be willing to do it, however, if you're willing to cover the cost. And I would definitely negotiate down from that price.
capnfunky77
capnfunky77
Registered Member

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2015-10-16

Back to top Go down

spectrum - WTB - Westone Thunder II / III // Spectrum GT // Super Headless - BASS Empty Re: WTB - Westone Thunder II / III // Spectrum GT // Super Headless - BASS

Post by punkyjam67 Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:06 pm

There's a nice-looking Thunder II Bass (version 3) on eBay UK at the moment - price is maybe a bit steep & it's one of the shorter scale ones, so might not suit everyone, but I've always had a soft spot for them (no connection with the seller, etc., etc.)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Westone-Thunder-II-bass-1983-Matsumoku-factory-/301884685751?hash=item4649babdb7:g:JSsAAOSwll1W1B5V
punkyjam67
punkyjam67
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 325
Registration date : 2012-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by DanTM Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:56 am

I just updated the thread as I am now looking for a Westone Pantera X390 or Deluxe X350MA guitar.
DanTM
DanTM
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by caracalla Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:58 am

There's a 390 on eBay right now in the states.  I want it, but I just barely ordered a new Spectrum and started a Jazzmaster build so I don't have the funds/space.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Westone-X390-Pantera-/232235944750?hash=item3612574b2e:g:SIYAAOSwB-1Ynh4s
caracalla
caracalla
Registered Member

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2016-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:21 pm

The one on Ebay USA  right now looks amazing, nicest condition I've personally seen...
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 2772
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by DanTM Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:33 pm

Yes thats a nice one but the seller sells via ebay Global Shipping Programm which is a no go for me.

You pay 100 USD for shipping + 140 USD (in this case) import charges but the funny thing is that those import duties get charged by ebay which means that your local customs will ask for additional import duties as they do not get paid by ebay
DanTM
DanTM
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Westbone Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:43 pm

Have a  pearl white X390 somewhere that needs a little work, PM me if interested?
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 5917
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://www.chruler.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by caracalla Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:53 pm

Dang, why are all the 390s coming out right after I just spent my guitar money!?
caracalla
caracalla
Registered Member

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2016-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Westbone Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:47 pm

caracalla wrote:There's a 390 on eBay right now in the states.  I want it, but I just barely ordered a new Spectrum and started a Jazzmaster build so I don't have the funds/space.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Westone-X390-Pantera-/232235944750?hash=item3612574b2e:g:SIYAAOSwB-1Ynh4s

Pity it has the Bendmaster Deluxe trem and stringlock... Evil or Very Mad...wonder why they went with Kahler trems????

Much rather have the Kahler equipped model they sound a lot fuller/better.... Twisted Evil....if it was fitted with Kahler gear I'd bid on it.

Going for a pile of dosh also...... Evil or Very Mad
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:46 am

Haven't had a Kahler (non Floyd style Kahler, that is) that stayed in tune.  I hear that it's possible, though haven't experienced it!  Replace that Bendmaster with a real solid steel Floyd, add a big brass block, that would help for sure.
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by DanTM Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:34 am

I found a X390 PW so I am now looking for a X350 only
spectrum - WTB - Westone Thunder II / III // Spectrum GT // Super Headless - BASS Vhs5cg

Last edited by DanTM on Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
DanTM
DanTM
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Adey Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:27 pm

Is that Westbone's garden in the background?
Adey
Adey
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 424
Registration date : 2014-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:38 pm

Adey wrote:Is that Westbone's garden in the background?
Lol, he's stealing Damian's geetars!  affraid
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by DanTM Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:42 pm

Adey wrote:Is that Westbone's garden in the background?

I don't think so .... otherwise that guy I am buying that guitar from is trying to play me for a sucker Suspect

I think his X390's are all in a better shape than this one
DanTM
DanTM
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Westbone Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:39 pm

Nothing to do with me your honour. That garden looks a good deal tidier than ours.... What a Face

Where did you find that one Dan?
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by DanTM Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:20 pm

Westbone wrote:Nothing to do with me your honour. That garden looks a good deal tidier than ours.... What a Face

Where did you find that one Dan?

In France.

There is another one in Germany but the owner wants too much for it so I did not pick that one.
DanTM
DanTM
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:17 am

I thank you for your email and your interest in my x350 Dan.  I am not looking to sell it anytime soon however.

Cheers!
Iceman
Iceman
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 2894
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/Kahler_Instructions.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by DanTM Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:33 am

Iceman wrote:I thank you for your email and your interest in my x350 Dan.  I am not looking to sell it anytime soon however.

Cheers!

Well ..... I thought I should give it a try Wink
DanTM
DanTM
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:46 am

No harm in asking... good luck with your search.

Though I have not been at all active here as of late, I do indeed keep up with the current state of the market as Westones go.  

The X350ma remains about as rare as hen's teeth as exchanging hands from what I can see.  That's not to say there haven't been exchanges... just that they have remained somewhat quiet if they have been occuring.
Iceman
Iceman
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 2894
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/Kahler_Instructions.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by DanTM Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:35 am

I enjoy searching the web for rare stuff and I usually find everything I want to find. I found two X790 basses, I found two X390 guitars but finding a X350 really is a tough job. I know 1 person that is willing to sell one X350 but I just can't spend that much money.

I somehow enjoy this hunt but in the same time I really hate it bounce
DanTM
DanTM
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by DanTM Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:50 pm

As I am unable to find a X350 I would like to try to get my hands on a Westone Les Paul with a set-neck. I've seen one but that specific one has been sold a while ago.
DanTM
DanTM
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by DanTM Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:56 am

I finally found a X350 over here in Germany so I do not need any Westone elctric guitar anymore.

I am looking for a second bass guitar. Should be a Westone Thunder II / III // Spectrum GT // Super Headless Bass. Frets have to be in very good shape, electronics have to work perfectly !
DanTM
DanTM
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down