The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can anyone help me find these parts for a 1986 Pantera x300?

3 posters

Go down

Pantera - Can anyone help me find these parts for a 1986 Pantera x300? Empty Can anyone help me find these parts for a 1986 Pantera x300?

Post by myerzj Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:15 pm

Hi, everyone. I was at the local pawn shop yesterday and I noticed a wine red Westone Pantera x300, They were asking 250 with the original hardshell case. I was impressed with how easily it played so I went ahead and put 80 bucks down on it and I am hoping on getting it paid off at the end of the month. The only problems with it besides a few dings and chips is that its missing some parts. I am hoping someone on here can help me out. Also i noticed that wine red is not a color option for this model. Does anybody know whats up with that? It seems to be original paint. Here are pics of the two parts I need. I also need a trem bar. What could I use as a substitute? Anybody know where I might find these parts? Any comments will Pantera - Can anyone help me find these parts for a 1986 Pantera x300? Normal12be greatly appreciated.....Pantera - Can anyone help me find these parts for a 1986 Pantera x300? Normal13
myerzj
Registered Member

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2012-03-15

Back to top Go down

Pantera - Can anyone help me find these parts for a 1986 Pantera x300? Empty Re: Can anyone help me find these parts for a 1986 Pantera x300?

Post by Iceman Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:17 pm

Well sir, you will not find a replacement for that lock nut clamp without modifying a standard one yourself. It is a shape that no one sells aftermarket. Ditto on the allen wrench holder on back of the headstock.

You should be able to pick up a replacement trem bar no sweat though. Just search ebay for 6mm threaded ends. Stewmac also has them online. You would want a plain silver or nickel finished one to match the tremolo.

X300's are great players. I don't have one round here, but the x275's I do have and they are nearly identical from a build standpoint except for electronics. You will be glad you picked that up!
Iceman
Iceman
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 2894
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/Kahler_Instructions.htm

Back to top Go down

Pantera - Can anyone help me find these parts for a 1986 Pantera x300? Empty Re: Can anyone help me find these parts for a 1986 Pantera x300?

Post by myerzj Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:58 pm

Thanks for that info Iceman. I guess I will just hack off a corner of a square one...lol. Does anybody know if westone made a 35th aniversary pantera that was wine red?
myerzj
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:53 pm

Panteras were not Anniversary models. You can check out those here...

http://www.westoneguitars.net/guitars/xa-anniversary/

There will also be a category for Panteras as well there.
Iceman
Iceman
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 2894
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/Kahler_Instructions.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:32 pm

I'm not altogether sure that hacking the corner off a FR clamp would do the trick as the hole has to be in the right place, but give it a crack and let us know what happens! They're not too hard to fabricate with a modicum of DIY skills though... and be aware that underneath that clamp and the strings is a 1 mm shim which is there to prevent guilliotining the string on the lock base as you tighten it down. I've made all of my shims from steel strapping used to tie up wool bales and it works just fine, though a proper bastard to drill.

And when you've got all the bits together, do not over tighten the bolts as they are steel going into an alloy thread and will strip if you look at 'em hard.... And that's a whole new world of hurt right there!! I recommend getting another Allen head bolt for the E/A clamp that is about 1 - 1/2mm longer as it will engage more of the thread in the block. Well, works for me...

Yep, Stewmac for the Wang bar... 6mm imported.

The colour, well, I don't know; give us a look at it ?! Some good clear close ups around the (removed) rear covers, or around the (removed) pickups might be enlightening??
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by myerzj Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:49 am

Thanks for the heads up. I will for sure post some pics as soon as I pay the pawn shop the rest of the money I owe, $170 Sad .......Should be paid off in a few weeks but i have 60 days. Doubt i can wait that long, So please check back. I really wanna know whats up with the paint.
myerzj
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by myerzj Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:08 am

After browsing some older posts I found a member that has a Candy Red Pantera X300 and it looks just like the one I am buying, so I got my answer to my own question lol! I will still post some pics soon. Thanks again guys
myerzj
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down