The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WTB: Bendmaster Deluxe - complete and functional

3 posters

Go down

WTB:  Bendmaster Deluxe - complete and functional Empty WTB: Bendmaster Deluxe - complete and functional

Post by colt933 Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:37 am

Yeah, I need another one of these - just the tremolo - not the string lock.

I'm not picky about the color. I wish I hadn't sold that last one I had!

Please let me know if you have one of these and are willing to part with it.

Thanks!

P.S. Will the guy in Canada who bought my last one please contact me if you wish to sell it back to me!
colt933
colt933

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

WTB:  Bendmaster Deluxe - complete and functional Empty Re: WTB: Bendmaster Deluxe - complete and functional

Post by corsair Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:38 pm

Um, ... what happened, man? Shocked
corsair

Number of posts : 6319

Back to top Go down

WTB:  Bendmaster Deluxe - complete and functional Empty Re: WTB: Bendmaster Deluxe - complete and functional

Post by colt933 Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:27 pm

corsair wrote:Um, ... what happened, man? Shocked

I sold the Bendmaster Deluxe before I finished setting up the Floyd - and now I'd have to carve up the guitar (Pantera X-390) to get the Floyd to make scale - so I'd like to buy a Bendmaster Deluxe, please!
colt933
colt933

Back to top Go down

Post by silence86 Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:16 am

I'd have to carve up the guitar (Pantera X-390)

Nooooooooooo...That one is the x390cb with a bendmaster, isn't it? It must be very rare!?

Look what I bought on ebay uk some days ago (it arrived today): link (shipping to Germany was 4.89 GBP)

I'd have mentioned it earlier, but I didn't know if you wanted to pay the shipping costs from Germany to the USA...
silence86
silence86

Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-11-13

http://first-daze.de

Back to top Go down

Post by colt933 Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:16 am

PM sent!
colt933
colt933

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:37 pm

I'll bet! I hope this works out, eh; Colt, are you gonna show us the guitar in question? Very Happy
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by colt933 Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:13 pm

Thanks to Hans (silence86) the X-390CB has been resurrected.

I still have one minor problem though. The posts that I have are for a licensed Floyd, and I think the bearing surface is a little smaller in diameter than the posts for a Bendmaster Deluxe, as the G string still intonates a little sharp and I have the saddle as far back as I can get it and still hold it securely with the set screw. So I'm thinking that the BD posts may have been a little thicker, which would have moved the whole tremolo back a little, and thus make perfect intonation possible. All other strings' intonation is good to go and the G is only about 5 cents sharp at the 12th fret - not bad.

The wiring was whacked when I got this guitar and one of the OFC humbuckers had a dead coil, so I pulled all that stuff out and put in some CTS pots, a switchcraft switch, and Dimarzio Tone Zone and Fred pickups. I used a 1M volume pot and 500K tone pot with .047mfd orange drop cap. I may switch the volume pot to a 500K, because it's pretty dang bright sounding, and then do the volume bleed mod (works great on one of my mahogany body guitars).

I can post some pics if you guys like but this guitar is a player and not a looker.
colt933
colt933

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:59 pm

You're damn right I wanna see it; all the more because it is a player as most we see here are in beautiful, showroom nick and I, for one, would like to see one that is working for it's supper!!

I've got a set of BD posts here; do you want me to measure them? Just as a matter of interest....

And well done to Hans for letting his BD go to a good home!! cheers
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by colt933 Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:08 pm

corsair wrote:I've got a set of BD posts here; do you want me to measure them? Just as a matter of interest....

That would be great if you have the time.

Please use a caliper with pointy/thin jaws and measure the diameter of the post where the tremolo knife edge sits (right in the slot/notch - the smallest point) if possible. I can probably have some made if they're considerably different from the licensed Floyd posts I am using. I have a pretty good machinist who is reasonable on labor.

I wonder how hard the posts need to be? I know the knife edge is supposed to be pretty hard and is really the only hardened place on a Floyd - so I assume the BD is similar.

Thanks!
colt933
colt933

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:09 pm

Right-o, here we go then...

WTB:  Bendmaster Deluxe - complete and functional BD1

and just for good measure...

WTB:  Bendmaster Deluxe - complete and functional BD2

Hope these help... and the head of the post is 9mm...

I can't help with the hardness thing as that means, for me anyway!, touching the post to a grinder to see what kind of sparks fly; that's the only way I know of easily checking the hardness! I think we can assume that the head of the post is hardened where the knife edge sits because if the knife edge is hardened and the post is not, then it'll cut itself in two in very short order, eh!

Last edited by corsair on Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:15 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : additional thoughts...)
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down