The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 9th Rail Bass EVER made.... (?)

4 posters

Go down

rail - The 9th Rail Bass EVER made.... (?) Empty The 9th Rail Bass EVER made.... (?)

Post by DreamRaven Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:58 am

Or, so this auction says. What would make him think that?

Interesting price too..
DreamRaven
DreamRaven
Administrator

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

rail - The 9th Rail Bass EVER made.... (?) Empty Re: The 9th Rail Bass EVER made.... (?)

Post by The Chad Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:07 am

Only the 9th one, cool! Now if it was the 8th one, I'd pay even MORE!!! Laughing
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 2772
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

rail - The 9th Rail Bass EVER made.... (?) Empty Re: The 9th Rail Bass EVER made.... (?)

Post by DreamRaven Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:21 am

Especially if it didn't have the same serial code on it that almost all (? I know I am setting myself up for being proved wrong here) 1984 Rails had stamped on them.

I got my 1985 Rail, that is in better condition than that, last year, in the UK for around £250, a good 60% of the price he wants for this '9th' one...
DreamRaven
DreamRaven
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:31 am

From the Home page of westoneguitars.net:
5-digit serials appear on some models:

The first two digits = the year
The last two = the month

It is important to note that these are not really serial numbers, just production dates, and are not unique…84009 is extremely common!

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8687
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Frenchy Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:48 am

I got a 9th one,,, cheers I got a 9th one too :bball:

Wohoo Laughing
Frenchy
Frenchy

Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:51 am

Frenchy wrote:I got a 9th one,,, cheers I got a 9th one too :bball:

Wohoo Laughing

lol! Ah that's funny. cheers
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 2772
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamRaven Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:23 pm

Thanks for that Barry! Very Happy

I had forgotten that I had a source of Westone info to hand!

I thought I would ask the seller a question, just to see if he had any background to his '9TH ONE MADE!' statement

Here is his response exactly as it came

No, it did not come with any sort of certificate. I was told they were numbered consecutively, and that the first two digits of the serial number indicate the year. I am not sure if Westone is still in business, but perhaps a call to them might help verify... or perhaps some collector type posting boards. Thank you.

Now, where might I find out if Westone is still in business? Has anyone got their telephone number on speed dial? Hmm, maybe a collector type posting board? Are they the ones that you hammer nails into?
DreamRaven
DreamRaven
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Frenchy Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:28 am

As a collector I can tell you the 9th one is the bomb... bom

Not the 8th nor the 10th.... Wink the 9th one.. Cool
Frenchy
Frenchy

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamRaven Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:23 am

I pointed the guy to a certain page and he wanted to post my response to him on the auction, but the 'bay does not allow you to do that, so he posted an update to the auction, although he is not allowed to amend the title:
In light of some new information, the number on back of the neck 84009, refers to tjhe month and year it was made, making the build date September of 1984. May or may not be the 9th one made, but a very early example anyway, as these did not appear in the catalogs before 1985.
So, all is good with the world! Wonder who, if anyone is going to buy the Rail? I really should play mine more often!
DreamRaven
DreamRaven
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Frenchy Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:17 am

Wonder who, if anyone is going to buy the Rail? I really should play mine more often!

Yep... it`s great to Rail on them clown
Frenchy
Frenchy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down