The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fishing Thread

4 posters

Go down

Fishing Thread Empty Fishing Thread

Post by hobster Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:40 am

Well, i finally landed a Steelhead after hooking a few and loosing 2 at the net (its hard to net these alone or with someone who can't net worth a s**t.) This has been my new obsession lately (sorry guitars) as i started early this winter and have put in about 50 - 60 hours on the river. Its close and some days i'm on the water at 6:15 and at work a few hours later. These fish are FIGHTERS and jump 3 feet high 3 or 4 times once hooked, it seems less than 50% hooked are landed. I tired this guy out till he was easy to net and land, had fresh Steelhead for dinner and smoked the rest, sooooo yummy!! My camera died on the river so i took this picture in my back yard. 26 inch buck (average) , thought i'd share with you guys as i don't belong to any fishing forums and you dudes is cool.

Fishing Thread STEEL0032

Last edited by hobster on Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
hobster
hobster

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Fishing Thread Empty Re: Fishing Thread

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:14 pm

Tis a nice one there. I fish all the time albeit a much different enivironment - Mosquito Lagoon, and Atlantic Ocean just south of Daytona. Usually done from my kayak. Nothing more fun than getting a 80 lb Tarpon to drag me around for a mile or so. Snook, Redfish and Sea Trout too - good stuff
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by mortarman120gang11c Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:22 pm

Nice catch ya got there. I am also a avid fisherman and spend most of my time around here catching large mouth bass and bluegill. I do get the occasional striper and white Bass also but that one looks like a fighter for certain.
mortarman120gang11c
mortarman120gang11c
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 740
Registration date : 2011-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by hobster Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:44 pm

OK guys, i'm not gonna post pictures every time i catch one, but i limited out yesterday before noon and had to share. Changed the thread to the Fishing thread so us fisherman can have a little fun with it. I hope you all post some pics and share stories.
Hey Sarc i lived in FL for 2 years and did some grouper and redfish fishing, it was a blast, i really liked the redfish! Fishing from a kayak is awesome, must be a blast to have a huge fish pull you around! I've fished for bass my whole life mortarman and still love it, but its mostly trout in the rivers around here. We have largemouth bass in the coastal lakes, and smallmouth in some rivers. Steelhead are like salmon as they spawn in the rivers and go out to the ocean for 2-3 years then come back again. They are strong fish, stronger and more streamlined than salmon yet not as big.

Fishing Thread Steeel002
hobster
hobster

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:59 pm

Aw man, some good ol' fresh fish! Ain't nothing like fresh fish baby!!! This area's got lots of Rainbow and Brown Trout and bass. Haven't fished in a while and this makes me wanna.

Frying 'em in butter is amazing.
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 2772
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by hobster Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:27 pm

Thanks Chad, you should go get em! It keeps me sane when there isn't work and i can't afford to buy guitars/ do projects. You are right, a little butter lemon and garlic and fresh fish is so good. Need nothin else!
hobster
hobster

Back to top Go down

Post by colt933 Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:03 am

sarcaster wrote:Tis a nice one there. I fish all the time albeit a much different enivironment - Mosquito Lagoon, and Atlantic Ocean just south of Daytona. Usually done from my kayak. Nothing more fun than getting a 80 lb Tarpon to drag me around for a mile or so. Snook, Redfish and Sea Trout too - good stuff

AWW MANNN!!! I'm dying to go to Mosquito Lagoon.

My friend has a house and a dock on the bay side of Cape San Blas and I spend a couple of weeks there per year - hunting reds and trout. Really, we fish from Panama City to Panacea and everywhere in between - Florida's forgotten coast.

I bought a flats boat in 2002 and got rid of the bass boat shortly afterward. I got hooked on saltwater fishing and hardly do freshwater any more - except for the late winter/early spring striper run here at home.

Can I come stay at your place and fish Mosquito Lagoon?
colt933
colt933

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down