The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for a Pantera X350MA

5 posters

Go down

Pantera - Looking for a Pantera X350MA Empty Looking for a Pantera X350MA

Post by yourmailman Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:09 pm

Hello all,

I just joined and am looking for a Pantera X350MA. If anyone has one for sale, please let me know.

thanx,
yourmailman
yourmailman
yourmailman
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2011-06-14

Back to top Go down

Pantera - Looking for a Pantera X350MA Empty Re: Looking for a Pantera X350MA

Post by colt933 Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:16 am

yourmailman wrote:Hello all,

I just joined and am looking for a Pantera X350MA. If anyone has one for sale, please let me know.

thanx,
yourmailman

Join the club, dude!
colt933
colt933

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by fish Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:47 pm

yourmailman wrote:Hello all,

thanx,
yourmailman

Found us then, welcome, Colt's right, your in good company, there's no shortage of seekers & not enough X350MA's to go around.

Perhaps you should introduce your self & explain what happened to the one you had Twisted Evil
fish
fish

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2010-12-16

http://www.fisherrestoration.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by yourmailman Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:07 pm

Thnax guys, it's nice to find a place like this.

Here's my story, sad, but true ....

In 1987, my best mate and I went to get new guitars. We were the house band at a local club, and we were raking in the dough, so ... time to upgrade the equipment. A friend of ours had just opened a little music store and we went in to check out the inventory, with the intent of getting new strats. We instead discovered a new brand ... Westone!

My friend wound up with a Corsair II with the walnut finish, and I picked up a Pantera x275 in sunburst. I loved the fast action and the tone. About two weeks later, I got a call from the music store. It was basically "If you like the Pantera you got, you will love this new Pantera! Come check it out."

The next afternoon, I was the proud owner of an x350MA. It was buttery smooth, and had tone for days. I actually sold my 1977 strat (mistake, I know) thinking I would never want anything but the x350MA. I had the x275 refinished by a local luthier (shout out to Honest Ron!) so it would match the 350MA, and life was good.

Flash forward about 6 years. I was dating a girl who I did not know at the time was into coke, a pastime that she shared with her younger brother. One night in late August (1993), I came home from my gig at a piano bar and found my front door kicked in. All of my precious instruments were gone. My 1981 Rickenbacker MapleGlo 320, my 1970 Hofner 500/1, my Alverez 12 string, and both Panteras. Also gone were my first pressing Parlaphone Beatles LPs, My Tascam 688 Portastudio, My TV and VCR.

I filled out the police report, and checked all the local pawn shops hoping that they would turn up, but no joy. They were gone.

I replaced the Ric with a 1993 MapleGlo 320 with black hardware, but wasn't thrilled with it like I was the 1981 model. I actually sold it a few years later when I started working as a DJ in local clubs and wasn't playing any more. I replaced the Beatle bass with a 1965 500/2 (Club) bass that I have to this day. I eventually found a nice sunburst x275, a Corsair II, two more x275s in red, a plum colored Spectrum III, and a baby blue Corsair once owned by Trevor Rabin. I also picked up a prototype model of what was to become the Spectrum that is actually pretty awesome. But no x350MA.

Flash forward again to 2010. One of my hobbies was to search the web every few weeks for a replacement for my original Ric 320. One night in August, I chanced upon a 1981 model in MapleGlo at a music store in New York. I wanted it! About the same time, another friend sent me some old pictures he had dug up of me in 1982 playing my original Ric. My eyes grew wide in amazement as I started comparing it to the one in New York. It was MY long lost 320. I contacted them and the serial number matched. They were very nice and sold it to me for what they had in it, not nearly what it was worth.

I don't have any hopes of something like that happening wit the x350MA, but I would dearly love to find one. I started searching in earnest about a month ago and just happened upon this site last week.

... and that's the was it is.

A.J.

yourmailman
yourmailman
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2011-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by jim Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:56 pm

A.J. I feel for you and can relate to it someway. My first ever guitar a Westone Paduak II got stolen when they broke in to my humble home in the eighties.
A week later somebody who knew me and the 'strange guitar' saw somebody play one. Tried tracing it, since it was rare. Searching forever and it never showed up. And if one does http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b121024040 , price is skyhigh!!!
I guess one never really gets over a first love.
jim
jim

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2008-04-25

Back to top Go down

Pantera - Looking for a Pantera X350MA Empty I have one for sale in Indianapolis Pantera X350MA

Post by sean77wilson2011 Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:00 am

Pantera - Looking for a Pantera X350MA 12782076191326855645
sean77wilson2011
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2012-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down