The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Westone Spectrum LX/Electra Westone: Same thing?

3 posters

Go down

spectrum - Westone Spectrum LX/Electra Westone: Same thing? Empty Westone Spectrum LX/Electra Westone: Same thing?

Post by Breidablik Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:43 pm

Since they look exactly the same, i assume they are twins. But maybe the pick-ups, or something else, is different?
Breidablik
Registered Member

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-03-22

Back to top Go down

spectrum - Westone Spectrum LX/Electra Westone: Same thing? Empty Re: Westone Spectrum LX/Electra Westone: Same thing?

Post by Warrn Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:51 pm

Same thing, different name. Simply a transition period thing. If it has the same model number, it is the same guitar.
Warrn
Warrn

Number of posts : 1133
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

spectrum - Westone Spectrum LX/Electra Westone: Same thing? Empty Re: Westone Spectrum LX/Electra Westone: Same thing?

Post by corsair Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:19 am

The model number for the LX is X198, a model number that does not apply to the Electra Phoenix range as there is no X198 model, which is a bolt neck version of the TOTL set neck FX/X199. There are major differences between the 2, primarily the bridge set-up; the Spectrum LX has a Bendmaster FT with behind-the-nut string lock and the Electra has a 2 point floating bridge with no stringlocks. I'm prepared to bet that the pick-ups are the same - poss. MMK45s - in each and I've got to say that my Electra X195 has a finish that is not anywhere near as nice as say, my Spectrum GT....
corsair

Number of posts : 6319
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrn Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:05 am

Is there a difference between Phoenixes and Spectrums with the same model number? I was under the impression that same model number meant same thing, as long as you were comparing the late Phoenixes and not the early ones.
Warrn
Warrn

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:27 am

With all due respect to Electra, I don't think the Phoenix was as nicely appointed as the Spectrum; every Spectrum I've handled has had a finish that is miles beyond my one and only Phoenix, and the bridge hardware makes me think that the Phoenix was built down a little; even the pointy Electras only have a strat-type trem, whereas the more outrageous Westones have the Bendmaster Deluxe.

I could well be wrong here and am making surmises from my own guitars; there are many out there with much more experience than I....
corsair

Number of posts : 6319
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrn Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:32 am

I know the finish on my (early model) Electra X640 seems fairly thin (apparently on purpose), but my friend's Phoenix X635 has the same finish and hardware quality as my Spectrum GT. Maybe the guitars were the ones less well appointed?
Warrn
Warrn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down