The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thunder II bass pick up replacement

Go down

pick - Thunder II bass pick up replacement Empty Thunder II bass pick up replacement

Post by Catfish Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:09 am

Hi, first of all let me introduce myself. I'm Catfish, bassist with the Chitlin Crew (blues band in the Netherlands). I have a few Matsumoku guitars / basses including a Spectrum 2 bass, and my pride and joy - my Thunder II bass with xlr socket. I have bought two Seymour Duncan quarter pound pups to fit in my Thunder II but discovered that they have two wires whereas the original pups are 4 wire. Can I fit them using the wiring diagram from the Westone site but just using the black and white wires? I don't mind if I lose the coil split function (never use it anyway) although I'd like to keep the phase switch and pick up select functions if possible. Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks!

Greetings from Catfish
Catfish
Catfish
Registered Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-12-06

Back to top Go down

pick - Thunder II bass pick up replacement Empty Re: Thunder II bass pick up replacement

Post by Catfish Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:44 pm

No need to reply, problem has been solved. My chums in the guitar shop are going to add a couple of wires to the new pups and then my Thunder will have all its functions - can't wait to try it!
Catfish
Catfish
Registered Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-12-06

Back to top Go down