The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trem unit on a Dynasty ?

2 posters

Go down

Trem unit on a Dynasty ? Empty Trem unit on a Dynasty ?

Post by Martyn Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:41 am

Hello. New member here , and I just picked up a Dynasty in a trade for an RG. I couldn't find too much info on this guitar , so I'm hoping someone here can give me some , regarding the trems associated with this model. Currently , there is a Bendmaster Delux installed on it , however I've noticed that it doesn't fit right. The body routs don't line up with it , and the trem won't line up straight when the whammybar insert is installed , because there isn't enough space in the body rout. Does anyone know what particular trem is used on these Dynasties ?? If I find the right one , I'll have a Bendmaster Delux available.
Thanks
Martyn

I have pics , but I don't know how to upload them here.
Martyn
Registered Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-01-04

Back to top Go down

Trem unit on a Dynasty ? Empty Dynasty Trem

Post by Martyn Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:02 am

Hmmmmm I think I found the answer .. A " Bendmaster FT " ? rather than a Deluxe ? Anyone wanna trade ? lol This is my first Westone , and it still plays nice ..even with the wrong Trem unit. Trem unit on a Dynasty ? Icon_razz This thing doesn't have the locking nut on it but the previous owner gave me one in a bag .. more work .. Trem unit on a Dynasty ? Icon_cyclops
Martyn
Martyn
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Trem unit on a Dynasty ? Empty Re: Trem unit on a Dynasty ?

Post by corsair Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:24 am

Good luck with the hunt, Martyn - I don't think I've ever seen an FT for sale or trade anywhere!! As a worst case scenario, a good luthier would be able to sort out the routing if you don't feel up to it - I'm sure one of the guts wih an FT onboard would take measurements and photos for you...

Welcome here, man - now let's have a look at this thing, please!! Trem unit on a Dynasty ? Icon_lol
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Trem unit on a Dynasty ? Empty Dynasty Trem

Post by Martyn Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:46 pm

Thanks Corsair. I'd like to upload some pics , but I can't figure it out . lol As far as re-routing to retrofit the Bendmaster Deluxe , I'll hang in and see if someone on Ebay might be selling one. I'd like to keep the guitar as original as possible. I've been looking around , and apparently , by the looks of some of the pics , "some" of the Dynastys came with a locking nut , and some didn't. I've looked at the headstock and there are definitely screw holes located where a "locker" would be located , so I'll work on that , and wait for an FT to miraculously materialize lol.
Thanks again Trem unit on a Dynasty ? Icon_smile
Martyn
Martyn
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Trem unit on a Dynasty ? Empty Re: Trem unit on a Dynasty ?

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down