The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sid Poole Prestige Cutlass for sale in the SE of England

4 posters

Go down

sale - Sid Poole Prestige Cutlass for sale in the SE of England Empty Sid Poole Prestige Cutlass for sale in the SE of England

Post by McToot_the_Bat Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:52 am

Hi chaps.  Totally over-stretched myself in a buying frenzy before Christmas and as a result need to shift some gear.  On the basis of last in first out, my Westone Cutlass is in the firing line. 

I have put it on http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/8217/fs-westone-prestige-cutlass-uk-made-guitar-for-under-250#latest, where I'm a seasoned buyer/seller and on Gumtree. 

The gumtree ad is still being processed.  I've got it on for £245 on there, but would be happy to take £225 to any folks on here. 

Feel free to fire away with any questions. 

Cheers
McToot_the_Bat
McToot_the_Bat
Registered Member

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2012-01-22

Back to top Go down

sale - Sid Poole Prestige Cutlass for sale in the SE of England Empty Re: Sid Poole Prestige Cutlass for sale in the SE of England

Post by bobroberts Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:37 pm

I can vouch for McToot, from The Fretboard, and the Musicradar forum, before that. Sound guy!
bobroberts
bobroberts

Number of posts : 336
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Back to top Go down

sale - Sid Poole Prestige Cutlass for sale in the SE of England Empty Re: Sid Poole Prestige Cutlass for sale in the SE of England

Post by McToot_the_Bat Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:33 pm

bobroberts wrote:I can vouch for McToot, from The Fretboard, and the Musicradar forum, before that. Sound guy!

Many thanks for that Bob - much appreciated.
McToot_the_Bat
McToot_the_Bat
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by McToot_the_Bat Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:24 am

Any offers?  I think it's reasonably priced, but will entertain ONOs.  I've just sold a few bits and pieces on ebay and am trying to keep up the momentum: selling can be quite energizing - the more I do it, the more I know I have in the pot for the next orgy of GAS  Laughing
McToot_the_Bat
McToot_the_Bat
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bobroberts Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:15 am

I think the only thing that might go against it, on here, would be the 'upgrades' - this being a forum of Westone obsessives, and all..  Wink 

I think it's a lot of guitar for the money, and in different times, I'd be all over it - even though I prefer my Westie's all original, too..!
bobroberts
bobroberts

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:31 am

Gorgeous guitar, don't see them here in the US.
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 2772
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by bobroberts Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:29 am

Don't see them much, here, The Chad - I don't think they sold many, which is a shame..!
bobroberts
bobroberts

Back to top Go down

Post by McToot_the_Bat Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:17 pm

Point taken Bob.  It's funny: as soon as I bought it, I wondered how difficult it would be to get the original pickups to return it stock, even though the US aftermarket pickups are supposedly 'superior'.  The two Prestiges I've played, both with stock pickups, sounded lovely as they were.  For me, though, the best thing about these guitars is the feel - the neck especially.  If I end up keeping this, I'll be looking to source some lower output warmer units and to have the standard HS layout.
McToot_the_Bat
McToot_the_Bat
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:27 pm

The feel, that's what it's all about.  I have GREAT sounding guitars that I barely play because I don't like the way they feel. 

So if you really like the feel of an instrument, you'll make it sound better than it is because your heart is in it.
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 2772
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Meadows Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:04 pm

McToot_the_Bat wrote:  For me, though, the best thing about these guitars is the feel - the neck especially.  If I end up keeping this, I'll be looking to source some lower output warmer units and to have the standard HS layout.

Couldn't agree more about the neck and the natural body almost warms and hugs you back the longer you play it, pure class.

Maybe if your price suits someone's budget, they could take on the project of flipping the pups to something that suits their style, the bare bones of the guitar are totally there, good luck
Meadows
Meadows
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2013-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by McToot_the_Bat Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:33 am

£200 + delivery bump.  Happy to meet within 45 mins by car of Gatwick airport or in Central London.
McToot_the_Bat
McToot_the_Bat
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down