The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~ Pink Pantera still on the 'bay ~

+7
grogg
hobster
The Chad
Westbone
corsair
gittarasaurus
drsyn67
11 posters

Go down

Pantera - ~ Pink Pantera still on the 'bay ~ Empty ~ Pink Pantera still on the 'bay ~

Post by drsyn67 Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:16 pm

OK Westheads... I'm sure all of you have looked at this pink beauty... she's been there a while. I'm curious why no one here has bought this one? My lust for her sexy curves is getting bad after getting good images from the seller. Does someone have some insight on these X300s that I am overlooking?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Westone-Pantera-X300-Electric-Guitar-Vintage-/290684662117?pt=Guitar&hash=item43ae27f165#ht_500wt_1413
drsyn67
drsyn67

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2012-02-08

http://www.markcountscreative.com

Back to top Go down

Pantera - ~ Pink Pantera still on the 'bay ~ Empty Re: ~ Pink Pantera still on the 'bay ~

Post by gittarasaurus Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:07 am

i think the price is a little bit high for one not in mint condition, and not including an original case. easy for me to pass this one by, because i have 2 already. Very Happy
gittarasaurus
gittarasaurus
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 1499
Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Pantera - ~ Pink Pantera still on the 'bay ~ Empty Re: ~ Pink Pantera still on the 'bay ~

Post by corsair Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:52 am

... looks to have the Bendmaster Deluxe bridge, not the FT. They're an OK guitar, well, I like mine just fine and I reckon that price is about right, plus or minus a few bucks....
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Westbone Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:21 am

Probably because it's pink. affraid
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 5917
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://www.chruler.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:50 am

Westbone wrote:Probably because it's pink. affraid

The pink is pretty cool, it's an odd color pink. More of a coral, really. Laughing
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 2772
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by hobster Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:01 am

The Chad wrote:
Westbone wrote:Probably because it's pink. affraid

The pink is pretty cool, it's an odd color pink. More of a coral, really. Laughing

I like the color as well, nice lookin axe. I think the price is fair - free shipping with BIN. If i was in the market for one i'd be interested, but when/if i do get a Pantera its not gonna be a bolt on, so i could be in for a looonnngg wait!
hobster
hobster

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by grogg Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:14 pm

Price looks ok to me, especially if the shipping to UK is included.
grogg
grogg
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 1094
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Westbone Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:20 pm

Why is no one buying it then? Free post. Can't be bad. Is it because iss PINK?
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 5917
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://www.chruler.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:04 pm

Westbone wrote:Why is no one buying it then? Free post. Can't be bad. Is it because iss PINK?

Even given the poor photos it appears well worn to me. Locknut looks rusty almost. Sparse information in the description coupled with "check the pics or ask for more" = No No

The standard and pro models seem very plentiful on the 'bay and CL / Kijiji / Gumtree so a better one, or at least what seems to me would be a better one, is probably just around the corner.

These can hang around awhile too. The pink x300 out in San Diego is going on somthing like 7 months now, isn't it?
Iceman
Iceman
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 2894
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/Kahler_Instructions.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by J.a.c.aranda87 Mon May 14, 2012 2:03 pm

Iceman wrote:These can hang around awhile too. The pink x300 out in San Diego is going on somthing like 7 months now, isn't it?

YES! I've been trying to haggle with that guy at every turn and he won't give me anything on it. I really want that guitar, and I seem to be the only one interested in it. It's frustrating to say the least, but he finally offered, after all this time, for me to call and work out a price over the phone. Man, I would kill to have that pink X300! Something about it has had me since I saw it!
J.a.c.aranda87
J.a.c.aranda87
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2012-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Mon May 14, 2012 8:47 pm

J.a.c.aranda87 wrote:
Iceman wrote:These can hang around awhile too. The pink x300 out in San Diego is going on somthing like 7 months now, isn't it?

YES! I've been trying to haggle with that guy at every turn and he won't give me anything on it. I really want that guitar, and I seem to be the only one interested in it. It's frustrating to say the least, but he finally offered, after all this time, for me to call and work out a price over the phone. Man, I would kill to have that pink X300! Something about it has had me since I saw it!

Prepare for the long haul with that crew, j.a.c.

I haggled with him myself nigh a year ago now when it first hit the 'bay. Then I did a little online reasearch on the seller and it is not good. A pal who was in San Diego about a month later swung in and checked them out and confirmed my impressions. They call themselves the largest vintage dealer in yadda-yadda-yadda and the rest. Plenty of unhappy customers in their wake though.

I'd forget about this one if I were you. X300's show up on CL regularly so one should be just around the corner.
Iceman
Iceman

Back to top Go down

Post by J.a.c.aranda87 Mon May 14, 2012 9:02 pm

Well damn. I certainly haven't been very happy with them, but that's me. Maybe I'll get the red X300 on Ebay and refinish it in that pink? Or is that sort of thing frowned upon here? haha I'll try to look on Craigslist. Hopefully I can get lucky and find something!
J.a.c.aranda87
J.a.c.aranda87
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Mon May 14, 2012 9:08 pm

If you're talkin' 'bout this one...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Westone-Pantera-x300-with-Original-Case-Vintage-Matsumoku-/170842235742?pt=Guitar&hash=item27c6fda35e

If it stays at the asking bid with the OHSC and free shipping it would be a near steal.
Iceman
Iceman

Back to top Go down

Post by J.a.c.aranda87 Mon May 14, 2012 9:17 pm

Then it looks like that is the one I should go for! I'm looking forward to adding another Westone to my "collection." And by collection, I mean my AER300. haha
Thanks for the advice on avoiding those guys. I really wanted that color, but this Red one seems like a way better option. Besides, I believe the seller is someone on here!
J.a.c.aranda87
J.a.c.aranda87
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Mon May 14, 2012 11:01 pm

J.a.c.aranda87 wrote:Then it looks like that is the one I should go for!

...Besides, I believe the seller is someone on here!

http://forum.westoneguitars.net/t3269-my-new-pantera-x300

With that freshly registered smell even...
Iceman
Iceman

Back to top Go down

Post by J.a.c.aranda87 Mon May 14, 2012 11:36 pm

Yes, that's him! That's the one. It looks like it is missing some parts. How major or minor of a fix will that be to get those? I believe it was a tremolo arm, fine tuners, and locking nut. Or would it be better to drop in a Kahler like the 390's have?
J.a.c.aranda87
J.a.c.aranda87
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Tue May 15, 2012 1:48 am

The trem arm is a 6mm imported from Stewmac, the fine tuners can be fiddled just by using 4mm(?) hex bolts but and a Kahler behind the nut string lock will sort that string locking thing out! See... easy peasy!!

Oh... you want original parts?! Good luck with that one! I've not found any thumbwheel bolts that do the trick properly yet - FR ones are really wobbly in there - , and Ive been looking for years... there were some Bendmaster Deluxe stringlocks made some years ago and I got two of those, but the maker hasn't been sighted for some time now; pity; he made good gear!

Installing a Kahler Spider, or the like is a faff; not terrifically hard or anything, but a PITA just the same and possibly the trem would be worth more than the guitar?!

Is the guitar going to be a player or a restorer??
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by J.a.c.aranda87 Tue May 15, 2012 10:54 am

Oh it will be a player absolutely! The original parts don't matter me to me very much. I figured they would be hard to find anyway. I've never used a Kahler trem before, but since they're on the X390's, I figured it would be a decent upgrade, although you do make a good point about it possibly being pricey.
J.a.c.aranda87
J.a.c.aranda87
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Tue May 15, 2012 12:19 pm

J.a.c.aranda87 wrote:...The original parts don't matter me to me very much...
Me neither...mostly decorative now. clown

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry

Number of posts : 8695
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by J.a.c.aranda87 Wed May 16, 2012 1:49 am

I'm still up in the air on this one. I can't decide if I should go for it or not. It's missing some stuff, and sinking a Kahler in is not cheap and I'm not sure about finding low-cost replacements, unless the ones previously mentioned are pretty low cost. I was also going to have it re-finished pink, which isn't looking cheap either. On top of all that, I can't decide if I should just hold out or ask around here for a Rabin or an X390 or X300. Decisions, decisions.
J.a.c.aranda87
J.a.c.aranda87
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Wed May 16, 2012 1:57 am

The cost of the bits to make it a runner are negligible; the trem arm is about 6 bucks, the Allen bolts are about 25 cents for the six and I've got a spare stringlock if you don't want to pay what Kahler are asking... not, I hasten to add a genuine one, but a Kahler one I think.

Am I helping? Very Happy

In fact, if you want to turn the hex head bolts into something easier to fiddle with...

http://forum.westoneguitars.net/t312-fine-tuning-screws-for-bendmaster-deluxe-tremolo?highlight=fine+tuners
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by J.a.c.aranda87 Wed May 16, 2012 2:10 am

Wow! Thank you for helping me so much. Looks like I'll bid on it! I guess I should've thought that the bar and that lock wouldn't be too expensive. Oh well. haha So there is someone on here that makes custom fine tuner replacements?

Er, excuse me. You know of someone?
J.a.c.aranda87
J.a.c.aranda87
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Wed May 16, 2012 3:32 am

Yeah... I do, but he lives in a another country and wont do any more!! Laughing
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by J.a.c.aranda87 Thu May 17, 2012 12:07 am

Well great. haha I ended up winning it so now to move ahead with parts!

About that spare string-lock... :farao:
J.a.c.aranda87
J.a.c.aranda87
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Thu May 17, 2012 3:55 am

You won't get one cheaper than this....

http://compare.ebay.com/like/330733340520?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&_lwgsi=y&cbt=y

... but if you're sure you want the one I've got, I'll check postage for you?!

Ahhhh.... found the bit, and a link to a post I made about it long ago...

http://forum.westoneguitars.net/t2209-unknown-locking-nut-stringlock?highlight=locking+nut

Last edited by corsair on Thu May 17, 2012 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by westcoaster Thu May 17, 2012 5:53 am

Every time I see this thread:

Pantera - ~ Pink Pantera still on the 'bay ~ Mobile%20Photo%2017%20May%202012%2010%2050%2026
westcoaster
westcoaster

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2011-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by J.a.c.aranda87 Thu May 17, 2012 11:02 am

corsair wrote:You won't get one cheaper than this....

... but if you're sure you want the one I've got, I'll check postage for you?!

Ahhhh.... found the bit, and a link to a post I made about it long ago...

Which do you think would be the better option? I'm sure I'd be fine with either. If you have no use for that part, I'd be glad to help put it to good use, but if you think the Kahler would fit better or work better (I don't always know about string spacing or something like that) then I'd do that. Thanks for the help and advice, by the way.
J.a.c.aranda87
J.a.c.aranda87
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Thu May 17, 2012 8:29 pm

OK..... a further rummage has vomited up yet another stringlock, which as I recall came off a Westone - probably a Spectrum - which I replaced with an original type one.

Both work; take your pick, and send me your postal address and I'll flick one your way....

Pantera - ~ Pink Pantera still on the 'bay ~ 8bce7016

Pantera - ~ Pink Pantera still on the 'bay ~ 94e4398f
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by J.a.c.aranda87 Fri May 18, 2012 1:45 am

Wow, man. Thank you so much. Really. PM on the way!
J.a.c.aranda87
J.a.c.aranda87
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down