The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

string claw and locking nut prices [b][u]CONFIRMED[/u][/b]

4 posters

Go down

string - string claw and locking nut prices [b][u]CONFIRMED[/u][/b] Empty string claw and locking nut prices [b][u]CONFIRMED[/u][/b]

Post by rebuild Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:54 pm

Okay guys and girls...I've got the prices on the string claws and locking nuts. Please keep in mind these parts are for the Westone models... Dimension IV, Dynasty, Spectrum LX, and guitars with those exact tremelos and locking nut assemblies. I think they are referred to as the FT Tremelos.

Locking nut will be around $80.00 (or less if I can get a good quantity made)
String claws are around $11.00 each (or a little less if I can order quantity)

Prices on the string claws are $1.50 less each than I paid for them last September. They will be made out of stainless steel (again), which is stronger than the material Matsumoku used originally. Also gives your string(s) a little bit better sustain due to the metal used. Not tons more, just a little.

As for the locking nut...I am having a prototype built. I will use it on one of my guitars first to see how it well it works because (AND THIS IS IMPORTANT), these locking nuts are going to be made out of stainless steel (less chance of stripping) and have what is hopefully a better design. They will fit in your existing original mounting holes...they will have the exact thickness of your original locking nut...but the guy is going to machine them in such a manner that they will no longer require 6 of those little string clamps that fall off the guitar and sometimes get lost...now it will only require 3.

So, please put the word out on these parts because the more we order...the less expensive they will cost. I was told the prototype locking nut should be ready by Friday 8-26-11. I will immediately put it on a Dynasty, and play Cult of Personality by Living Color about 50 times to see how stable the tuning holds up. Then I will let you all know on this Forum how it turns out, and I will also inform the builder if it worked or not. Thanks.
rebuild
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

string - string claw and locking nut prices [b][u]CONFIRMED[/u][/b] Empty Re: string claw and locking nut prices [b][u]CONFIRMED[/u][/b]

Post by The Chad Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:52 am

Great to hear, that isn't bad. I can't wait to see the finished product and hear how you like it!

Thanks again for the research and stepping out there.
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 2772
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

string - string claw and locking nut prices [b][u]CONFIRMED[/u][/b] Empty re: STRING CLAW AND LOCKING NUT PRICES [B][U]CONFIRMED[/U][/B]

Post by gittarasaurus Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:16 am

i will step right up to the bar here and say i'll take a set of 6 of those string claws, whenever you get ready to count numbers to get them made.

i agree w/ the chad, thanks for taking the initiative to get them made. Cool

gittarasaurus
gittarasaurus
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 1499
Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

string - string claw and locking nut prices [b][u]CONFIRMED[/u][/b] Empty Re: string claw and locking nut prices [b][u]CONFIRMED[/u][/b]

Post by rebuild Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:26 am

Alright gittarasaurus... your request for 6 string claws is noted. I will drop off a string claw at the machine shop within a couple of hours and start getting a batch of them made. Although this will probably take place after he finishes the locking nut (which I am anxious to check on today also). Feel free to post any questions. I will keep the entire Forum updated on the progress of these parts as soon as I return from the shop.
rebuild
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by hobster Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:32 pm

Looking forward to seeing the locking nut for sure. Like Chad said, we really appreciate when people go out of their way to replicate Westone parts! Very Happy
Our parts section is no longer, and we've had a couple of guys step up. It takes time and effort, thanks!
hobster
hobster

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

string - string claw and locking nut prices [b][u]CONFIRMED[/u][/b] Empty Locking Nut (no answer yet)

Post by rebuild Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:43 pm

Yup...went to the machine shop to drop off some string claws and check on the locking nut...and the guy wasn't even there. I'm starting to think maybe the machinist enjoys a little golf or fishing too much. He seems to be gone quite a bit. Also beginning to wonder if the locking nut is really going to be ready tomorrow (friday). As hobster said "getting replacement parts made takes time". I did manage to get the machinists cell phone # on my last trip. I called, left a message, and am waiting for a call back. I will keep you all posted. Going into town right now to get an inpuit jack for one of my Dimension IV's. It seems to have crapped out last night and re-soldering wasn't the cure. More later.
rebuild
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down