The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rare Thunder IIIA

3 posters

Go down

Rare Thunder IIIA Empty Rare Thunder IIIA

Post by colt933 Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:05 pm

Thunder IIA

Sweet!

Why are most of the rare models always in Europe?
colt933
colt933

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Rare Thunder IIIA Empty Re: Rare Thunder IIIA

Post by Old Gregg Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:49 pm

It's God's way of compensating us Europeans for all of the fine vintage Fender, Gibson and MusicMan instruments that we can't get our hands on because the US sellers won't ship "outside of the 48 contig." (how I hate that phrase Rolling Eyes ).

Wink
Old Gregg
Old Gregg

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2008-04-19

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/littlesiteofcalm

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:26 pm

colt933 wrote:Why are most of the rare models always in Europe?

...while I agree to a point with Gregg - I can hardly afford Matts these days let alone the 'biggies"!! - on this, I can't help thinking that you fellas don't know you're bloody alive!! We see less than an eighth of what you guys see in Europe OR the US so we have to buy in from overseas at shipping costs that severely test marital relationships! Even the local vintage product - Jansen and Holden - are now going for ridiculous prices, and while the amplifiers from the locals were very good indeed - my stage gear consists of a Holden 100watt combo with 2xKT88s and 4xECC83s - , the Jansen guitars were Fender knock-offs and not very good to boot, and they now have an starting price of NZ$1000 - madness!!

It must be said that I have managed to get 3 of my meagre collection from within NZ - the X195 and Spectrum GT came from overseas and the Vantage I bought in Australia in 1980(ish) - and consider myself very lucky to have done so before auction prices went nuts! However, i missed an APII Knight Warrior due to a slight hesitation in hitting the BIN button and it was only NZ$200 so just sometimes you can still get a bargain...
corsair

Number of posts : 6321

Back to top Go down

Post by colt933 Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:02 am

corsair wrote:so we have to buy in from overseas at shipping costs that severely test marital relationships!

Laughing Laughing

Not all Matsumoku Westones go for high auction prices. A nice X-300CR went for $153 a few days ago.
colt933
colt933

Number of posts : 583

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:40 pm

yeah, true... and to send it over here would have cost as much again, eh!! Ordinary parcel post normally pretty much doubles the price and if you want it sent express, well, the skies the limit!! Sad
corsair

Number of posts : 6321

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:25 pm

Hey up chaps! Smile Smile

What's happening?
:?: I think that the world has suddenly gone 'Westone Crazy'! I've just checked out the Westones on eBay and almost every one that is listed has a ridiculously high starting price, bar the odd one or two! There is a Prestige listed at the moment and the starting price for that is £599! affraid

The prices now are getting so high that it has cured my GAS! (Oops, Pardon!
Embarassed) (Well, for the time being at least!) Laughing

I'm just glad that I got my guitars when I did and I don't think that I paid more than £100 for any one of them! Rolling Eyes

Pauline
:flower: :queen:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down