The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It says Pantera on the back and Alvarez on the front?

3 posters

Go down

Pantera - It says Pantera on the back and Alvarez on the front? Empty It says Pantera on the back and Alvarez on the front?

Post by Tim Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:12 pm

Hello all. I am in need of some info. I have a white, 4 string bass guitar. There is a sticker on the back of the headstock that says "Pantera Bass AEBP1WH" I have looked it up online and all I have found is that Pantera was made by Westone but I guess were bought out by Alvarez. I have had this guitar for 13 years and know nothing about it except it was owned by a jazz bass player from Canton, Ohio. Any info would be great. I am looking to sell it and have no idea what it is worth. It has traveled with me all these years and it means alot to me.....so i guess this forum is the right place to come to pass it on. Thanks

Last edited by Tim on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding pics)
Tim
Registered Member

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-04-05

Back to top Go down

Pantera - It says Pantera on the back and Alvarez on the front? Empty Re: It says Pantera on the back and Alvarez on the front?

Post by caucajun Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:21 pm

pictures por favor! Pantera - It says Pantera on the back and Alvarez on the front? Icon_bounce

Pantera - It says Pantera on the back and Alvarez on the front? Icon_biggrin
caucajun
caucajun

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Pantera - It says Pantera on the back and Alvarez on the front? Empty pic 1

Post by Tim Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:52 pm

[img]http://forum.westoneguitars.net/Pantera - It says Pantera on the back and Alvarez on the front? Bass_112[/img]
Tim
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Pantera - It says Pantera on the back and Alvarez on the front? Empty pic 2

Post by Tim Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:53 pm

[img]http://forum.westoneguitars.net/Pantera - It says Pantera on the back and Alvarez on the front? Bass_211[/img]
Tim
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Pantera - It says Pantera on the back and Alvarez on the front? Empty pic 3

Post by Tim Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:55 pm

[img]http://forum.westoneguitars.net/Pantera - It says Pantera on the back and Alvarez on the front? Bass_311[/img]
Tim
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Pantera - It says Pantera on the back and Alvarez on the front? Empty Re: It says Pantera on the back and Alvarez on the front?

Post by Warrn Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:18 pm

Wow, that's a rare instrument you've got. Absolutely beautiful. Unfortunately, values for such an instrument are essentially unknown. Alvarez is not known for electrics, and Westones are very obscure. Your best bet would be to look up what Westone Pantera basses usually go for and factor in that yours is much less common, in great condition, and has a hard case. We really can't begin to say what you might get for it; it all depends on what people are willing to pay.

That said, I wish I could take it, but my pockets aren't deep and I don't know what you'd want. You might want to hold on to it; if it means a lot to you, you likely won't get what it's worth to you.

If you want more information on it, I would suggest you send a PM to tpresley. Tom Presley is the one behind most Westone designs, and the Pantera is certainly a Westone design. He might be able to tell you about it.

Good luck, and thinks for the pictures.
Warrn
Warrn

Number of posts : 1133
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Pantera - It says Pantera on the back and Alvarez on the front? Empty WOW!

Post by Tim Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:16 pm

WOW! He told me it was VERY rare. There are less than 60 of these in the world! Im not sure if I should part with it or not now.
Tim
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrn Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:21 pm

That doesn't surprise me in the slightest. I would say to keep it, and if you do sell it, only sell it to someone you trust to take care of it. Additionally, share your stories of it with us! We'd love to know what makes it so very special to you. Pantera - It says Pantera on the back and Alvarez on the front? Icon_smile
Warrn
Warrn

Number of posts : 1133
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down