The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Westone X390's

+8
Westbone
beavis
Iceman
hoax
westcoaster
midhilis
Kenn Gordon
J.a.c.aranda87
12 posters

Go down

x390 - Westone X390's Empty Westone X390's

Post by J.a.c.aranda87 Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:15 pm

Does anyone know of any floating around currently? I search pretty often for them, but I know you guys can turn up great stuff. Plus, I'm just reminding that I'm here. haha
J.a.c.aranda87
J.a.c.aranda87
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2012-05-14

Back to top Go down

x390 - Westone X390's Empty Re: Westone X390's

Post by Kenn Gordon Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:15 am

I have one for sale
Kenn Gordon
Registered Member

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2012-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by midhilis Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:51 pm

I think most people here know that, if they don't they should see this thread -

http://forum.westoneguitars.net/t3353-3-westones-on-pre-loved-today

You told me you were a Matsumoku nut and had always wanted one a Pantera X390. You won mine on Ebay and put it up for sale at more than twice the price you won it for the day after you got it. As for your comments on another thread about your wife only letting you keep three guitars and one amp ... is the HH Studio 100 2x12 the same one you sold recently, or another? Does your wife know about the several guitars you've bought just from Ebay in the last 10 days? (Not including the Thunder III you were blocked from bidding on - I sell my guitars to people who will cherish them and play them, not to hypocrites who are obviously not Westone lovers. You're a dealer, pure and simple. Or in your case, impure and simple.)
midhilis
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2012-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post by westcoaster Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:14 pm

I was wondering why I got a random unsolicited PM from Kenn Did anyone else get one?
westcoaster
westcoaster

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2011-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by midhilis Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:27 pm

Would that be Kenn (Ebay username Irishkaraoke middle name mud) Gordon?

I wouldn't be at all surprised.
midhilis
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by hoax Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:04 pm

I PM'd Kenn about his Thunder 3 but was it was already sold which is rather disappointing as I had 75 coins of the Queen's Realm ready to wing their way off in exchange. I could have gone as low as 50 if there were any scratches.

Hoax
hoax
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 1104
Registration date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by midhilis Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:11 pm

My God,he's actually sold one at the ludicrous prices he asks for???
midhilis
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:46 pm

Regarding your longer post above and comment therein I can confidently share with you that your Session II has very quickly become a top 5 here with my wife.

It shall not be seeing the open market again in most of our lifetimes, David. Thanks again.
Iceman
Iceman
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 2894
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/Kahler_Instructions.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by J.a.c.aranda87 Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:27 pm

midhilis wrote:I think most people here know that, if they don't they should see this thread -

http://forum.westoneguitars.net/t3353-3-westones-on-pre-loved-today

You told me you were a Matsumoku nut and had always wanted one a Pantera X390. You won mine on Ebay and put it up for sale at more than twice the price you won it for the day after you got it. As for your comments on another thread about your wife only letting you keep three guitars and one amp ... is the HH Studio 100 2x12 the same one you sold recently, or another? Does your wife know about the several guitars you've bought just from Ebay in the last 10 days? (Not including the Thunder III you were blocked from bidding on - I sell my guitars to people who will cherish them and play them, not to hypocrites who are obviously not Westone lovers. You're a dealer, pure and simple. Or in your case, impure and simple.)

Everybody has already expressed the disdain I would have toward Kenn, but one quick thing regarding this... I know that neither of us knew how it would turn out at the time, midhillis, but I wish you would've tried to find a courier to ship overseas and worked out a deal with me. I was already sad about losing it, but it was a slap in the face when you were able to ship overseas almost immediately after the X390 went, and another slap when I couldn't get it from the guy who bought it because of the ridiculous price tag. Just the third side of the X390 debacle. haha

I never got a pm, westcoaster. I'd be interested to know what he said/the motivation behind it.
J.a.c.aranda87
J.a.c.aranda87
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:30 am

I love Drama - it's an 80's album by the band Yes.

Any one got a cheap 390?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by westcoaster Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:02 am

Here it is

"From Kenn Gordon To westcoaster, Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:45 pm

How do i post pictures of My westones here?"

Looks like a total fishing trip to me, dont know why I would have got this message when its quite clear how to post images (even badly taken photos) here.
westcoaster
westcoaster

Back to top Go down

Post by beavis Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:32 am

This is a sad story. Westones being used only for speculation purposes makes me sick; do that kind of stuff with start-up shares or 1950 gibsons or something, not with top quality guitars for chrissakes!

As it has already been pointed out many times on this forum, we westoners are partly the cause of all of this as we rave (and rightly so) about the quality of these guitars. But you have to be two to tango and these outrageous prices will go down if nobody lays down the cash.
beavis
beavis

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2011-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Westbone Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:05 pm

[quote="westcoaster"]Here it is

"From Kenn Gordon To westcoaster, Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:45 pm

How do i post pictures of My westones here?"

Looks like a total fishing trip to me, dont know why I would have got this message when its quite clear how to post images (even badly taken photos) here.[/quote]

Thinking back to trouble you had posting photos, that's quite ironic. Laughing I had absolutely no idea myself at first.
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 5917
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://www.chruler.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by westcoaster Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:43 pm

Guilty as charged - but it's much easier since Barry put up the FAQ.

Was just making the point that the pm gave me the impression that he was hoping for a "what, you're selling a westone, I'll take it" type response.
westcoaster
westcoaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Westbone Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:57 pm

He sent me some photos of the x390. 3 in all.

Not at all clear and one was the back of a l/h Thunder II

I'm not going to upload them here, they're too big anyway.

Hard to tell the condition from them and not much mention of it neither. I had noticed the switch tip had gone walkies already.

Best just left alone.

The original photos are on ebay anyway.
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by J.a.c.aranda87 Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:17 pm

sarcaster wrote:I love Drama - it's an 80's album by the band Yes.

Any one got a cheap 390?

1. GREAT Yes reference.

2. That's what I'm asking!!
J.a.c.aranda87
J.a.c.aranda87
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:11 pm

westcoaster wrote:...but it's much easier since Barry put up the FAQ...
yeah, that entry about posting pix has been up since June 6. His email is dated June25. Apparently, he can't read.

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry

Number of posts : 8689
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenn Gordon Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:01 am

what is the Problem with Buying and selling and Upgrading my collection?
you all want westones and you all want your westones to go up in value and I buy on an open market and then you flame me for selling on that open market I LOVE Matsumoku Guitars and will never Break one for parts and each Guitar that I sell ALWAYS goe out in better condition then when it comes in. Sometimes that requires a refret or other major work. I have sold several Westones to member here and ALL of them Have been delighted with with the quality of what I sell (Market Value is just what it says whatever the market will hold is what it is) Had I been a long standing member you would not have flamed me for selling my guitars and for someone to Private Message me just to get a rise seems somewhat childish I was under the assumption this was a adult forum. Yes I sell at the Top end of the market because the Guitars I sell are at that end I do ship worldwide and have sent Westones to Denmark Finland USA and my shipping prices are reflected in the quality of packaging and INSURANCE. yes my selling nick on ebay is irishkaraoke What is my crime apart from owning guitars that others would want but they failed to bid for when I did? If you think a guitar is worth £550 then bis for it at that Like I did but dont sit and bitch about it afterwards shhhhhhherrsshhhh
Kenn Gordon
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:49 am

maybe, Kenn, maybe...

No-one has a problem with selling for a profit; it's the price gouging and mis-representation that members here have taken exception to.

No-one has yet "flamed" anyone, though there have been valid questions asked about the propriety of the X390 sale.

You appear to be obsfucating the issue a little and I wonder if you were honest enough to say from the beginning that you were selling for a profit rather than the whole "my wife is making me sell gear" line then things may have run smoother...
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by hoax Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:11 am

Kenn Gordon wrote:what is the Problem with Buying and selling and Upgrading my collection?
you all want westones and you all want your westones to go up in value and I buy on an open market and then you flame me for selling on that open market I LOVE Matsumoku Guitars and will never Break one for parts and each Guitar that I sell ALWAYS goe out in better condition then when it comes in. Sometimes that requires a refret or other major work. I have sold several Westones to member here and ALL of them Have been delighted with with the quality of what I sell (Market Value is just what it says whatever the market will hold is what it is) Had I been a long standing member you would not have flamed me for selling my guitars and for someone to Private Message me just to get a rise seems somewhat childish I was under the assumption this was a adult forum. Yes I sell at the Top end of the market because the Guitars I sell are at that end I do ship worldwide and have sent Westones to Denmark Finland USA and my shipping prices are reflected in the quality of packaging and INSURANCE. yes my selling nick on ebay is irishkaraoke What is my crime apart from owning guitars that others would want but they failed to bid for when I did? If you think a guitar is worth £550 then bis for it at that Like I did but dont sit and bitch about it afterwards shhhhhhherrsshhhh

OK Kenn

You are either having a moan or soliciting opinion. I will take it both and offer you the following:

Firstly, I am a supporter of the free market as the alternatives are extremely unpalatable. I am not, however, a supporter of you or your selling practices.

This site is for Westone enthusiaists. It is not primarily a vehicle for sale.

You claim to have some professional knowledge of the Matsumoku set up in the eighties, yet rather than joining the site to pass on your knowledge, offer technical tips, join in the banter etc, you come straight in and attempt to sell to existing members.

To further alienate yourself, you attempt to sell for double the price an item that you have bought days ago from a long standing and respected member.

There are clear trails of evidence that you generally try to double your money, and you are either niaive enough to think that there will be no reaction, or brazen enough not to care.

Your adverts are full of blatant inaccuracies which are either designed to inflate the price or are an indicator of your lack of knowledge. Either way, it just serves to further annoy genuine enthusiasts.

It is clear from your post that you are not happy with some of the existing membership. It is equally clear that some members are not happy with you.

In view of these apparant diverging views and philosophies, you have got to ask yourself - "Should I stick around?"

In conclusion, this site is not an extension of the free market. It is a close, usually friendly, stopping place for enthusiasts.

Hoax
hoax
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by bowenjaybee Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:14 am

Kenn, the internet second hand market can be a risky place to buy from and has to be built on trust & reputation. Your "Wife is making me sell" lies and exaggerated sales buzzwords do nothing for your reputation at all.
bowenjaybee

Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2010-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Westbone Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:00 am

No mention of this in your description...

x390 - Westone X390's Dscf0699t
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:20 pm

Well said boyz! Big Thumbs Up

Barry
Barry

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:44 pm

No dog in this fight really but perhaps if folks (newbies especially) would take the time to respect Forum rules as delineated in any STICKY messages for certain sections these sort of wrinkles would iron themselves out.

Nahhhh, can't be that easy, can it? scratch
Iceman
Iceman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:58 pm

I got no dog in this fight, but I think there are those that flip guitars and use whatever selling methods need as their income comes from flipping them. This guy got called out - so be it. I could care less if he says he is "selling cause the wife says so" but I am much more concerned with the photo Westbone posted of the damaged headstock. That needs to be posted in HIS new listing. Or any ones for that matter - good catch West. The guitar is great, but flawed, and not near worth the original asking price.

Now that a flaw has been revealed - hopefully it will be relisted fairly
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenn Gordon Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:01 pm

I make no pretense to making a profit on any guitar I sell
and you claim
my pictures were Blurred which we both know is a blatant Lie but thats your choice to do that I DARE you to show the pictures and yes the switch tip was missing however just after I sourced a tip and installed it
why don't you ask the folks who have bought instruments from me and that is mostly Matsumoku instruments you will not find a SINGLE complaint about any instrument I have ever sold take for instance the x390cb I bought it for £500+ I bought a Mint condition case for £110 I Had the headstock professorially repaired at a cost of £150 I had a full pro set up by Bopcat guitars £60 and that is why I charge the price I do because I outlay
the Lefthand thunder II was in shop new mint condition
the flaming is in my honest opinion churlish as I responded to a request for a x390
I do have a intimate knowledge of matsumoku instruments because I have probably owned over 300 over the past 18 months I am Not a shop I do trade and make no bones about it I want the best quality for myself so will continually trade until i get them I spend a fortune on fixing instruments ie today I have just paid £45 for a 3 way mini toggle (Original) switch for a 1981 Thunder 1A to be fitted by Johns Audio Visual here in Boston Lincs PLEASE feel free to check for those who think I scam..... I bought the Guitar for £160 I wil no doubt sell for between £150 - £170 so will not see a profit (its called market value)
I would guess in reality the people making fun of me are either bored with their position in life or long to be revered because they think they are absolute experts in the field of Westone and dont require further input or others to have a honest part in a small and limited clubhouse
I would have been happy to be a part of the westone forum and shared my limited experience with others along with helping to source parts from sources (not just from me) but from other independents (who are not just mates) but like me really do care about instruments
the X390 I bought had not been repaired prior to me buying it and did not come in a westone case let alone a Mint condition one
IF the folks here slating me REALLY cared about the QUALITY of the instruments they keep banging on about Rather than just claiming to own or wanting to or having owned then I would have thought they would have been happy to have someone in the group who would go to great lengths to bring Instruments Back to their Former Glory
would you have me repair and renovate for FREE???? do you do gigs for free???? NO? well neither do I
I AM A TRUE MATSUMOKU ENTHUSIAST
Kenn Gordon
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:47 pm

I too have no dog in this fight, but you're still missing some salient points and complaints Kenn. Go back and read what is pissing people off here. Everything from ignoring posting rules to apparent misrepresentation.

You still do not seem to be listening. One person can be dismissed as a flamer, but so many people cannot be wrong.

Barry
Barry

Back to top Go down

Post by hoax Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:11 pm

Kenn

If you are genuinely interested in the best Matsumoku guitars then I will be happy to sell you some.

I have 2 x Rainbow 2's at £1000 each. Call it £2000 if you take the two.

I have Rainbow 1 version 2 at £950

I have 3 x Vantage Ghost at £350 each (Thes are the versions where you can actually see a ghost if you view the rear of the headstock using black light. Funny thing is, I didn't know about it till me and my old mate, Ken Noble, got together for some Sushi and chips, in Tokyo and he told me about it. Well, Begorra !! - You could have hit me with a potato!!

I have 6 x Westbury Standard at £350 each (all nicer than the one you are trying to sell fo £350). Take them all and call it £2100

I have Aria Pro PE 800 at £800
PE 500 at £500
LS 500 at £500
LC 500 at £500
YS 400 at £400
YS 500 at £500
If I had a YS 600 it would be £600 (Can you see a little pattern developing?)

I have many more but I am bored now. I will have others that you will be interested in. The price to you will be market value x 2.

Hoax

Kenn - You didn't just kiss the Blarney Stone - You bought it a bunch of flowers, took it to the cinema, shagged it , married it, had 14 kids and 77 grandkids and then renewed your vows after a lovely candle lit meal at Harry Ramsdens.

Last edited by hoax on Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:47 pm; edited 3 times in total
hoax
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt. Vimes Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:36 pm

Coffee Drinker
Sgt. Vimes
Sgt. Vimes
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 3322
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by hoax Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:50 pm

Sgt. Vimes wrote: x390 - Westone X390's 2766251783

Yeah

I know Sarge - I'm a funny guy. But if you want to be number 1 joker on this forum, you need to push the envelope. Some of the new up and coming guys are funnier than Funny Jack McFunny ( The World Funny Champion) !!

If truth be told, as you know, I am also a free marketeer but, it is one thing being outside the tent and pissing in. When you get into the tent and keep on pissing, then no pigeon English plee will spare you from my opinion!! You probably also know that my opinion is one of the few things that I am happy to share - whether requested or not.

Hoax bounce
hoax
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:23 pm

Roll on Floor Laff

Barry
Barry

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:36 pm

Kenn, you're making claims that you repair/restore/renew without backing up those claims; they may be verifiable but I think you'll find that no-one is going to bother following up on your references/referees, simply because of the impression you made first up.

I would suggest that if you're serious about being a genuine part of this forum then you move on and share some of your knowledge, rather than make matters worse by trying to justify your prices; if that's what you're charging, that's what you're charging... go for it, but don't expect anyone in here who is a bona fide enthusiast to be happy about it!!

What's more, this particular argument is getting old and tired and is about to have its legs cut off...

Let it go, fellas... everyone's had a whinge and a moan; let's move on...

If Kenn's a straight shooter, we'll know soon enough...
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenn Gordon Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:04 am

I am prepared to let this go and I hope others will too I apologise if I broke rules unknowingly
I also apologise for posting in areas I should not have
However I feel it was wrong of the person who first asked for pictures to post then never posted them and then ridiculed me when they knew the truth
that the end of it
If anyone is looking for parts I will do my best to source and help
I am not a bad person. and yes I do make money from the sale of guitars. This funds projects
Thank you
Kenn Gordon
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Westbone Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:26 am

Westbone wrote:He sent me some photos of the x390. 3 in all.

Not at all clear and one was the back of a l/h Thunder II

I'm not going to upload them here, they're too big anyway.

Hard to tell the condition from them and not much mention of it neither. I had noticed the switch tip had gone walkies already.

Best just left alone.

The original photos are on ebay anyway.

~
You sent me the pictures Ken.

1 was of a l/h Thunder II from the back, the other 2 were not all that good anyway.

If you call the above quote ridicule, what can you I say???
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:20 pm

:snackin\':

Iceman
Iceman

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:36 pm

OK... let's all move on, yes?!
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:55 pm

Stick a fork in it.
It's done already! Yummy!

Barry
Barry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down