The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hurry!!! white pantera x390 for 211 USD!!!

3 posters

Go down

Pantera - hurry!!! white pantera x390 for 211 USD!!! Empty hurry!!! white pantera x390 for 211 USD!!!

Post by silence86 Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:54 pm

here it is
I would already have bought it if i hadn't bought 2 basses last month...
silence86
silence86

Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-11-13

http://first-daze.de

Back to top Go down

Pantera - hurry!!! white pantera x390 for 211 USD!!! Empty Re: hurry!!! white pantera x390 for 211 USD!!!

Post by silence86 Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:22 pm

you were fast...who got it?
silence86
silence86

Back to top Go down

Pantera - hurry!!! white pantera x390 for 211 USD!!! Empty Re: hurry!!! white pantera x390 for 211 USD!!!

Post by Crambone Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:38 pm

Hello,

Thanks for the tip. That was a great deal! I actually came on to look at Steve777 guitars. When I saw your posting, I clicked on it figuring it would be gone, and it wasn't, so I jummped on it. Thank you so much!

Happy Holidays,
Brother John
Crambone
Crambone
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-07-18

http://www.myspace.com/cramboneindy

Back to top Go down

Post by silence86 Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:43 pm

no problem at all:-)...i'm just happy that "one of us" got it :-)...you surely will enjoy this guitar cheers

best wishes
hans
silence86
silence86

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:18 pm

Nice catch there, Brother John! Very Happy

And well spotted by you too there, young Hans! We need eagle eyes like you on the case!
cheers

Pauline
:flower: :queen:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Crambone Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:25 am

Thanks, it looks like it is in great shape. This one has the Bendmaster Deluxe tremolo instead of the Kahler. There was a blue one earlier this year that went real fast, that was like this one, and Colt933 said that it was rare; so I'm excited about getting this one. My interest in Westones came from my search for the X390 Pantera. Actually, I got the instructional DVD from Trevor Rabin, and it featured his Alvarez signature, so that's where I started looking, then found out there was a better previous version made by Westone...
Crambone
Crambone
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by colt933 Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:57 pm

Crambone wrote:Thanks, it looks like it is in great shape. This one has the Bendmaster Deluxe tremolo instead of the Kahler. There was a blue one earlier this year that went real fast, that was like this one, and Colt933 said that it was rare; so I'm excited about getting this one. My interest in Westones came from my search for the X390 Pantera. Actually, I got the instructional DVD from Trevor Rabin, and it featured his Alvarez signature, so that's where I started looking, then found out there was a better previous version made by Westone...

Sweet Jeeeezzzzusssss! What a bargain!

I left for a 12 day trip to Europe on 12/05, the day the guitar was on Ebay so I didn't see it until I returned home on 12/16. I live in Nashville so I could have saved on shipping if I had seen the B-I-N! I'd have been all over it! You win some....

I have owned X-390s with Kahlers and Bendmaster Deluxes. I must say that the ones equipped with Kahlers play better and sound better. The Kahler has individual string adjustment for height, intonation, AND spacing - nobody does that! Also, the Kahler models have more wood than the Bendmaster models, so the tone is better and sustain is WAY better with a Kahler. The Bendmaster is a copy of a Floyd so it only has individual string intonation adjustments. As such, you can never set-up the Bendmaster guitars with action as low as the Kahler guitars. The only advantage to having the Bendmaster model (which I did not know existed until I bought one - they're not in any of the catalogs or price lists) aside from lower cost is the fact that a Floyd Rose is a direct replacement for the Bendmaster and as such you can use the D-Tuna - that's what I did.

I highly recommend that the purchaser of this guitar find a used '80s original Floyd Rose for this guitar. Then get a D-Tuna, and block the tremolo to dive only. This combination is HIGHLY flexible. If you have any questions on set-up, feel free to contact me.

Rabin's guitar featured in the video is a 1986 Westone Pantera X-390. By 1991 the Westone brand was disappearing and SLM (or someone) covered up the 'Westone' name on the headstock with 'Alvarez' and also the 'Pantera' logo on the body was covered up. That guitar was NOT an Alvarez Trevor Rabin Signature model, but the later Alvarez TR Signature was based on the guitar in the video. Rabin's relationship was with SLM - not necessarily the Westone brand name - he had Yairis and Ampeg amps too.

On the several bootleg videos available from the 1991 Yes Union tour and the 1994 Yes Talk tours, you can see this guitar's markings change as time went by.

Last edited by colt933 on Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
colt933
colt933

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Crambone Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:20 pm

See what happens when you're a world traveler.

I wondered what had happened to you. Glad to hear that you're alright.

Happy Holidays, Brother John

santa
Crambone
Crambone
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down