The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To modify or Not to??? My Westone Pantera X275

+3
corsair
Sgt. Vimes
GtrGeorge!
7 posters

Go down

To modify or Not to???   My Westone Pantera X275 Empty To modify or Not to??? My Westone Pantera X275

Post by GtrGeorge! Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:36 pm

Its cool, its groovey..
but I am so used to emgs that the passive S-S-H on board are a little less chunky than I can deal with...ok, they are really NOT Chunky at all.
So if I mod it....there is one less pristine Pantera in the World..and if I don't....either I sell it or it will see little use in my hands.
....and its a good guitar. Decisons,Decisions..
any input appreciatted.

GtrGeorge
GtrGeorge!
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2012-03-12

Back to top Go down

To modify or Not to???   My Westone Pantera X275 Empty Re: To modify or Not to??? My Westone Pantera X275

Post by Sgt. Vimes Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:10 pm

changing pickups isnt really "modding".
As long as you keep the originals intact and should you come to sell it in the future, you can put the originals back in.
Sgt. Vimes
Sgt. Vimes
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 3322
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

To modify or Not to???   My Westone Pantera X275 Empty Re: To modify or Not to??? My Westone Pantera X275

Post by Guest Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:14 pm

Swap them and keep the originals - tis no big thing to put them back if you wanted to sell as original. I for one am not a fan of modding guitars.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt. Vimes Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:20 pm

Roll on Floor Laff
Sgt. Vimes
Sgt. Vimes
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 3322
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:23 pm

Glad ya got it eh Smile
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:58 pm

Ahhh, for pitys sake, man; it's YOUR guitar, I say have at it!! Cool

As long as you take heed of the boys' caveat; keep the OEM gear in case you want to sell down the road a ways!! Laughing
corsair

Number of posts : 6319
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by mortarman120gang11c Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:55 pm

You play it so set it up as you prefer it. So long as no major work is done the original pickups can be put back in if you ever decide to sell it. If it was a prototype or one of a kind etc then I would say keep it as is but there are other Panteras out there most times so fix it the way you want it so it makes you happy.
mortarman120gang11c
mortarman120gang11c
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 740
Registration date : 2011-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:38 pm

Make the changes so that you love it!!!

Wish I could do that with one of my rare guitars, but it's way too rare. As Arthur said, your 275 is not rare, so have at it and make it a great player.
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 2772
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by GtrGeorge! Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:32 pm

Yeah..its isn't RARE..just not common.
I want to make it into my Trevor Rabin Signature...

and that will take
1) adding at least one tone knob
2) Upgrading the pickups (possibly to emgs)
3) having the neck sanded to the same dimensions as the TRS guitar
..and I may go further and have the guitar routed so the wireless unit is inside it

all together its alot of modifying..but then again there are NO more Trevor Rabin Signature guitars so...what is one to do?
and hence the apprehension.
Decisions,decisions....

GtrGeorge

GtrGeorge!
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by J.a.c.aranda87 Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:05 pm

Sounds like a good idea to me. I've been talking to a local luthier about doing some work on my X300 to make it more like my AER. (Sorry for the D.I.Y. guys on here. If I could do it myself, I would!) I like the 300, but it's so heavy and the neck is too much for my hands. Compared to the paper-like AER300, it was quite a change. Speaking of, I still need pics up here before the mods....
J.a.c.aranda87
J.a.c.aranda87
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2012-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:45 am

To modify or Not to???   My Westone Pantera X275 25273440... yes ... you better had!! Very Happy
corsair

Number of posts : 6319
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by GtrGeorge! Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:49 am

yes...lets see some pics....all the initials confuse me.

GtrGeorge
GtrGeorge!
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by GtrGeorge! Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:30 pm

oh and btw: its really a Westone X300 Pantera in white (Pearloid)...does that change the rarity at all????????
GtrGeorge
GtrGeorge!
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:05 pm

Not certain of numbers as they related to the color choices, GG. Pearl White was a standard offering in the 300 Pro model line so probably not.

The x275 and x300 models were the larger production run variants of the Pantera line. The x275 did come in a Cherry Sunburst finish for a bit, but that is about as far as rarity went with them, as far as I know.
Iceman
Iceman
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 2894
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/Kahler_Instructions.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by GtrGeorge! Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:49 am

I am inclined to do the FULL MONTY to this guitar...in an effort to have a Trev RabinSig that can use live at any gig, at any time.
GtrGeorge

GtrGeorge!
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down