The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lots of Westons spare on ebay including GOLD 4-a-side bass tuners (these are hen's teethingly rare!) !!!!!! YIPPEEE

4 posters

Go down

Lots of Westons spare on ebay including GOLD 4-a-side bass tuners (these are hen's teethingly rare!) !!!!!!  YIPPEEE Empty Lots of Westons spare on ebay including GOLD 4-a-side bass tuners (these are hen's teethingly rare!) !!!!!! YIPPEEE

Post by thunduak-1 Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:10 pm

Chaps and chapess (hello Polly)!!!! Shameless plug from me as the vendor of some Westone bits!!!!!!

I'm having a clear out and have put some bits on fleabay. nothing too unusual, except a wonderful set of GOLD 4-a-side tuners, that I bought new in 1990, in a music shop in Kent. Now - the only Westone bass to ever have gold hardware was the Pantera in 1990 - but that was 2-a-side..........anyhow, my theory is explained in the auction! also there is a plain steel neck plate and screws, where the black has all been removed - a prime candidate for replating in GOLD to match the bass tuners!

Also listed - concord 1 (mk 3) bass scratchplate, a Thunder 1a Truss Rod Cover, a concord 1 guitar bridge

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=160331678897 Gold bass tuners (hens teeth / rocking horse manure!!)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=160331684719 Neck plate / screw (for gold plating)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=160331131974 Concord 1 (mk3) bass scratchplate

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=160331080729 Concord 1 guitar bridge

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=160331077640 Thunder 1a truss rod cover

Best wishes to all,

Guy

PS - there's few rickenbacker bits there too!

Last edited by thunduak-1 on Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:46 am; edited 1 time in total
thunduak-1
thunduak-1
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Back to top Go down

Lots of Westons spare on ebay including GOLD 4-a-side bass tuners (these are hen's teethingly rare!) !!!!!!  YIPPEEE Empty Re: Lots of Westons spare on ebay including GOLD 4-a-side bass tuners (these are hen's teethingly rare!) !!!!!! YIPPEEE

Post by Warrn Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:38 pm

Oh man, those gold tuners are spectacular! Wish I could take em, but the only thing I have to put em on is a candy red Spectrum GT, which can be mistaken for maroon... and I live in a college town that happens to HATE maroon and gold...
Warrn
Warrn

Number of posts : 1133
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Lots of Westons spare on ebay including GOLD 4-a-side bass tuners (these are hen's teethingly rare!) !!!!!!  YIPPEEE Empty Re: Lots of Westons spare on ebay including GOLD 4-a-side bass tuners (these are hen's teethingly rare!) !!!!!! YIPPEEE

Post by Steve777 Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:34 am

A whole town hating Maroon and Gold. Is that a football thing?
Steve777
Steve777

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:56 am

It'd be like the Merseyside derby then, wouldn't it!!! Laughing
corsair

Number of posts : 6319
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrn Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:25 am

Yes, Steve, exactly. I mean, it's not nearly as serious as the UK gets about football, but I'd get far too many negative comments on it, and my Spectrum's tuners are fine besides.
Warrn
Warrn

Number of posts : 1133
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve777 Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:23 pm

Hey John, don't tell me you are an ex-Brit from Liverpool? As for American Football Warrn, there was a couple of seasons during the mid 80's when that was all we saw on TV. Became a bit partial to the New Orleans Saints myself, so much so, I went there for Independence Day ( Pre Will Smith !!! and the flood !!). Absolutely fantastic if a bit too hot and humid.

Really got into Ry Coder, Cajun music and of course Jazz. Still like a bit of Jazz now and agian ... Eric Gale, Bob James, Johnny Smith, etc ... good stuff to melt away from real life at midnight with a large Glenmorangie!
Steve777
Steve777

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:53 pm

Good god, no, mate - pure kiwi!! I did my time cruising about the globe, though and found the whole Merseyside thing interesting if a little bewildering for a rather naive 19 year old !! The London thing too was intersting with the Gunners and Chelsea; that said, my team was, and is, Man City... I like the underdog, eh!! Laughing

I've been listening to Ry Cooder forever; I remember reading somewhere as a young teenager about Keef learning open tunings from this guy, went out and bough a record(!) and was gobsmacked! New Orleans jazz is brilliant, but I'm partial to Kenny Ball's variety of dixieland... ah, hell I listen to everything, even a bit of rap - Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five.... Shocked Laughing
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:57 pm

Hello Guy, Smile

Good to see you again mate!
Very Happy

I spotted your 'bits' on eBay and was about to email you to see if you wanted me to give you a plug but you beat me too it! I know how busy you've been of late, what with work and everything!

Shame the 'Thunduak' didn't fetch more but at least it has gone to a good home and that's more important!

Anyway, it's good to have you back here, keep in touch!
cheers

John, Steve,
Will you two behave yourselves and stick to the bloody topic!
Rolling Eyes Honestly, the pair of you are like a couple of naughty schoolboys - I shall have to take the cane to you both if you don't behave! lol!

Pauline
:flower: :queen:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:49 pm

Yes, Miss. Is that with trousers up or down...? What a Face
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by thunduak-1 Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:42 am

Pollyanna wrote:
John, Steve,
Will you two behave yourselves and stick to the bloody topic!
Rolling Eyes Honestly, the pair of you are like a couple of naughty schoolboys - I shall have to take the cane to you both if you don't behave!

Pauline!

Sounds like time for a damned fine thrashing!

How you keeping?

Guy
thunduak-1
thunduak-1
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve777 Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:11 pm

Oooo errr Mrs, get you !

Well, we were talking about music from around the world and football crowds do sing (badly) so there is a connection. Or am I stretching a point ?

By the way John, the Gallager Brothers from Oasis support Man City ( Thought I would just sneek that one in ! ) and may have played at Westone at sometime in their lives ! You never know !
Steve777
Steve777

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:24 pm

Ooooh, Steve - that's a bit tenuous - Miss will give us a thrashing for sure now!! Laughing
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 01, 2009 11:00 am

thunduak-1 wrote:

Pauline!

Sounds like time for a damned fine thrashing!

How you keeping?

Guy

Hi Guy,

I couldn't agree more! Now, where did I put that Cat o' nine tails?
Laughing

I'm keeping fine thanks and my playing is coming along nicely nowadays - Whoopee!

Right you two!
Stop sneaking your little bits in here and there thinking I won't notice! John, I don't think my constitution is up to seeing two bare hairy a***s so the caning will be done with your pants kept firmly in place!
What a Face

Behave!

Pauline
:flower: :queen:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by thunduak-1 Wed May 13, 2009 4:20 am

Warrn wrote:Oh man, those gold tuners are spectacular! Wish I could take em, but the only thing I have to put em on is a candy red Spectrum GT

Morning chaps!

Well - I had 12 watchers for the gold bass tuners, and not a nibble! So I've taken the bull by the horns, and used them myself, on my Spectrum ST bass. Originally, I had a set of Thunder tuners on it (when I got it, it had non-original tuners). This of course left me with athe really naff ST/Concord-1 thin chrome bridge. So, I found a heavy duty Gotoh style gold bridge on T'bay, for about 14 quid with the same 70mm screw hole spacing - so no extra drilling. The extra weight has hugely improved the sustain!

I had some spare black hardware in REALLY BAD condition from a GT bass, including the roller string guide and a neck plate & screws. What little black remained, was easily stripped with Spirit of Salts (Hydrochloric acid!), and I bought a small jar of gold-plating solution on Fleabay, and rigged up a simple 12v electropating (brush plating) rig. The roller has come out really well, and I'm pretty pleased with the neck plate, but it has a rather "vintage" look to it. Maybe I should have polished it properly first. The original neck plate had a serial number on it, but not the one from the GT, so I simply wrote the number on the back of the gold plate with a CD writing pen for ID purposes!

Anyhow - I now have an ST bass, but with a really chunky (DT/GT/Gotoh style) bridge, all in gold. I even replaced the screws for the cavity cover with gold ones too, so all I need now, is to plate the jack socket! It looks fantastic - black and gold! Much closer in spec now to the DT bass. I really like this bass - excellent action, and great oomph from the pickup.

Back to the black GT parts. I still have a set of tuners from the DT, in horrible condition, as well as the body and neck, in even worse condition! The tuners are possibly original, but have no logo on. Has anybody else seen DT tuners - should they be logo'ed?

Back to the Thunder tuners: Did you all know that they can be dismantled from L/H to R/H? so it is easy to convert from 2-as-side, to 4-a-side!

Anyhow - I now have a few more spare parts that may end up on T'bay:

4 Thunder bass tuners 2 or 4 a side LH or RH (chrome)
Spectrum rolling string retainer (chrome)
Spectrum ST / Concord-1 bass Bridge (chrome)

Guy
thunduak-1
thunduak-1
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Wed May 13, 2009 3:34 pm

Now listen, fella - it's all very well telling us all this stuff, but you are gonna show us, yes?! Very Happy
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down