The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Westone Electra X199 saddle

+2
boutjp97
hobster
6 posters

Go down

saddle - Westone Electra X199 saddle Empty Westone Electra X199 saddle

Post by hobster Thu May 20, 2010 12:21 am

saddle - Westone Electra X199 saddle !BtZDCogEGk~$(KGrHqYH-DwEvq8Z1JuQBL7ygcOjmw~~_3

Hello fellow Westone lovers,

I recently purchased a Electra Westone X199 and it has the same saddles as the Fx above. It is misssing a saddle and i've looked all over and can't find one like the replacement saddle on the high e string above. If anyone knows where these are available i'd be a happy camper. I'll post pics soon, shes a beauty(and my 6th Westone). Thanks for any help!
hobster
hobster

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

saddle - Westone Electra X199 saddle Empty Re: Westone Electra X199 saddle

Post by boutjp97 Thu May 20, 2010 6:57 am

As far as I know there is no proper replacement available. You just have to watch the sale sites and local music stores and buy other (beat beyond repair) Westones for parts. Also the collar is missing that receives the trem arm...and also not able to find anywhere as far as I know but you may be able to fasion one from your local hardware store with a female - female hollow junction bolt, just remember to buy metric. You can also post in the wanted section on this forum but we are all pretty much in the same boat. Good luck.
boutjp97
boutjp97

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2008-05-16

https://www.facebook.com/jason.bouton

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Thu May 20, 2010 8:37 am

Oooh; top of the range Spectrum - yummy!! And it's got it's knobs!!! As bout says, we're all in the same boat pretty much as regards parts, and the FT seems to be a real orphan so good luck with it; I was lucky enough to pick up a complete Deluxe in NZ 2 years ago for bugger-all and am hoarding that sucker like you wouldn't believe!!! saddle - Westone Electra X199 saddle Icon_lol
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by hobster Thu May 20, 2010 10:38 am

Hey, thanks alot for such quick responses! This place is great and i'm looking forward to being a part of it. I knew there were other people out there as obsessed with Westones as i am. I'll keep my eye out for the saddle. Now i'm off to work.............
hobster
hobster

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Fri May 21, 2010 3:20 am

Obsession is such a mild term for what we suffer.... saddle - Westone Electra X199 saddle Icon_lol saddle - Westone Electra X199 saddle Icon_lol
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by silence86 Fri May 21, 2010 3:58 am

hi hobster,

nice guitar, are those finetuning screws replacements (just wondering why these look like new)? if they are, could you please tell us where you got them?

saddle - Westone Electra X199 saddle Smiley_emoticons_stars_kiss_ace05b
silence86
silence86

Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-11-13

http://first-daze.de

Back to top Go down

Post by hobster Fri May 21, 2010 10:33 pm

I think there was a bit of a misunderstanding. saddle - Westone Electra X199 saddle Icon_smile I actually got that picture from a guitar on ebay - it isn't mine. I just noticed the replacement saddle in the pic and thought i'd see if you guys knew were it was from. I need one for my X199 set neck Electra Westone from 1984 (the year before the FX came out). I actually have 2 - the red one and the blueburst. I also have an all black FX from 1985, 1984 Concord SX and 2 1987 anniversary spectrums. I love them all dearly - my wife hates me!
By the way silence, the fine tuners on my FX look new like those and are original, maybe they are just polished.
hobster
hobster

Back to top Go down

Post by hobster Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:32 pm

saddle - Westone Electra X199 saddle %3Ca%20href=</A>" saddle - Westone Electra X199 saddle 009-1

Well her she is, my x199 with the missing saddle. I couldn't be any happier with this beautiful guitar except, oh yeah, it doesn't have an e string saddle - Westone Electra X199 saddle Icon_mad

I'm sure i'll find one eventually, so no worries. Best pawn shop score for me yet! She's real clean, do dings, only a few surface scratches. Plays and sounds amazing. Even came with OHSC and the original whammy bar (forgot to put it on for pics). I don't believe the knobs are original though, didn't all of these have the black tapered knobs?

This is also the first time i'm posting pics, so i hope it works ok.

er="0" />saddle - Westone Electra X199 saddle %3Ca%20href=saddle - Westone Electra X199 saddle 006</A>" border="0" />saddle - Westone Electra X199 saddle %3Ca%20href=saddle - Westone Electra X199 saddle 005</A>"
border="0>saddle - Westone Electra X199 saddle %3Ca%20href=saddle - Westone Electra X199 saddle 004</A>

And finally the missing saddle saddle - Westone Electra X199 saddle Icon_cry

saddle - Westone Electra X199 saddle 008[/img]
hobster
hobster

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrn Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:06 pm

An Electra Westone may or may not have the tapered Switchmaster knobs, as many of them got the leftover notched speedknobs from the late Electra Phoenix models. Regardless, yours has smooth knobs, so unless someone knows something I don't, they are not original.
Warrn
Warrn

Number of posts : 1133
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:46 am

Yep; the young 'uns right on again... notched speed knobs for these - the Switchmaster knobs were peculiar to Westone - and may I say I like it.... a lot!! I tried bartering in a second hand shop for an FX in Rotorua, NZ last year but it wasn't a happening thing, more's the shame!! The LX I have arriving today has the Bendmaster FT with a busted string retainer so I shall hie me forth to a gunsmith to have him make a couple for me. Maybe that is an option for your saddle, too??
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrn Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:15 am

On a side note, the poles in that bridge pickup look quite a bit off.
Warrn
Warrn

Number of posts : 1133
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by hobster Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:10 pm

They look off on the low E and A for sure. I still need to clean her up and do a setup. Perhaps i can adjust the saddles to line up the strings a bit better on the poles?
hobster
hobster

Back to top Go down

Post by umpdv5000 Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:02 am

Hi Guys, when I was reading this topic it was ringing bells on me. I picked up a guitar called a Marlin Loner a couple of years ago that some of the bridge parts were broken around the springs and block area. I looked extensively to find a replacement bridge at the time and eventually bought a Floyd copy off ebay (which too was broken but fixable) which I have not come around to fitting yet as it will take a bit of major surgery. Ideally it would be nice to find the identical replacement bridge, but if you look at the photo's below, you must see the similarities to yours. Do you think they are clones? Unfortunately these saddle of mine where not black like yours.

Martin.

saddle - Westone Electra X199 saddle Marlin10

saddle - Westone Electra X199 saddle Marlin11
umpdv5000
umpdv5000

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by umpdv5000 Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:06 am

I notice that the guitar and bridge that you show in your original posting is different from the one you have posted a number of pictures of further down the page? Do you have two with missing saddles?
umpdv5000
umpdv5000

Back to top Go down

Post by hobster Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:45 pm

No, i just used that picture as an example because of the replacement saddle. I wonder where he got that? Luckily the ones on my FX are all in place saddle - Westone Electra X199 saddle Icon_smile

By the way, that looks like an all original FT bridge to me.
hobster
hobster

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:50 pm

hobster wrote:By the way, that looks like an all original FT bridge to me.

Yeah, me too! Does it have the funny wee string claws that the FT has? (Mine hasn't arrived yet!!)
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by umpdv5000 Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:22 pm

Funny wee string claws? Sorry guys I don't understand as I haven't knowingly experienced one of these FT bridges, can you explain?

PS,
I just looked at that picture on the original post and I assume that you mean the little claws that the string nipples hook under, Yes? Well mine has a rather crap cast block that screws to it like a Fender, which the strings thread through from the underside. It's that bit that's broken on mine. All in all, it is a pretty poorly made cheap fitting that may have performed ok when it was new, but just couldn't take the strain of its past user.
umpdv5000
umpdv5000

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:02 pm

corsair wrote:
hobster wrote:By the way, that looks like an all original FT bridge to me.

Yeah, me too! Does it have the funny wee string claws that the FT has? (Mine hasn't arrived yet!!)

But it's not; we know that now... it's the same as the one I've just dismantled off a Hohner superstrat!!
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down