The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home ground?

2 posters

Go down

Home ground? Empty Home ground?

Post by edjay Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:01 pm

Here's one or two from G******:

...and my favourite axe:

I'm sorry Edjay, but adverts for that particular website are not allowed, therefore I have had to remove your link. Please refer to the forum rules for a list of sites which are allowed to be mentioned here.

Thank you.

Pauline

Last edited by Pollyanna on Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Breach of forum rules)
edjay
edjay
Registered Member

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Home ground? Empty Re: Home ground?

Post by edjay Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:55 pm

Ok, so now I am confused?

Let me just check if I have this correct: The only place that the forum endorses for the sale or purchase of instruments is:

A: American.
B: Allowed to sell fake goods.
C: Allowed to sell stolen goods.

This is a concept beyond my reach?

Thank you for the offer of helping me with my photos Pollyanna, but I think I would like offer to sell my bass to the world, and not just to an extension of military impunity called ebay - Impunity basically means that they can't get done for anything and, if anyone tries, they won't lose out either.

Are you aware of the various court cases and general corporate skullduggery that surrounds ebay - The selling of stolen military equipment, nuclear equipment etc, etc? What would happen if my local hardware shop did that? Exactly! So, who is protecting ebay then? I'll give you a clue.......it's not me.

See you later.
edjay
edjay
Registered Member

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:30 am

Hello Edjay,

I see your point but I must also remind you that the main function of these forums is so that owners of Westone guitars can get together and discuss topics relating solely to that.

The eBay forum forms only a very minor part of the discussions here and if we were to allow discussions/adverts relating to the thousands of other advertising sites out there, the whole point of the forums would be lost.

I must make it clear to you that these forums do not endorse any type of illegal selling or activity whatsoever.

I understand your personal feelings towards eBay, however, these forums are not the the place to voice those opinions.

I have to agree that sadly, there are far too many unscrupulous people in the world who prey on unsuspecting victims through companies such as eBay. Unfortunately, it would be an impossible and monumental task for any company to completely eradicate these people from trading on the internet.

As you know, there are plenty of other advertising companies... my question there would be, are they not all targeted the same?

I wish you well and I hope that you soon find a reliable outlet to sell your guitar.

Pauline

Last edited by Pollyanna on Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typing error)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrn Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:11 pm

This just makes me want to know what website we're talking about and why exactly it isn't allowed.
Warrn
Warrn

Number of posts : 1133
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:21 am

Hi Kevin, Smile

We have a small list of sites, namely, the major ones which everyone is familiar with, (as stated in the forum rules) which can be linked to and that wasn't one of them. It's no great mystery and as I have already pointed out, if we start mentioning every single advertising site on the internet, we would then just become an advertising site ourselves and the whole point of the forums would be lost.

I hope this clarifies things for you.

Pauline
:flower: :queen:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down