The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Electra-Westone Spectrum LX bass... much different than the Westone model!

2 posters

Go down

electra - Electra-Westone Spectrum LX bass... much different than the Westone model! Empty Electra-Westone Spectrum LX bass... much different than the Westone model!

Post by Warrn Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:15 am

I've been eying LX basses since I've been playing my GT more than the rest of my collection, and I came across this strange model on eBay. It's obviously a Spectrum LX... a 1984(!) Spectrum LX. Both headstocks have the Electra-Westone label, and then it gets really weird when you see the pickups... a split single coil in the middle and a Jazz-style at the bridge! It also has the simple P-Bass bridge instead of a Magna Cast! The body certainly doesn't look tampered with, and you can even see the faint graphics stripe down the middle... either it's original or it was modded by an expert! Westone.info says the model first appeared in 1985, so what's going on here?
Warrn
Warrn

Number of posts : 1133
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

electra - Electra-Westone Spectrum LX bass... much different than the Westone model! Empty Re: Electra-Westone Spectrum LX bass... much different than the Westone model!

Post by corsair Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:52 pm

It's an Electra Phoenix X695 rather than a Spectrum LX is all!! Electra used the Westone name and the Spectrum body shape to increase market penetration back in the day; I have a Phoenix X195 which while comparable to a Thunder 3, mark III, I suspect the Westone would be higher spec'd.
It's nice though, that bass; there was a Spectrum LX with both necks on the 'bay not too long ago...
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

electra - Electra-Westone Spectrum LX bass... much different than the Westone model! Empty Re: Electra-Westone Spectrum LX bass... much different than the Westone model!

Post by Warrn Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:57 pm

There's actually a Spectrum LX on eBay right now, and the buy it now is actually cheaper on the Westone than the Electra. Unfortunately I don't have the money for either, but I was just amazed at how weird the Electra version looks... and seeing as it's an 84 model, why did the Westone version not show up til 85?
Warrn
Warrn

Number of posts : 1133
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down