The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My "new" GTX 23! WARNING: Sad story

+2
hobster
The Chad
6 posters

Go down

My "new" GTX 23!  WARNING: Sad story Empty My "new" GTX 23! WARNING: Sad story

Post by The Chad Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:08 pm

It arrived, almost perfect condition despite it's age.

My "new" GTX 23!  WARNING: Sad story 100_3207

Anyone have pets? They get in the way...

My "new" GTX 23!  WARNING: Sad story 100_3211

My "new" GTX 23!  WARNING: Sad story 100_3212

And after the little git finally cleared off...

My "new" GTX 23!  WARNING: Sad story 100_3213

Looks amazing. And actually sounds pretty good! Not great, but pretty good. Plays really nice. Medium Jumbo frets and decent D shaped neck (could be a little thinner, but it feels real good). The action is high and would need a good set up, which I won't be doing. Why? Time for the sad part...

The astute among you will see that the headstock tip is busted off and just laying there in place, it had arrived broken off in a big chunk. And the fretboard is cracked away from the neck, all the way up to the 12th fret! And the inlays are popping out. So the seller is having UPS pick it back up tomorrow. The box it came in was a little crushed (I photographed it before opening it, thank God). We'll see what happens, but looks like I'll have to look for another one someday. Sad Crying or Very sad

Maybe there's something better out there for me, eh? When all this is over, somebody sell me their Spectrum GT crackle or something. I need a crackle finish guitar. Laughing
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 2772
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

My "new" GTX 23!  WARNING: Sad story Empty Re: My "new" GTX 23! WARNING: Sad story

Post by hobster Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:48 pm

Sorry about that Chad, it really sucks when you open your package to find a damaged guitar. Happened to me once but the USPS actually gave me a full refund and i was able to make it work. I really like the crackle, looks super cool. Don't worry buddy, you'll get yours in due time. Very Happy
hobster
hobster

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

My "new" GTX 23!  WARNING: Sad story Empty Re: My "new" GTX 23! WARNING: Sad story

Post by Barry Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:01 pm

Sux! Mad
Is the cost of repairing not worth it to you Chad? (Assuming the seller would make amends.)

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8685
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:43 pm

My X390 came via UPS with the headstock snapped just about mid way. But the repair cost me $50, and I refinished it myself (it really needed a refinish anyway). But it sounds like your repairs are pretty easy to fix - I would try it myself today rather than have paid a few bucks but it was worth it.
The inlays were rising out of my X350 and they had to be replaced. I have not tried that repair myself, but depending on why they are rising will determine the cost of repair. In my case the fretboard had 'shrunk' so the inlays and frets were raised. That was a bit more pricey to repair as all frets and inlays were replaced.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:05 am

Sarc, bet you were po'd over your X390! But $50 is pretty good, actually.

After discussing the damage to the seller I did make him an offer, but he decided to have UPS pick it back up for a shipping claim. Hopefully this guitar comes back around to me after the UPS shipping claim is done.

Speaking of UPS, looks like this box was partially crushed on top AND I can see where the interior cardboard was poked through in 3 different places from the headstock smashing up against it. Like it was dropped on the headstock end at least three times. No wonder it was broken and split!

I wonder if THIS happened to the GTX 23...
UPS throwing package
FedEx unloading truck!
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:23 am

The Chad wrote:Sarc, bet you were po'd over your X390! But $50 is pretty good, actually.

After discussing the damage to the seller I did make him an offer, but he decided to have UPS pick it back up for a shipping claim. Hopefully this guitar comes back around to me after the UPS shipping claim is done.

Speaking of UPS, looks like this box was partially crushed on top AND I can see where the interior cardboard was poked through in 3 different places from the headstock smashing up against it. Like it was dropped on the headstock end at least three times. No wonder it was broken and split!

I wonder if THIS happened to the GTX 23...
UPS throwing package
FedEx unloading truck!

Since mine bad UPS experience I have asked all sellers to stamp fragile and Do Not stack on the box in multiple places. Now that doesn't mean anyone follows that, but all I have received since have been good.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Frenchy Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:54 am

Love the color.... Nice axe!

Very sorry to hear about the mishap....

I would fix it also... worth it for such a unique piece.
Frenchy
Frenchy

Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt. Vimes Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:17 pm

either that is one hell of a small guitar, or the biggest pussycat in the world 🐱 Shocked

sorry to see such a nice axe treated like that. pale
Sgt. Vimes
Sgt. Vimes
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 3322
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt. Vimes Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:19 pm

honestly, when I scrolled to your 2nd picture, I thought you had been duped and accidently bought a tiny guitar! scratch
Sgt. Vimes
Sgt. Vimes
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 3322
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by beavis Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:17 am

Sgt. Vimes wrote:honestly, when I scrolled to your 2nd picture, I thought you had been duped and accidently bought a tiny guitar! scratch

Hahah was thinking the same thing myself. That pic is really weird!
beavis
beavis

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2011-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:32 am

beavis wrote:
Sgt. Vimes wrote:honestly, when I scrolled to your 2nd picture, I thought you had been duped and accidently bought a tiny guitar! scratch

Hahah was thinking the same thing myself. That pic is really weird!

lol! That "tiny guitar" comment was great, made me laugh out loud! But seriously, he actually IS THAT BIG!

That's the reaction everyone has to our cats. cheers The pic makes him look a little bigger than he is, but honestly not by much! Look at the size of those paws beside the guitar.

His name is Sir Galahad and he is a sleek, gentle giant. Shocked Sadly he's pretty dim, bless him, I guess his brain is too small for his body. You should see my Wife hold him, it looks so funny because he's as big as her whole torso! Our 18lb. Maine Coon kitty Sir Lancelot isn't even close to being as big as Galahad. We own three and they're all real big. We walk them on leashes out back and joke about them being minature lions. Pray they don't turn on us...
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by beavis Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:10 am

Interesting!
Got knocked over by a cat when I was a kid, nicknamed it Catzilla after that. Now I'm thinking it might have escaped from Chad's place and might actually have been called King Arthur or something. Cool
beavis
beavis

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2011-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down