The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1981 Thunder IIA - left handed - ebay UK

2 posters

Go down

thunder - 1981 Thunder IIA - left handed - ebay UK Empty 1981 Thunder IIA - left handed - ebay UK

Post by bowenjaybee Sun May 22, 2011 3:10 pm

Nice guitar....but the seller goes on a bit.... Sleep

Link
bowenjaybee

Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2010-02-22

Back to top Go down

thunder - 1981 Thunder IIA - left handed - ebay UK Empty Re: 1981 Thunder IIA - left handed - ebay UK

Post by Wtone22 Mon May 23, 2011 4:00 am

Hi,
I'm fairly new to Westones, and have been looking out for a nice Thunder II or III bass (earlier version). I was just wondering, looking at the photos of this guitar, is it unusual for Westone to use 2 pieces of ash for the 'wings' as seems to be the case on the right hand wing on this one?
Wtone22
Registered Member

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2011-05-19

Back to top Go down

thunder - 1981 Thunder IIA - left handed - ebay UK Empty Re: 1981 Thunder IIA - left handed - ebay UK

Post by bowenjaybee Mon May 23, 2011 5:32 am

I don't think it's unusual to have 2 piece wings. From the Thunder guitars I've seen it's very common. The wings on my Thunder Bass are 2 piece and on my Thunder guitar they are 1 piece, which look a lot nicer without the join. You would have thought on the higher end models like the Thunder IIA on ebay that Westone would have made the effort to use 1 piece, but obviously not.

2 Piece wings

thunder - 1981 Thunder IIA - left handed - ebay UK Bass10

1 Piece wings

thunder - 1981 Thunder IIA - left handed - ebay UK Guitar11

Last edited by bowenjaybee on Mon May 23, 2011 5:53 am; edited 1 time in total
bowenjaybee

Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2010-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Wtone22 Mon May 23, 2011 5:45 am

Those look really nice guitars. I agree, it looks a lot nicer with the one-piece wings, although the natural satin finish helps to disguise the join on the bass. It just looked a bit odd on a higher-end model such as the Thunder II.
Wtone22
Registered Member

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2011-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down