The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

want a westone guitar..thunder or whatever

2 posters

Go down

guitar - want a westone guitar..thunder or whatever Empty want a westone guitar..thunder or whatever

Post by kster1968 Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:26 am

way back in 1986(ish) i bought my first guitar...a westone thunder jet...i paid £50 for it second hand. I think i sold it in about 1995 (think i got £80 for it from a pro musician, who told me i would regret selling it!), when i stopped playing for a while. I've had many guitars since...teles, lps, but there was something special about that westone. maybe it's just misty eyed romanticism.. but i have never had a guitar since that just felt so right, held its tuning so well...or looked so damned good.

so i've found this place, and was wondering if anyone could help me with advice etc.

what price are thunders going for

i will be trying to find a thunder in good nick with the woody finish. in england,preferrably lancs/mancs area

are there any other models i should be considering? (3 a side headstock only....no pointy stuff)

thanks
kster1968

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-12-06

Back to top Go down

guitar - want a westone guitar..thunder or whatever Empty Re: want a westone guitar..thunder or whatever

Post by silence86 Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:37 am

hi,
just keep your eyes on ebay...i think that's the best advice you can get...
there is a thunder on ebay uk at the moment(just in case you haven't
already detectet it):

Thunder

best wishes
hans
silence86
silence86

Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-11-13

http://first-daze.de

Back to top Go down

guitar - want a westone guitar..thunder or whatever Empty Re: want a westone guitar..thunder or whatever

Post by kster1968 Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:25 pm

i have started to track the westone guitars on ebay uk,getting a rough idea of prices for the various models. Really i want a thunder (not bothered which model) or a prestige (finances may rule that one out for a while yet though!). i'm going to buy at the end of january, so i should have some idea of what constitutes value for money by that time. there seem to be quite a few on there at the moment. can't wait to get my hands round the neck of one of them. going to get myself a pod xt too i think. anyone got any experience with the two together? i know it aint got the pure valve vibe, but i used to have the old pod 2.o and it was quite a versatile tool for home use, which is what i'll be doing basically.
kster1968

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Hello Kster and welcome! Smile

Bummer!
I haven't been lurking around very much over the past week or so because I've been dying with the dreaded flu,
pale
(Everybody say "Ahh!"
Laughing ) otherwise if I'd noticed your post, I would have contacted you because we have just sold a lovely Thunder I on eBay last week! Sorry mate.

Good luck with the search, I'm sure you will get one soon as the Thunders appear quite often on eBay.

Pauline
:flower: :queen:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down