The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Westone "Black Beauty" Replica

Go down

Westone "Black Beauty" Replica Empty Westone "Black Beauty" Replica

Post by Guest Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:23 pm

Good morning/afternoon/evening to you all! Westone "Black Beauty" Replica Icon_biggrin
The name's sean, from Ireland and I've recently purchesed a Westone replica...
It's a Gibson Les Paul Black Beauty replica.
Now I honestly know nearly nothing about guitars, I'm a drummer who picked up bass at the start of the year and just bought the guitar a while ago.
Now, I've only even more recently discovered that the guitar's a Westone! (I was curious about the logo and looked up guitar manufacturers starting with "W"on wikipedia)

So, I'm wondering now, how old is the guitar. I can't find a serial on it at all...
I'll post some pics soon, but 'till then has anyone got anyone ideas?

Thanks guys!

-Sean
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Westone "Black Beauty" Replica Empty Re: Westone "Black Beauty" Replica

Post by corsair Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:33 pm

G'day, Sean - what you probably have is a nineties Westone. These are not Matsumoku made, ie made in Japan but made in China, I believe as were all of the straight "big name" copies bearing the name Westone.
The Matsumoku Westones were original designs - have a browse through here - that many of us in here are actively seeking; there were some great guitars made in Japan in the eighties by Matsumoku - Aria Pro II, Vantage, Electra and Westone - and whilst the value of these is slowly escalating, the likes of Spectrums can still be bought for quite reasonable money and in good nick, will blow your socks off with the sound and build quality!
Yep, pix will help with any ID issues, thanks!!
corsair

Number of posts : 6319
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down