The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrash guitarist looking for his old Westone Spectrum

+7
SunDog
boutjp97
silence86
Barry
corsair
Warrn
ThrashmanfromVirus
11 posters

Go down

Thrash guitarist looking for his old Westone Spectrum Empty Thrash guitarist looking for his old Westone Spectrum

Post by ThrashmanfromVirus Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:43 am

Thrash guitarist looking for his old Westone Spectrum %3Ca%20href=Thrash guitarist looking for his old Westone Spectrum 211750327_6ec10fcc32" border="0" /> I'm looking for this guitar or one of the same model.. This me playing in Cardiff at the Ritzy in 1988 in my Thrash metal band "VIRUS" from the UK, with my Westone Spectrum, can't remember if its a limited edition or not, but as ive ressurected the band again for our 20th anniversary i would like to get my hands on one. If anyone can even tell me the model i will be eternally grateful!!!

Cheers
Coke McFinlay
ThrashmanfromVirus
Registered Member

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-01-22

Back to top Go down

Thrash guitarist looking for his old Westone Spectrum Empty Re: Thrash guitarist looking for his old Westone Spectrum

Post by Warrn Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:34 am

That's actually a Westone Dimension IV, not a Spectrum. To my knowledge there were no limited editions, just color choices, and most of the one's I've seen are black. There's also white with a red lightning bolt graphic, or red with a matching red fretboard.
Warrn
Warrn

Number of posts : 1133
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Thrash guitarist looking for his old Westone Spectrum Empty thx for clearing that up

Post by ThrashmanfromVirus Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:07 am

Hi there, sorry for being a bit ignorant about that, but time & too many drugs have clouded my memory.. what i do know is there weren't many of them made so its gonna be hard to track one down that is in good nick!!!had a look on Ebay but nothing so far but thx again for your info & help:)

Coke
ThrashmanfromVirus
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Thrash guitarist looking for his old Westone Spectrum Empty Re: Thrash guitarist looking for his old Westone Spectrum

Post by corsair Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:09 am

Hi there, fella - good pic;nice to see the gear being used!! Thrash guitarist looking for his old Westone Spectrum Icon_biggrin Dim 4's aren't that uncommon and pop up on Ebay and CL reasonably regularly; just keep watching,eh!!
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:28 am

Hi coke. Thanks for the picture.
We have seen a few "pointy" guitars lately, including this one, in Canada & the US on eBay and Kijiji. I have a feeling that Westones generally speaking are a bit easier to find on this side of the big water. By contrast it's harder to find other models of Matsumoku made guitars here which are available in Europe.

As Corsair says, keep checking eBay (internationally too), also keep checking the "For Sale" forum here. Many of us regularly scan the ads and post links to items of interest. If we know a member is looking for something specific we can keep an extra eye out for you.

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8689
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Thrash guitarist looking for his old Westone Spectrum Empty cheers mate;)

Post by ThrashmanfromVirus Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:16 pm

Thx very much Barry for your info & your kind words man!!! I do miss that guitar!!!!! I will constantly check Ebay now & will check the "for sale forum" on here.
I'm sure one of these spikey beauties will pop up somewhere, sometime.....thrashhhhh on dude!!!! Thrash guitarist looking for his old Westone Spectrum Icon_cheers

Last edited by ThrashmanfromVirus on Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
ThrashmanfromVirus
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ThrashmanfromVirus Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:20 pm

Thx for your kind words Corsair!!! we used to have a huge stack of Marshalls back then...& that was a bloody good tour too!!! I'm very glad to hear that the Dim's aren't that uncommon & i'm sure there's one out there with my name on it!!!! cheers for that bud!!!! Thrash guitarist looking for his old Westone Spectrum Icon_biggrin
ThrashmanfromVirus
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrn Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:17 am

Dim's definitely aren't uncommon over here in the US, I'm sure one of us will spot one soon! I'm got a Dim IV bass myself. Hotter than anything with actives for sure!
Warrn
Warrn

Back to top Go down

Post by ThrashmanfromVirus Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:21 am

thx warm, keep yer eyes peeled for me buddy;)
ThrashmanfromVirus
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by silence86 Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:05 am

just wanted to let you know that a black dim 4 popped up on ebay (ireland):

link
silence86
silence86

Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-11-13

http://first-daze.de

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrn Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:57 am

Looks to be in great shape, too! Thrash guitarist looking for his old Westone Spectrum Icon_smile
Warrn
Warrn

Back to top Go down

Post by boutjp97 Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:25 am

Does look to be in great shape, a little creative picture taking though. Ask for close-ups of the horn ends and the back, hard to get a good pic on black but all of us who own the pointy guitars know that the horns get banged up over the years and buckle rash is ever present on old guitars. Also did you notice that the center p/u is a humbucker? Thrash guitarist looking for his old Westone Spectrum Bljytr10 All in all looks like a good buy to me.
boutjp97
boutjp97

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2008-05-16

https://www.facebook.com/jason.bouton

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:28 am

He also says that it needs two new saddles - if it does that will probably mean a new trem, I don't know of any suitable replacement saddles for the Bendmaster FT
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SunDog Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:21 pm

Thorn wrote:He also says that it needs two new saddles - if it does that will probably mean a new trem, I don't know of any suitable replacement saddles for the Bendmaster FT

Just curious - have you beat the bushes on the replacement saddles? I was thinking that you could probably find something close - and then replace all six if you want a uniform look - but I have not yet done the leg work.

Sorry for the slight thread hijack.
SunDog
SunDog
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2010-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:40 pm

I've looked at a lot of suppliers and haven't found anything close to the originals. I suspect the seller doesn't actually mean saddles (since they all seem to be there in the pictures - though it looks as if the fine tuners screws are missing) and the parts that need replaced are the claw shaped bit the ball end of the string fits in. They would be harder to replace, probably impossible at least with off the shelf parts from other manufacturers
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by silence86 Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:49 pm

did we ever answer the question if a bendmaster ft can be replaced by a bendmaster deluxe?
silence86
silence86

Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-11-13

http://first-daze.de

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:50 pm

There's been a bit of talk about the FT over the years, and generally the feeling is that you'd have to buy a complete guitar just for the bridge; bits are that rare. I suppose there would be an aftermarket locking bridge that'll fit closely enough - colt knows much more about this than me...
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by grogg Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:43 pm

I thought you were moving to the Isle of Wight or Portsmouth or something. Now youre in Oz?
Greatest rugby tournament of all starts Sat, cmon Wales!!!
grogg
grogg
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 1094
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:30 pm

Nah, mate - Jersey! Just a wee stopover in Oz so the good lady can earn pots of dosh.... we'll be in Jersey mid-March.

What's this "rugby" of which you speak?! Thrash guitarist looking for his old Westone Spectrum Icon_cool Thrash guitarist looking for his old Westone Spectrum Icon_lol
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by Westbone Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:48 pm

30---17
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 5917
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://www.chruler.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by grogg Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:56 pm

First in 4 years
grogg
grogg
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by grogg Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:03 pm

12-17 just.
And what a finish in Cardiff. Thrash guitarist looking for his old Westone Spectrum Icon_razz
grogg
grogg
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Thrash guitarist looking for his old Westone Spectrum Empty Haha.. great photo!

Post by richard_senior Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:40 pm

Oh that's just distilled 1980's! Great photo.
richard_senior
Registered Member

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by THEBARRON Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:25 am

Thrash guitarist looking for his old Westone Spectrum !Br,6nFQ!2k~$(KGrHqEH-CMEvDSFqPr+BLzkwoBH)g~~_35 G`Day Mate, this may be right up your alley, check out e-bay in the U.S running @ $54.00 (u.s) @ the moment.
Is advertised as WESTONE DIMENSION IV PROJECT. (dunno, looks close to the one you had on your pic), good luck & hope this helps.
Cheers,
Richie from Down under , Thrash guitarist looking for his old Westone Spectrum Icon_biggrin .
THEBARRON
THEBARRON
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2010-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down