The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody got a Pickup marked AL 76

2 posters

Go down

pickup - Anybody got a Pickup marked AL 76 Empty Anybody got a Pickup marked AL 76

Post by Steve777 Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:52 pm

Well, we've all know about MMK 45's , 75's etc . So, has anybody got in their spares box, an AL 76. Its fitted with a block connector (original).

Cheers Steve
Steve777
Steve777

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

pickup - Anybody got a Pickup marked AL 76 Empty Re: Anybody got a Pickup marked AL 76

Post by corsair Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:58 am

...out of...??
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

pickup - Anybody got a Pickup marked AL 76 Empty Re: Anybody got a Pickup marked AL 76

Post by Steve777 Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:05 pm

Hi John,

Apologies ... overlooked your post. John ( Cranbone) and I have been swapping info about his Genesis II ( now sold) and we have put together a complete wiring diagram that I intend to post through David on the Westone website. Loads of useful cavity photo's as well.

John took some ohms readings that concur with mine for the single coils and also checked the "humbucker" that I dont have. Firstly it is marked on the base AL 76 but no MMK stamp. Hence the request for an AL 76.

Secondly, as discussed before, I could bang anything there ( SD, Dimarzio etc) but dont want swamp the single coils, The Ohms resistance of the HB comes out at 7.05 which is on a par with the singles.

However, rocking horse droppings comes to mind if I want to find one, unless you have one in your tool box. I could make one using two single coils from alternative sources or another way would be use a MMK 61 ( 8.4ohm, alnico 5) and this seems the easiest way.

So, has anybody got a MMK 61 they wouldnt mind loosing?

All the best

Steve
Steve777
Steve777

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:47 pm

Ahh! Toddle on over to Matt and Electra as well and see if any of the gurus over there can help.... I don't have a 61 spare, just a 45 and a 75 which is earmarked for my 2nd Clipper... sorry! Smile
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down