The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weston Spectrum FX Solid Body Electric Guitar w/ Original Hard Case

4 posters

Go down

guitar - Weston Spectrum FX Solid Body Electric Guitar w/ Original Hard Case Empty Weston Spectrum FX Solid Body Electric Guitar w/ Original Hard Case

Post by koky Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:15 am

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=221099770607&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:GB:1123
koky
koky
Registered Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-06-26

Back to top Go down

guitar - Weston Spectrum FX Solid Body Electric Guitar w/ Original Hard Case Empty Re: Weston Spectrum FX Solid Body Electric Guitar w/ Original Hard Case

Post by METESKY Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:05 pm

Dang... $406.93US. Just couldn't keep that one on the hook. Good luck to a well-heeled winner. ;-)
METESKY
METESKY
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2012-04-01

Back to top Go down

guitar - Weston Spectrum FX Solid Body Electric Guitar w/ Original Hard Case Empty Re: Weston Spectrum FX Solid Body Electric Guitar w/ Original Hard Case

Post by Iceman Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:28 pm

METESKY wrote:Dang... $406.93US. Just couldn't keep that one on the hook. Good luck to a well-heeled winner. ;-)

Would it be bad form for me to inquire as to your bid? Was it one of the last minutes snipes?
Iceman
Iceman
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 2894
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/Kahler_Instructions.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by gittarasaurus Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:29 pm

snipers took that one way over the top Shocked
gittarasaurus
gittarasaurus
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 1498
Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:56 pm

gittarasaurus wrote:snipers took that one way over the top Shocked

Oh, I dunno Mike...

WHat do you figure a comparable new model from a maker of similar quality today would run with all the appointments of an FX, including an OHSC?

That case BTW is the same as what my wife's x390 came with from Mats. They are a very pronounced step up from what Westone was providing in those branded, form fitted ones that are more commonly seen.
Iceman
Iceman

Back to top Go down

Post by gittarasaurus Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:57 pm

westone guitars have always been miles ahead in that way.
nobody has made guitars of that quality in that price range, then or now.
they will always be worth more than they cost, at most any price.

i would have guessed closer to $300, just given the current market. most spectrums have been going at around $200 lately. obviously this is one of the best models, but this one had a hole in the front and a switch added. and the very cute little dice knobs too. minor issues really.

the bigger thing is that there have been very few of these for sale, so i think at least a couple people decided they just had to have it.

i think this went high due to 2 snipers "dropping a bomb" to win.
gittarasaurus
gittarasaurus
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 1498
Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by METESKY Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:31 pm

I was surprised that it went over $300US, but I'd been on the lookout for a white one for some time.

Are they worth it? Hell yes. But for $440 with shipping I'd want a minty.
METESKY
METESKY
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2012-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:20 am

Understood guys, but back to my question. I really do not keep current on today's makers and the quality of their offerings so I am asking honestly for your opinions on this.

A very well designed and constructed superstrat with the same or closely similar materials, electronics and tonal options would go for what as a new axe in the market today?

What neighborhood would I need to visit to find it? Schecter? Carvin? Hamer? Epiphone? PRS?

I'm thinking the buyer was looking through this sort of prism when he decided to pull the trigger. That is most likely the reason it went higher than expected, IMHO... Embarassed
Iceman
Iceman

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:25 pm

Anyone care to hazard a guess as to the function of that extra switch on this one?
Iceman
Iceman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down