The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Westone gig bag

4 posters

Go down

westone - Westone gig bag Empty Westone gig bag

Post by norfolkngood Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:46 pm

I'd been watching a Westone gig bag on UK ebay, item 261 835 124 536, sold at £55. 

Can't remember seeing one of these on ebay and the price did surprise me a little.

I've got a similar gig bag in blue, identical to the one on ebay (apart from the colour of course). It's been used, has a few tiny white paint marks on the back and a hole in the fabric at the bottom where the strap pin of the guitar has rested. Like the one on the 'bay, the zip on the front pocket is missing it's toggle. It has the Westone "bird" logo between the straps which form the carrying handle.

If anyone (UK only) is interested at £30 to include UK postage, PM me on here. Payment by Paypal please. 

Sorry, can't put pics up - camera on strike!
norfolkngood

Number of posts : 421
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Back to top Go down

westone - Westone gig bag Empty Re: Westone gig bag

Post by Westbone Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:09 pm

Must be an idiot who bought that £55 bag. Oops!
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 5917
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://www.chruler.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:13 pm

I think I either sold one cheaply or gave it away in here many moons ago; don't like them!
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by norfolkngood Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:31 pm

I'd forgotten I had this until the other one appeared on ebay. Obviously someone thought it was worth the money!

I'll put mine up on the 'bay if no interest here.
norfolkngood

Number of posts : 421
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Westbone Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:14 am

I would if they're going for silly money.

They look more of an acoustic bag?
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by pompom Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:53 am

Money seems to be worth less and less, people wnat to invest and feel nostalgic. Prices of older gear is steadily rising, check out the prices on 70's Strats. And 50's/60's Les Pauls are no longer guitars, they are purely investments. If someone, a financial mortal, wants to increase the value of an old Westone they are selling, then what better way to do it than provide the complete package with gig bag/case, case candy etc Thinking
pompom
pompom
Registered Member

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2014-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Westbone Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:40 am

You seem slightly obsessed with value or increasing it.

Don't tell me you bought the 'old bag'... Laughing
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by pompom Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:32 am

lol tbh I do make money with most things I do, I'm not a charity. But I didn't buy the gig bag, I did see it and was surprsed how well it seems to have held up over the years though. But still nice if you're into low end, but good, guitars and want the whole deal. I know people that spend upwards of £20k on guitars and will easily/stupidly, depending on your point of view, spend a grand or two on a period case. Each to their own I guess, if you can afford to do it, and want to, then enjoy Cool
pompom
pompom
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Westbone Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:01 pm

Know the feeling, have loads of vintage gear... Twisted Evil
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:29 pm

Personally, I hate the idea of guitars sitting in a bank vault appreciating in value.... don't you all?? Did Leo design and build the Strat as an item to be drooled over, or as an item to be sweated on and have hands on?

*sigh*

As a example, back a fairish while, a NZ bloke called Tim Wallis had an airworthy Spitfire in NZ and had the temerity to actually use the machine in the way it was designed! People were aghast at this and maintained that the a/c should be put on display and not flown. As much as I liked looking at said Spit on the ground, I much preferred to see it in the air belting around the Wanaka airport, bellowing out that RR Merlin song... I didn't even mind when he pranged it; it was his airplane and he could do whatever the hell he wanted with it was my opinion, as the killjoys jumped up and down bemoaning the fact that a valuable vintage a/c had been broken!

Same with guitars, I reckon; as much as I like to look at them on tbe wall at a Hard Rock café, I'd much rather hear 'em being played!!
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by pompom Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:17 pm

corsair wrote:Personally, I hate the idea of guitars sitting in a bank vault appreciating in value.... don't you all?? Did Leo design and build the Strat as an item to be drooled over, or as an item to be sweated on and have hands on?

*sigh*

As a example, back a fairish while, a NZ bloke called Tim Wallis had an airworthy Spitfire in NZ and had the temerity to actually use the machine in the way it was designed! People were aghast at this and maintained that the a/c should be put on display and not flown. As much as I liked looking at said Spit on the ground, I much preferred to see it in the air belting around the Wanaka airport, bellowing out that RR Merlin song... I didn't even mind when he pranged it; it was his airplane and he could do whatever the hell he wanted with it was my opinion, as the killjoys jumped up and down bemoaning the fact that a valuable vintage a/c had been broken!

Same with guitars, I reckon; as much as I like to look at them on tbe wall at a Hard Rock café, I'd much rather hear 'em being played!!
he used a spitfire in the way it was intended? are you sure?
pompom
pompom
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down