The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

westone locking nut parts

2 posters

Go down

parts - westone locking nut parts Empty westone locking nut parts

Post by mike5150 Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:48 pm

I can not believe I just found the parts I've been looking for almost exactly one month after they shut the store down. I need the triangular and rectangular locks and screws for the locking nut on a westone dynasty. They did have them before the store was shut down. Can someone tell me if the parts are availiable elsewhere please. I just want to restore my old guitar to how it used to be:) I would appreciate any help........thanks in advance, Mike
mike5150
Registered Member

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

parts - westone locking nut parts Empty Re: westone locking nut parts

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:00 pm

Hi Mike and Welcome! Very Happy

Sorry mate, as you have already discovered, the spares section closed down last month. The only thing that I could suggest is that you keep a look out on eBay, sometimes these parts do come up now and again.

Good luck with your quest!
cheers

Pauline
:flower: :queen:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:28 pm

...and be aware that along with the screws and the lock washers you will need a set of similarly shaped 1mm shims to put underneath the strings! Otherwise you wind up breaking strings like billy-o!

http://www.whirligigworld.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl?m-1204686435/

Last edited by corsair on Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : deletion of link)
corsair

Number of posts : 6319
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by mike5150 Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:55 pm

I just cant believe the bad timing.........I've needed em for 10 yrs , and just decided to look for them and missed it by just over a month Evil or Very Mad thank you for your quick reply....and your welcome to the forum. sorry I didnt mention that I was new:) Not to push my luck, but if anyone hears of anyway to get some, I would be very grateful if you could pass along the info.........thanks, Mike

Last edited by mike5150 on Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added a line)
mike5150
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:34 pm

Hello again Mike, Smile

Just to let you know, we are a pretty sociable bunch here; (although some of us are are a bit on the nutty side, tee hee!
Laughing ). Sort of like a big 'Westone' family in a way! Very Happy

We all try to help each other out as much as we can and I'm certain that if anybody here has the spare parts that you are looking for, they will be in touch!
Wink

Pauline

Last edited by Pollyanna on Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typing error.)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:26 pm

Right-o, Mike I'll consider passing on to you the spare set of locknuts I bought before the Spares closed down, IF you post pix of your Westone and tell us your story...
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by mike5150 Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:40 pm

corsair wrote:Right-o, Mike I'll consider passing on to you the spare set of locknuts I bought before the Spares closed down, IF you post pix of your Westone and tell us your story...
hey that sounds like a deal.....It will take awhile, cuz I have to work some long , long hrs this wk. but by next wknd I think I can do that.....not much of a story, but I'll try to make it interesting:). thanks alot for your time guys and girls, it is much appreciated...........Mike
mike5150
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mike5150 Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:23 pm

I dont know what happened! I posted pics and stuff.........I saw them here. Now they're gone Crying or Very sad .......someone doesnt want me to have these parts I think tongue I guess Ill try again later........thanks agan ..........Mike
mike5150
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:31 pm

Laughing no, it's OK - don't panic; you've been moved over to the Member's Westones section!! Really, they aren't out to get ya... Very Happy
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:27 pm

Mike,

My utmost apologies mate, that was my doing I'm afraid!
Embarassed I thought that you would have seen that your posts had just been moved and not deleted. Embarassed
Next time that I do that, I'll leave a shadow of the moved posts in the original forums so that at least you will all know that they haven't disappeared in a puff of smoke!
scratch

In my defense though, I have to say that it does pay to check out all the threads in the forums!
Wink

Pauline
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down