The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Member, Old Guitar

3 posters

Go down

guitar - New Member, Old Guitar Empty New Member, Old Guitar

Post by coopan Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:33 pm

Hi gang,

just found this site, I'm not a member of other chat forums so I'm not sure how they all work, I've owned my Dynasty for going on 30yrs now, its only the second guitar I've ever bought, I've never seen another one like it, and I've lerarned to play guitar on it, gigged it, and loved it for nearly 30yrs.

It's quite simply awesome, it's got more sounds available with it's cool switching than any other more expensive branded guitars, it's trem and locking nut works! it's lite on your shoulder when you're gigging, you don't get a sore inside of your arm when you play it, or gig it, like more full bodied guitars, and it just turn heads when ever you turn up to a gig. I have worked in a music shop and played Hamer and Gibson and Washburn, and Strats, but none play as well as my Dynasty, from full on rock to warm jazz, and out of phase Strat sound, I don't know what I would do if I lost it, I borrowed my mates Les Paul Junior, and it was ok... but I couldn't see myself swapping, it just doesn't have the versatility... over the top gushing but true.. What do you guys think?... guitar - New Member, Old Guitar Icon_biggrin
coopan
coopan
Registered Member

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2013-12-10

Back to top Go down

guitar - New Member, Old Guitar Empty Re: New Member, Old Guitar

Post by corsair Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:11 pm

You may gush without fear in here, my boy; we all have pretty much the same attitude!

I. don't have a Westone pointy, but I do have a couple of Matsumoku pointies and some Westones which are the basis for your Dynasty, so I know where you're coming from!

We also like pix...

You are among friends....
corsair

Number of posts : 6319
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by coopan Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:51 pm

Thanks, feeling better already, got a gig on Frid. night, I will be playing with a new sence of pride, safe in the knowledge that I am amongst a brother hood of Westone fans/ fanatics that I never knew about..Hoo Ra!!! Very Happy
coopan
coopan
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by coopan Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:03 am

Guys this may sound stupid, but I'm 52, I play rock guitar in a gigging covers band, I'm a qualified engineer, and I've never photographed my own guitar, but I thought yeah that might be a good idea, but even if I did, I have absolutely no idea how I would get the photo on this forum. Spose I should of got out more as a kid, but I spent too much time sitting on the end of my bed... PLAYING WITH my little red WESTY, and I'm glad I did...  Very Happy
coopan
coopan
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:34 pm

Have a read HERE

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8687
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by coopan Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:56 pm

Thanks for the help, it's a lot to get my none Techy head round, but I'll definitely give it a go cheers
coopan
coopan
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down