The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pantera 5 String Bass (in Germany - collect only)

2 posters

Go down

string - Pantera 5 String Bass (in Germany - collect only) Empty Pantera 5 String Bass (in Germany - collect only)

Post by Old Gregg Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:49 am

I know that this auction won't work for most people here (if any), as the seller isn't offering to deliver (but may change his/her mind, when he/she gets no bids Laughing Laughing ).

Anyway, it's pretty rare to see a 5 string Westone bass for sale anywhere, so I thought that I'd post it for you to have a look at.

Link ...

According to the listing, the bass has an electronics fault (possibly one of the pickups) and also, the seller admits to respraying the bass from it's original, white colour, to what they describe as "green" (although it looks blue to me Neutral ).

Can't see it fetching much myself, but we'll see Wink .
Old Gregg
Old Gregg

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2008-04-19

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/littlesiteofcalm

Back to top Go down

string - Pantera 5 String Bass (in Germany - collect only) Empty Re: Pantera 5 String Bass (in Germany - collect only)

Post by hummel Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:52 am

couldn't resist this one...and got rid of 2 e-bay snipers who were after it as well!
I really like the curved shape of the Pantera's body and any 5-string Westone is rare. This one is way more sexy than a Spectrum 5-string...
Convinced the guy that he could unscrew the neck and mail it to me well-packed as a small parcel. So this will be my first restoring project I guess!
hummel
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

string - Pantera 5 String Bass (in Germany - collect only) Empty Re: Pantera 5 String Bass (in Germany - collect only)

Post by Guest Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:19 pm

Hello Hummel and well done! cheers

When it arrives, you must let us all see it by putting some pictures up in the 'Members Westone' forum.

Pauline
:flower: :queen:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Gregg Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:28 pm

Well done Hummel Very Happy !

Should be a fun project to restore that one. All the basic parts are there, so it's just a matter of tidying up and fixing.

Can't wait to see the results. Will you be re-spraying it, too? If so, what colour?

Old Gregg
Old Gregg
Old Gregg

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2008-04-19

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/littlesiteofcalm

Back to top Go down

Post by hummel Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:06 pm

Hi there,
The neck is still untouched & satin black, only the body was resprayed, probably with an aerosol can... I might try to get rid of this layer with a solvent and see how bad the original finish is.
The Pantera's body is maple/maple so the grain could be interesting enough to look if a semi-transparant finish is possible. I like the finish on the superheadless which is transparant/bright red with the black stripe. If the body has to come clean, a natural satin/polyacrylic might be an option as well, or even an oil/wax finish.
I'll try to keep you posted!
hummel
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down