The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spectrum ST Bass tone control wiring problem

4 posters

Go down

wiring - Spectrum ST Bass tone control wiring problem Empty Spectrum ST Bass tone control wiring problem

Post by Feral basshead Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:43 pm

Evening all,
Got a bit of a problem with my tone control.
There's a blue wire that is coming out from the middle (2nd) lug of the tone potentiometer and is no longer attached to anything.
Anybody know where/what this blue wire is meant to be attached to??
Please note I'm not the most technically minded person on the planet (as this message shows!) and probably won't know the correct names of the bits and bobs in the back of my bass.

Thanks for any help and advice you can provide

T
Feral basshead

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-10-09

Back to top Go down

wiring - Spectrum ST Bass tone control wiring problem Empty Spectrum ST bass tone control problem

Post by Catfish Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:56 pm

Hi Feral,

I opened up the back of my Spectrum and found a blue wire just like you described. The other end is attached to the pick up selector switch (it's the rectangular brown thing). The blue wire is soldered to the middle position of the outside edge of the selector switch on the long edge furthest from the other end of the blue wire.

I hope this helps you,

greetings, Catfish
Catfish
Catfish
Registered Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-12-06

Back to top Go down

wiring - Spectrum ST Bass tone control wiring problem Empty Re: Spectrum ST Bass tone control wiring problem

Post by Barry Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:51 am

Hi basshead and welcome.
You can also have a look on the Information Site.
You may find a schematic there that can be used or give you a hint of what to do.

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8697
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

wiring - Spectrum ST Bass tone control wiring problem Empty Re: Spectrum ST Bass tone control wiring problem

Post by badger Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:15 am

The wire can't go to the pickup selector switch - the ST doesn't have one, it's a single pickup bass. Looking at the back of the bass, the wire from the middle terminal on the tone pot should go to the left hand terminal on the volume pot.
badger
Registered Member

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Catfish Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:41 pm

Good point! I read as far as Spectrum and then opened mine up - it may have been more helpful to read it first - oh well, I hope the problem has been solved.
Catfish
Catfish
Registered Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down