The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

REPLY TO TOM (THE ORIGINAL POST PERSON)

+3
boutjp97
silence86
umpdv5000
7 posters

Go down

rail - REPLY TO TOM (THE ORIGINAL POST PERSON) Empty REPLY TO TOM (THE ORIGINAL POST PERSON)

Post by umpdv5000 Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:12 am

Hello Tom,

I have only just looked into this forum and I very pleased to have done so. The story that you have told so far is priceless history that should placed along with other memoirs that you may in a book or somewhere on the net where it can be seen as part of guitar heritage. I have never owned a Westone guitar but I have had a hold of a Thunder II bass once and was impressed with it. A friend of mine had a Kasuga Les Paul (a make which you mentioned) back in the 70's which was also impressive for a copy. I salute guys like you Tom as well as your long since Japanese colleagues and would like to thank you for your contribution to what we have today (even though it has turned into mountains of cheap softwood guitars from the far east). I see by the replies that you have had so far that you have a captive audience for your tales and I am sure that they would be waiting with baited breath for anything that you would care to post.

Thank you again,

Martin.

Last edited by umpdv5000 on Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistake)
umpdv5000
umpdv5000

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

rail - REPLY TO TOM (THE ORIGINAL POST PERSON) Empty Re: REPLY TO TOM (THE ORIGINAL POST PERSON)

Post by Guest Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:34 pm

Hello Martin and Welcome to the family! rail - REPLY TO TOM (THE ORIGINAL POST PERSON) Icon_smile

I haven't been around here for a few weeks but it is nice to see you here from the 'other' little group that I am a member of... yes that's me!
rail - REPLY TO TOM (THE ORIGINAL POST PERSON) Icon_wink

I have to agree with you wholeheartedly, we are indeed honoured to have Tom here and the information he has given is invaluable beyond belief!

Nice to see you and I'm sure it won't be too long before you become the proud owner of at least one Westone guitar!
rail - REPLY TO TOM (THE ORIGINAL POST PERSON) Icon_lol

Polly
rail - REPLY TO TOM (THE ORIGINAL POST PERSON) Icon_queen rail - REPLY TO TOM (THE ORIGINAL POST PERSON) Icon_flower
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

rail - REPLY TO TOM (THE ORIGINAL POST PERSON) Empty Re: REPLY TO TOM (THE ORIGINAL POST PERSON)

Post by umpdv5000 Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:31 am

Hi Polly,

I will most certainly reel a Westone in if I can catch one at the right price, the only problem will be convincing the wife to let me keep it with so many other guitars. I always get the - "How many can you play at once!" remark.
umpdv5000
umpdv5000

Back to top Go down

Post by silence86 Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:50 am

...have you already thought about giving your wife a nice guitar (means an Uncle Matt rail - REPLY TO TOM (THE ORIGINAL POST PERSON) Icon_wink ) as a present? perhaps she's just a little bit jealous of your guitars rail - REPLY TO TOM (THE ORIGINAL POST PERSON) Icon_wink ...only an idea, but might work.
silence86
silence86

Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-11-13

http://first-daze.de

Back to top Go down

Post by boutjp97 Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:26 am

How many can you play at once? Sounds like a challenge! I believe William Wallace once said "they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR WESTONES!" or something to that effect.
boutjp97
boutjp97

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2008-05-16

https://www.facebook.com/jason.bouton

Back to top Go down

Post by silence86 Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:34 am

hehe, good old zero wing^^
silence86
silence86

Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-11-13

http://first-daze.de

Back to top Go down

Post by umpdv5000 Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:40 pm

Offering the wife a guitar as a present would be something that she would love... it would go straight on eBay for sale, as that's what she does, sells things on eBay as a business. She sees all items as potential sales objects without any sentiments. I on the other hand am a professional guitar repair / luthier / tutor / performer and my sentiments for guitars and bass' run a little over 35 years. I do sell guitars that I bought and renovated but not on a grand scale like a shop would do. Occasionally I pick up the odd guitar that really gives me a buzz, usually for its construction and wood qualities and when I do find these little rarities, I find myself making excuses to the wife why I can't sell them, which allows me to hang on to them of course. I am hoping to come across a good one of these here Westones that is need of my care and attention. After looking at the different models on the sites, I have hopes of finding a Prestige or a Thunder II or III as the speck looks like the sort of thing that would turn on that buzz again (and the excuses to the wife).
umpdv5000
umpdv5000

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:50 pm

boutjp97 wrote:How many can you play at once? Sounds like a challenge! I believe William Wallace once said "they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR WESTONES!" or something to that effect.
Geez, you'd have to have a Brave Heart to say that to my wife! Wouldn't live to see morning. rail - REPLY TO TOM (THE ORIGINAL POST PERSON) Icon_eek

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8724
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by boutjp97 Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:51 pm

LOL! Barry I didn't say I would say that to my wife. I wish to remain married. I was suggesting Martin may say that to his wife. I do give very bad advice, it's what I do. Now I have to go clean the house, fold the laundry, start dinner and rub my wife's feet. But Martin yeah, YOU should stand up to YOUR wife...
boutjp97
boutjp97

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2008-05-16

https://www.facebook.com/jason.bouton

Back to top Go down

rail - REPLY TO TOM (THE ORIGINAL POST PERSON) Empty How to change strings on the Rail?

Post by pfbacon Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:58 pm

I need instruction on how to change the strings on my rail bass.
Also, I need instructions on how to post to this forum - I cannot find the button.

Thanks for helping a newcomer!

pfbacon pfbacon@gmail.com
pfbacon
Registered Member

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by caucajun Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:33 am

off topic, i know....but it has to be said......."ahem"......."Bacon is my favorite vegetable."..........there.... i said it.
caucajun
caucajun

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

rail - REPLY TO TOM (THE ORIGINAL POST PERSON) Empty Bacon

Post by pfbacon Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:07 pm

You're so funny -- I haven't heard that one before.
Most people ask me if I'm related to Kevin.

Love my Westone Rail - it gets lots of comments from people who think it looks cool (I agree).

I'm recording with it lately and I need to change the round wounds to flat wounds which I should have done long ago anyway.
Elixir gave me some flats to try.

pfbacon
pfbacon
Registered Member

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:40 pm

You should like 'em to play on; they're fast fast fast with a less rotund sound than round or groundwound strings; let's know what you think of 'em, eh!

Now, we do need to see you and your Rail...... in action.... rail - REPLY TO TOM (THE ORIGINAL POST PERSON) Icon_biggrin
corsair

Number of posts : 6329
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down