The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there any place in the world, that has spare's for are guitar's

+6
Steve777
rebuild
Barry
ace
corsair
crazyaxe50
10 posters

Go down

Is there any place in the world, that has spare's for are guitar's Empty Is there any place in the world, that has spare's for are guitar's

Post by crazyaxe50 Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:38 pm

Is there any info out there for replacement parts ???????web site's what was the company name, that made bridge's & trem & pickups, machine heads or tuners
crazyaxe50
crazyaxe50
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2010-12-30

Back to top Go down

Is there any place in the world, that has spare's for are guitar's Empty Re: Is there any place in the world, that has spare's for are guitar's

Post by corsair Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:09 am

Good god, man - do you want this to be easy?!?! Shocked Laughing

The short answer is no; Maxon who possibly did some of the pick-ups is still about, I think, though I'm not sure they can be of any help. As for the rest, well, most of it was done in-house and Matsumoku went tits-up in 1987, so tracking down any of the sub contractors would be a bloody nightmare!! The tapered knobs on Spectrums and others were Switchmaster items made specifically - as far as I can tell - for Westone as I have not seen a Vantage, APII or Electra with them.

However it's not all gloom and doom as the crew in here are finding more and more bits that will do the trick; witness the finding of replacement wang bars and wang bar collars for a BM bridge (thanks for that, Westbone!).... Smile
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Is there any place in the world, that has spare's for are guitar's Empty Re: Is there any place in the world, that has spare's for are guitar's

Post by ace Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:03 am

@crazyaxe50:

where did you find that awesome guitarstrap ?!?!
ace
Registered Member

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-08-31

Back to top Go down

Is there any place in the world, that has spare's for are guitar's Empty guitar strap

Post by crazyaxe50 Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:28 pm

that guitar strap was made in the 80's by a company called Earth III, I don't think there around any more? they maybe under another name? I bought a 1984 Kramer pacer w/case and that strap was in the case...
crazyaxe50
crazyaxe50
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Is there any place in the world, that has spare's for are guitar's Empty i wish i

Post by crazyaxe50 Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:32 pm

I wish I could read JAP! so I would know what it means? it probably read's death to all American's or Remember Hiroshima lol.....
crazyaxe50
crazyaxe50
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:46 pm

crazyaxe50 wrote:I wish I could read JAP! so I would know what it means? it probably read's death to all American's or Remember Hiroshima lol.....
Not at all funny. You're confusing the distant past with the current real terrorist threat.

As for the strap, I have the same one in black, that I bought with my '85 Spectrum ST.
Spectrum ST

Someone in the Mats forum I believe translated this for us. I can't locate the post ATM but you can do a search for it at matsumoku.org. It has something to do with exalting the guitar player to excel.

Last edited by Barry on Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8697
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Is there any place in the world, that has spare's for are guitar's Empty Replacement parts

Post by rebuild Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:04 am

Hi folks...I have been getting my westone replacement parts (for my Dimension IV's) made for me by a local machine shop. These parts are made out of stainless steel, therefore, they are not black, and they cost a pretty penny... but they will last a lifetime. I had 18 of the claw type string holders made for the tremelo unit of Dimension IV, Dynasty, etc. They are exact copies of the original components, but made from stronger metal. I believe the machine shop I am using could probably duplicate any guitar part that is still in good shape. If you need replacement parts for your westone... check with your local machine shop because as we know, westone parts are getting harder and harder to find.
rebuild
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve777 Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:39 am

Whereabouts are you Rebuild?
Steve777
Steve777

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Is there any place in the world, that has spare's for are guitar's Empty rebuild's whereabouts

Post by rebuild Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:26 am

Steve777... I live in salt lake city. Sorry to take so long to respond to your question.
rebuild
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by beavis Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:50 am

Those string holders are a real nuisance, once they're broken that is...
beavis
beavis

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2011-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:08 am

rebuild wrote:I have been getting my westone replacement parts made for me by a local machine shop. These parts are made out of stainless steel,

So they're machined rather than cast?! I'll bet paying for those hurt!! Very Happy Westbone has pointed out these...

http://www.banzaimusic.com/Kahler-9407-X.html

... which may be the answer to a maidens' prayer!!

Last edited by corsair on Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by Westbone Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:12 am

Was m-m-m (3m's) that found those. Thank goodness. Very Happy
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 5917
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://www.chruler.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by cnevins Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:02 am

I need one of those for my dynasty. Crap, the shipping will probably cost more than the actual part will!!!
cnevins
cnevins
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:09 pm

Yeah... sucks don't it!!! Sad
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by beavis Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:00 am

Cnevins, depending on where you live, we could maybe work something out for a grouped order and share the shipping costs. I need one of those string holders too...

(As long as we're sure the parts fit into the bendmaster bridges)
beavis
beavis

Back to top Go down

Post by cnevins Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:29 pm

I live in Michigan, east of Detroit. That works for me, beavis. I only need one, but if one works, I might want to just change them all so they're the same. What's the wisdom on that, particularly from the 'Mats' sages (John, Barry, Steve) or others? Those bits are small enough that whoever does the main order, could possibly ship to others in a regular envelope to save on shipping. Thoughts gents?

Last edited by cnevins on Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:32 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : wording)
cnevins
cnevins
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:03 pm

cnevins wrote: Those bits are small enough could possibly ship to others in a regular envelope ?

Yep, my feelings exactly, only not an envelope but a matchbox perhaps, just sent through the normal post; I'm having a friend in the US buy a couple - note there are two sizes!! - and send them over here in a small box. We need to find out just what the fit is like before we raise the roof on this but it is certainly looking promising!!
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by beavis Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:53 am

It's good Cnevins lives in the us of A actually, since international shipping can get expensive (thoug it means not getting the 19. I am very motivated by sharing the costs and dispatching via matchboxes/envelopes (might even be faster too).
My edit: Oh I just realized Banzaimusic are German. So one of us non-German Europeans should get the parts. VAT-wise, it might in fact be better to ship via Switzerland.

Corsair/John, when are you expecting the pieces? I gather it should be anytime soon? I am very much looking forward to the good news I am sure you will bring! bom
beavis
beavis

Back to top Go down

Post by cnevins Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:20 am

Yes, I agree we should wait for a guinea pig...(cough..sputter), err uhh...master mechanic to do a test run with 'em Smile We will be vigilantly waiting... Suspect
cnevins
cnevins
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:06 pm

...on it!! Laughing
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by m-m-m Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:47 pm

For non-europeans those parts are available from wammiworld.com

Oddly, when I got 'em in the mail (I bought 3) 2 of them were obviously heavier than 1 of them. The originals weigh roughly 2.3g. The 2 heavier new ones weighed just over 3g and the lighter one weighed about the same as the original. Probably a matter of different alloy used to cast, but not sure if this will have any functional impact. Waiting on some other parts before I put my Dynasty back together.

NOTE - I did have to slightly modify these .... needed to make them just bit narrower in parts ... but it's nothing that's a few small needle files can't take care of.
m-m-m
m-m-m
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2010-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by m-m-m Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:50 pm

corsair wrote:
cnevins wrote: Those bits are small enough could possibly ship to others in a regular envelope ?

Yep, my feelings exactly, only not an envelope but a matchbox perhaps, just sent through the normal post; I'm having a friend in the US buy a couple - note there are two sizes!! - and send them over here in a small box. We need to find out just what the fit is like before we raise the roof on this but it is certainly looking promising!!

Fit is pretty good ... once you take a file to them as I said in my last post. I didn't know it until recently, but I've had one of these on my dynasty the entire time I've owned it. They work fine.

Find the original thered here
m-m-m
m-m-m
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2010-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by beavis Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:11 pm

Wonderful news!!

Shipping with Banzai music is reasonable (8€) and the item itself is peanuts (minus the 19% VAT).
Looks like it's all ready to go then!
beavis
beavis

Back to top Go down

Post by cnevins Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:50 pm

Yo,

I have been out of the Westone loop for sometime now (getting trained for a new career path), but hopefully back for now. Okay cool! Thanks 'M' for the info. Gotta get my Dynasty screaming again. By the look of the frets she's been idle for too long. Also, after seeing Sarc's latest acquisition, I'm getting some unexpected GAS, sheesh!
cnevins
cnevins
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:51 am

I've just got in 3 of the Kahler string claws, and once you've whizzed a little of the sides with a file or a Dremel, they work a treat. You have to grind quite a bit off them as the claw itself will catch on the intonation screw springs on the top, and there's bugger-all clearance underneath; I used a Dremel with a sanding drum and it all worked out very well.
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down