The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

locking nut problem

2 posters

Go down

locking nut problem Empty locking nut problem

Post by mini_dunk2812 Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:17 am

HI. first post and thread on these forums. Bought a spectrum series II for £80 about 4 weeks ago. nice guitar good condition.

my problem: with the angled locking nuts when re-stringing the guitar the low E string keeps snapping at the top nut, is this because that top nut washer is old? Part of me thinks its because the angled shape reduces the surface area of washer on string putting more pressure on the string so im looking at changing it.

any help appreciated Smile

joe
mini_dunk2812

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

locking nut problem Empty Re: locking nut problem

Post by corsair Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:00 pm

G'day Joe - if your S.II is one of the Anniversary models, for example..

http://www.westone.info/xa1230.html

with a Bendmaster Deluxe trem and locking set up, I'd say you're probably missing the washer-shaped shim that fits under the string on the locking base, but without seeing your guitar and the headstock in some detail can't say for sure!

Post a couple of pix, brother, and we'll see if we can get to the bottom of this... Very Happy
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:51 pm

Hello Joe and Welcome! Smile

Yes, put some photos up and someone will probably be able to advise you as to what the problem is. In the meantime, you could always check out the spares section at Westone Info.
Spares

David sells all the locking nut parts that you might/might not need. It's always a good idea to get some in any case though, you never know when you might need them!

Pauline :flower: :queen:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down