The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For sale: Westone Thunder III guitar, MIJ by Matsumoku 1981

+5
bobroberts
grogg
Sgt. Vimes
Barry
johnnyl
9 posters

Go down

sale - For sale: Westone Thunder III guitar, MIJ by Matsumoku 1981 Empty For sale: Westone Thunder III guitar, MIJ by Matsumoku 1981

Post by johnnyl Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:08 pm

Hi,

sorry to post an ad as first post but I'm a bit desperate for money right now, so...

I sadly need to sell my Westone Thunder III guitar.

Made in Japan by Matsumoku in 1981, it's a top of the line model: neck through, active electronics, ebony fretboard, etc. - here are the full specs (from westone.info):

Body - Canadian Ash, Hard Maple and Walnut

Neck - through neck, Hard Maple and Walnut 5 piece laminate

Ebony fingerboard, brass nut. 25.5 inch scale, 24 frets

Steel tailpiece and bridge with brass saddles

Metal backplates (Presumably like those on the Thunder II and III basses - anodised aluminium, not brass)

2 Magnet-F530 pickups

Controls - Master volume, tone, equalizer volume: coil tap, phase and active EQ switches, 3 way pickup selector

Active EQ is + or - 25 db with a centre zero position, gain is adjustable up to 13db.

Very good conditions, especially considering its age - plays and sounds wonderfully!

sale - For sale: Westone Thunder III guitar, MIJ by Matsumoku 1981 01

sale - For sale: Westone Thunder III guitar, MIJ by Matsumoku 1981 02

sale - For sale: Westone Thunder III guitar, MIJ by Matsumoku 1981 03

sale - For sale: Westone Thunder III guitar, MIJ by Matsumoku 1981 04

I'm looking for 390€ (=315£) for it, but any (reasonable!) offer will be considered - I'd really like to avoid Ebay this time... Wink

PayPal is fine (as long as we split the fees), will ship anywhere in the EU (UK included of course).
johnnyl
johnnyl
Registered Member

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

sale - For sale: Westone Thunder III guitar, MIJ by Matsumoku 1981 Empty Re: For sale: Westone Thunder III guitar, MIJ by Matsumoku 1981

Post by Barry Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:51 pm

johnnyl wrote:Hi,
sorry to post an ad as first post but I'm a bit desperate for money right now, so...
Sorry to hear it. That is just beautiful!
I'd really like to avoid Ebay this time...
Can't fault you for that! pirat

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8687
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

sale - For sale: Westone Thunder III guitar, MIJ by Matsumoku 1981 Empty Re: For sale: Westone Thunder III guitar, MIJ by Matsumoku 1981

Post by Sgt. Vimes Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:38 pm

Hi johnny, very pretty indeed!................am I Really looking at a pair of nipple shields on those switches :?:
Sgt. Vimes
Sgt. Vimes
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 3322
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by grogg Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:07 pm

Ive just bought another guitar, daughters 18th last month, wifes 50th next month, but ... no I cant, arrgh
grogg
grogg
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 1094
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnyl Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:35 pm

Thanks for the compliments guys!

Sgt. Vimes wrote:am I Really looking at a pair of nipple shields on those switches :?:

You say? Suspect

I actually don't know, I just got it that way... Laughing
johnnyl
johnnyl
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnyl Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:11 am

Last price before Ebay: 350€ (=280£).
johnnyl
johnnyl
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bobroberts Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:16 am

Where be you..?
bobroberts
bobroberts

Number of posts : 336
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnyl Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:27 am

bobroberts wrote:Where be you..?

Italy.
johnnyl
johnnyl
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Micro Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:00 pm

Hi Johnny

PM sent.
Micro
Micro
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2011-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnyl Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:41 am

Micro wrote:Hi Johnny

PM sent.

PM replied. Wink
johnnyl
johnnyl
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by beavis Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:48 am

That's a gorgeous guitar. Exactly what I am after right now, but I don't have that much to put into it right now.

So good sale to you!!

(Something tells me Micro will be posting pics of it here in a fortnight or two)
beavis
beavis

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2011-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnyl Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:38 am

SOLD during the weekend... On its way to Sweden right now. Wink
johnnyl
johnnyl
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Society Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:53 pm

johnnyl wrote:SOLD during the weekend... On its way to Sweden right now. Wink

Thanks for the smooth deal and a very nice looking guitar that sounds and feels just great! It´s super! Smile
This is my fifth Westone.

This is the ones I have so far, in the same order as I got them.

Westone Thunder I
Westone Paduak I
Westone Prestige 150
Westone Prestige 250
Westone Thunder III

If anyones interested in seeing some pictures of the other Westones that i mentioned you can see some of them at my photos. Well, there are som other of my guitars as well but the Westones are the last in the column lower right corner.

https://s617.photobucket.com/albums/tt257/Apoptygma99/Gitarrprylar/

Take care and wish you all a great summer!
Society
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2011-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by grogg Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:12 pm

Whoa, what a fab bunch of guitars you have.
grogg
grogg
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Society Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:23 am

Well, thank you sir! Smile
Society
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Westbone Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:14 am

Where's the wind farm in your avatar grogg??

What a grand collection of instruments you have there Society. Are you intending to start a museum?
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 5917
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://www.chruler.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Society Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:36 pm

Westbone:
Thank you! Smile
Well, not really. It just started out when I got sick and needed something to do as a sort of relaxing. Someone said that playing the guitar might be something and I thought, why not give it a try. And then I did not know what I was getting myself into, he he. Very Happy

Did not know anything about guitars and ended up speaking with some people talking about old japanese guitars and something called Matsumoku. And that was the start of everything. First I bought the Thunder I and an Aria Pro II TS-600 and after a while I happaned to find a very nice looking thing which was called Daion. Smile For me it was the most beautiful guitar Ive ever seen. Arranged everything with the financials and after some time the black Daion Power MkXX found its way to me. That is still one of my absolute favourites of all guitars and the Daion brand as well. The black Westone Prestige 150 is also a winner, great feel, sound and looks! Smile

After that it has become one of my biggest interest both playing and collecting, both just for fun. Also the looking/searching part is quite fun and it is always a great feeling when you find something that you have been saving money to and you see it out there on an ad just waiting for you. But now there is on its limit, when looking around in the home there aint to much space left. So, when finding someone new I am more or less forced to sell some of the others.

I am not only stuck with these japanese oldies but they are certainly favourites!

Latest thing to test now (besides the Thunder III) though is something quite different from everything else I own. It is a Gary Kramer. Anyone here who owns or tested anyone?

Wow, sorry for the long reply!
Society
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Society Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:43 pm

I see that there is another thread called "Member´s Westones".

If I had a lot of Westies I could have put them up there but most of my guitars are other brands even if most of them are japanes. Smile

This was a sell thread from the beginning so I see that it maybe wasnt apropriate to start talking of other guitars here in this thread. I´ll apologise if anyone did not like this. Just in case... Smile
Society
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Westbone Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:21 pm

It is contagious.

Thanks for putting up some beautiful instruments.

Hope they made you feel better Smile
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 5917
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://www.chruler.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:54 pm

Society, we have a couple of members who own Daion's and they too are over the moon with the quality and playability. So you're in good company here. sunny

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8687
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Society Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:07 am

Westbone:
You're welcome! Smile
Well, they actually makes me feel better though I get positive energy and feels glad just out of watching them and when playing (or what I would call it) I hopefully have a little peace of mind and less pain for the moment.

Barry:
Sounds just great, can't get enough of good company! Smile
Society
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnyl Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:16 pm

Society: glad to know you're enjoying your new guitar, it's a great one indeed! Wink
johnnyl
johnnyl
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by grogg Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:42 pm

Westbone wrote:Where's the wind farm in your avatar grogg??

Wasnt much wind or farm that day, me on the left, Sardinia, lovely place.
grogg
grogg
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down