The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Famous Westone Players - Name and (no) shame them!

+35
Ro_S
Sollophonic
Westbone
xbarnesx
The Don
Meadows
storme37
Catalyst
jim
grogg
Sgt. Vimes
Barry
bowenjaybee
nasticanasta
silence86
Warrn
DuoFuzz
diddydave
Administrator
sdOK
bobroberts
catonine
Thunder Jet Boy
metabass
flynny
logicaljohn
hummel
Silverfox
Krysbass
DavidL
colt933
Sfalj
corsair
Old Gregg
39 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Pantera - Famous Westone Players - Name and (no) shame them! - Page 2 Empty Cliff Burton played a Westone???

Post by flynny Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:29 am

Hi again,
as i was researching Westones i fell upon a page claiming that Cliff Burton of Metallica played a Westone Bass.....

http://www.bgra.net/2004/review.php?id=1864&type=bass

Not sure how true that is but when i looked at a list of Cliffs instruments the westone wasn't in there, who knows eh?

flynny
Registered Member

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Back to top Go down

Pantera - Famous Westone Players - Name and (no) shame them! - Page 2 Empty Re: Famous Westone Players - Name and (no) shame them!

Post by Old Gregg Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:31 pm

flynny wrote:Hi again,
as i was researching Westones i fell upon a page claiming that Cliff Burton of Metallica played a Westone Bass.....

http://www.bgra.net/2004/review.php?id=1864&type=bass

Not sure how true that is but when i looked at a list of Cliffs instruments the westone wasn't in there, who knows eh?

I know that he played Aria basses (they came out of the same factory), but I'd never heard of him using Westones. Still, I'm no expert! Laughing
Old Gregg
Old Gregg

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2008-04-19

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/littlesiteofcalm

Back to top Go down

Pantera - Famous Westone Players - Name and (no) shame them! - Page 2 Empty Re: Famous Westone Players - Name and (no) shame them!

Post by logicaljohn Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:47 pm

I was pleased to see the guitarist in Misty's Big Adventure playing a Thunder 1 or 1a at a festival this summer !
logicaljohn
logicaljohn
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-06-30

http://www.myspace.com/cosmiclobster

Back to top Go down

Post by metabass Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:39 am

I recently read in Bass Guitar Magazine (UK issue, December 2008) that Adrian Lambert from Biomechanical (he also used to be in Dragonforce) started out with a Westone bass. He said in an interview "The first bass I owned was a white Westone 4-string. It was passive but had quite a punchy sound."
metabass
metabass
Registered Member

Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder Jet Boy Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:24 pm

Hey Old Gregg,
I have held and played a few notes on Stuart Morrow's Thunder Jet!!!!!
Met the whole band in the summer of 85 when NMA played in Inverness on their No Rest for the Wicked tour.
Spoke to Stuart for about an hour about the Bass and how he plays. He showed me how to play Notice Me and a bit of Vengence. Myself and some friends went along to the venue in the afternoon to see if we could see then and ended up being welcomed with open arms. Oh happy days.
I had a Thunder 1 before I was a NMA fan and still have the beast.
It brings back a few memories and at the time brought my Bass playing to a new level.
Went to Glasgow a couple of years ago to see them again and they are still a great band.
Thunder Jet Boy
Thunder Jet Boy
Registered Member

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Pantera - Famous Westone Players - Name and (no) shame them! - Page 2 Empty rusty knales

Post by catonine Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:49 am

ok.. there is this cat named scott mehrens who has played westones since 1984.. st. louis music used to give him promotional guitars every year he was on tour.. started as "razor" form gainesboro tennessee and then "cat o' nine" from fort walton beach florida.. and now is known as "rusty knales" from nashville tennessee.. country but still plays a westone or two on tours.. i know this cat cuz i am him.. lol.. unfortunatley they didnt give me westones every year.. i was out of tennessee and they gave me whatever they had in extra supply to the cookeville tennessee music store.. i have a list of guitars given to me by them if any one ever wants it.. i still have most.. except the 1986 aria pro II ZZ deluxe.. sold it.. damn it.. i did get two corts and an atares bitch and a few ibanezes (1981 iceman).. and series10 by bently (bitch) one year.. and an arbor bass (explorer).. jeez.. i love st louis music co.. they kept me going for years !!!
catonine
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-07-06

http://www.myspace.com/rustyknales

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:49 pm

All hail to Rusty! cheers (or can I call you Scott?)

Looks like we've got a real live celebrity in our midst!
⭐ Wink ⭐

Yes, what are you waiting for - get those photos put up Pronto and any promo stuff that you've got lurking about, we all want to see them!

Pauline
:flower: :queen:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:14 pm

I was watching a BTO concert tape the other night and i could swear Randy Bachman was using a Spectrum II!! it was probably a Jackson but it certainly made me sit up and take notice!!
corsair

Number of posts : 6321

Back to top Go down

Post by bobroberts Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:33 pm

i remember seeing bucks fizz on a tv show years ago (mid 80's?) 'using' a westone guitar and bass. i think they were thunder 1's, possibly 1a's, natural finish, anyway!

more recently, i saw totp2 with some 80's band (can't remember who), bass player had a westone...
bobroberts
bobroberts

Number of posts : 336
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by metabass Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:28 pm

Apparently, church burner and murderer Varg Vikernes used a Westone to record the early Burzum albums with.

"When I recorded all the Burzum albums I used an old (I think) Westone guitar that I bought cheap in 1987 from an acquaintance." Says one of the most notorious musicians ever.
metabass
metabass
Registered Member

Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by bobroberts Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:25 am

Might be worth a few quid, as long as he didn't use it to start the fire...!
bobroberts
bobroberts

Back to top Go down

Post by colt933 Fri May 01, 2009 11:23 am

Here's an interview with Trevor Rabin from 1987 where he specifically states that he uses his Westone guitars for recording.

He is referring to 1987's Big Generator album. He also states that he will begin working on his 4th solo album after the Big Generator tour is over. That album is 1989's Something To Hold On To and features Westone guitars on the recording.

colt933
colt933

Number of posts : 583

Back to top Go down

Pantera - Famous Westone Players - Name and (no) shame them! - Page 2 Empty Famous Westone players - name and (no) shame them!

Post by sticky Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:30 am

Hello everyone,

I don't know if anyone has spotted this one yet but i will add it anyway...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOLXDTmVe4w

it is 'the blues band' playing green stuff and the bassist is using a left handed thunder 1A.

enjoy!

Mark.

Last edited by sticky on Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Correction.)
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-07-11

http://uk.youtube.com/user/marksticky1

Back to top Go down

Post by sdOK Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:08 pm

logicaljohn wrote:Sorry about the cliquey in jokes there Embarassed

- uh...

I believe Mr Hanley (as he is now called) is quite popular at the school..

I would imagine many of the parents know his heritage, Hacienda DJ and author Dave Haslam is one of them.. It's the original School of Rock.

Steve played a free gig there the other week with his current band, featuring himself and Tom Hingley out of the Inspiral Carpets. Unfortunately I only heard about it afterwards, since our kids have all left.

A couple of them are at the nearby High School though , the headmaster of which is Gene Simmons out of Kiss. Paul Stanley is the chief dinner lady. Oops 'Lunchtime Supervisor'. And Jack Black is head of sports.

(Some of those comments are cliquey in jokes - others just plain made up.)

Mind you having said all that, I drove past Mr Hanley on the way to work this very morning and he is starting to resemble a Scooby Doo caretaker. Mark E Smith (the singer and driving force of The Fall) has turned into something like a hobbit permanently chewing a wasp , this happened some years back though...

tongue

Wierd. I played bass and guitar in the fall for a few years. 2001-2006 ish. Just a pity I never used my Westone prestige on any Fall stuff. I only got into it towards the end of my tenure really. Now I am obsessed with it and it is pretty much the only guitar I play. I played a friends USA Tele at a few recent rehearsals and while it was nice I just never got that WOO! feeling I do on my westone.

But I am looking at ebay almost daily right now as I want some more Westone's. If I ever get another push at success I will most probably be playing all Westones. Not for any great reason beyond the fact they look and feel great. Oh and they go for cheap. Trying to get my brother to buy a thunder bass too Smile

Here is a vid of me playing my prestige live with my band. -

Vid
sdOK
Registered Member

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Administrator Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:25 pm

Cool tune!

Where can I buy some stuff? Pantera - Famous Westone Players - Name and (no) shame them! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Administrator

Number of posts : 142

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:05 pm

Yep- good tune!!
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by sdOK Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:36 am

Admin wrote:Cool tune!

Where can I buy some stuff? Pantera - Famous Westone Players - Name and (no) shame them! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Am working on that Razz

Thanks tho.
sdOK
Registered Member

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by diddydave Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:12 pm

Could this be a Thunder played by the Cardiacs front man?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PecNqHNd-WU&feature=related
diddydave
diddydave
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by DuoFuzz Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:27 pm

Yep, I think your right. The video quality quality is poor but it looks like a Thunder I or I-A to me, with the body painted black and green?

Looks like the singer is a bit of a Westone nut, check out this other vid of them HERE. Is he playing a Spectrum?!?

By the way, the other guitarist seems to be rocking out on a modded Shergold Masquerader.

DAN.
DuoFuzz
DuoFuzz

Number of posts : 640
Registration date : 2009-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrn Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:13 pm

If I could actually see anything in that mess of a light show I'd give my thoughts on the instruments. They look vaguely like Westones, but the terrible lighting makes it hard to say.
Warrn
Warrn

Number of posts : 1133
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by silence86 Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:27 am

link:i just read in this thread in another forum that flea played a pantera in new orleans in 86/87...does anybody know anything about that?
silence86
silence86

Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-11-13

http://first-daze.de

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Gregg Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:15 pm

Thunder Jet Boy wrote:Hey Old Gregg,
I have held and played a few notes on Stuart Morrow's Thunder Jet!!!!!
Met the whole band in the summer of 85 when NMA played in Inverness on their No Rest for the Wicked tour.
Spoke to Stuart for about an hour about the Bass and how he plays. He showed me how to play Notice Me and a bit of Vengence. Myself and some friends went along to the venue in the afternoon to see if we could see then and ended up being welcomed with open arms. Oh happy days.
I had a Thunder 1 before I was a NMA fan and still have the beast.
It brings back a few memories and at the time brought my Bass playing to a new level.
Went to Glasgow a couple of years ago to see them again and they are still a great band.

As it's almost the anniversary of this post Pantera - Famous Westone Players - Name and (no) shame them! - Page 2 Icon_lol , I thought that it would be rather jolly to show up here (like a drunken uncle at kids birthday party Pantera - Famous Westone Players - Name and (no) shame them! - Page 2 Suspect ) and respond with a, "I hate you, I hate you" rant! Really, how could you have been lucky enough to fondle the bass of Mr. Morrow!? I'm sooooo jealous Pantera - Famous Westone Players - Name and (no) shame them! - Page 2 Icon_tongue !

Funny that you should mention that he showed you how to play "Notice Me", because that bassline was a total and utter enigma to all of the bassists that I knew in 1984 - nobody had a clue how he could play all those notes so quickly and so cleanly. The reason for that is that all of the bass players that I knew in 1984 where all beginners (I hadn't even tried to play bass myself then) and were mostly trying to bang out this riff by sliding up and down the same string Pantera - Famous Westone Players - Name and (no) shame them! - Page 2 Icon_neutral !!! When I finally saw the band live for the first time (with Moose Harris on bass), I discovered that the bass line bounced between the D and the A string, using the open D string as the pivot point!!! As soon as I got home and tried it for myself (on my Thunder 1A Pantera - Famous Westone Players - Name and (no) shame them! - Page 2 Icon_wink ), I discovered that I too could be a bass God!

Happy memories indeed!
Old Gregg
Old Gregg

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Gregg Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:28 pm

sdOK wrote:

Wierd. I played bass and guitar in the fall for a few years. 2001-2006 ish. Just a pity I never used my Westone prestige on any Fall stuff. I only got into it towards the end of my tenure really. Now I am obsessed with it and it is pretty much the only guitar I play. I played a friends USA Tele at a few recent rehearsals and while it was nice I just never got that WOO! feeling I do on my westone.

But I am looking at ebay almost daily right now as I want some more Westone's. If I ever get another push at success I will most probably be playing all Westones. Not for any great reason beyond the fact they look and feel great. Oh and they go for cheap. Trying to get my brother to buy a thunder bass too Smile

Here is a vid of me playing my prestige live with my band. -

Vid

Pantera - Famous Westone Players - Name and (no) shame them! - Page 2 Icon_scratch OK, I'm confused (not exactly a big rift in the status quo, there Pantera - Famous Westone Players - Name and (no) shame them! - Page 2 Icon_geek )!

When you say that you, "played guitar in the fall", are you saying that you actually played guitar in the UK band, "The Fall", or are you merely an American who wishes to communicate to us that he strummed his axe between the seasons of Summer and Winter Pantera - Famous Westone Players - Name and (no) shame them! - Page 2 Icon_razz ?

Either way, I watched your You Tube clip and (assuming that you're the guy playing the Westone Prestige guitar) I really think that you're the best thing about your band and that you (all) have a very gritty and refreshingly 'honest' sound to your music. All power to your collective elbows - I hope that you do great things Pantera - Famous Westone Players - Name and (no) shame them! - Page 2 Icon_rr !
Old Gregg
Old Gregg

Back to top Go down

Post by Administrator Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:38 pm

Here Here! I'm looking forward to getting my hands on some of their tunes soon!

oh - and he was in "The Fall" Which also makes him coooooooool Pantera - Famous Westone Players - Name and (no) shame them! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Gregg Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:49 pm

Admin wrote:Here Here! I'm looking forward to getting my hands on some of their tunes soon!

oh - and he was in "The Fall" Which also makes him coooooooool Pantera - Famous Westone Players - Name and (no) shame them! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Well, that's how it read to me too, but he just looks too damn young Pantera - Famous Westone Players - Name and (no) shame them! - Page 2 Icon_mad ( Pantera - Famous Westone Players - Name and (no) shame them! - Page 2 Icon_lol ) in his video for that to be true (the rest of The Fall must be in their late '40s by now Pantera - Famous Westone Players - Name and (no) shame them! - Page 2 Icon_wink ). Not masking my jealousy very well, am I Pantera - Famous Westone Players - Name and (no) shame them! - Page 2 Icon_neutral ?

Anyway Admin, is that PJ Harvey in your 'ave-a-tart, or have you recently had "The Op" Pantera - Famous Westone Players - Name and (no) shame them! - Page 2 Icon_razz ?
Old Gregg
Old Gregg

Back to top Go down

Post by Administrator Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:43 pm

Yes, that is PJ Harvey - photo taken by me in Brighton earlier this year - bit of a second career for me (photography - not stalking PJ Harvey...)
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Pantera - Famous Westone Players - Name and (no) shame them! - Page 2 Empty Trevor Rabin Signature Series

Post by nasticanasta Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:05 am

I owned a Pantera..I had a black Pantera x-275 that i gutted instantly in favour of full EMG's : 85/SA/SA, then I took out the worst gawd awful tremolo in the world.. that Bendmaster Deluxe... I had a local Luther put in a Floyd Rose, which meant he had to route out the neck pocket to get the neck a little closer to the bridge and everything was great!! But I was lucky enough to stumble across a Trevor Rabin Signature Series III.....which wasn't the neck thru but has a very nice Floyd type tremolo called a TRS-1 ( I saw this very same tremolo on another non- pantera or TRS Westone model in a Music-go-round the other day), of which I again gutted in favor for EMG's : 85/SA/SA.. super fast neck... tremolo kicks ass great guitar... from what I've read Westone only made so many of these.. I heard 300-350... I search everywhere for another every week..that's no lie!! This red TRS is a real find.. its such a fast neck.. it really kicks ass! Both are set up with the EMG's 85/SA/SA 's.
Pantera - Famous Westone Players - Name and (no) shame them! - Page 2 17563_1318173476755_1303300382_30922422_3387911_nPantera - Famous Westone Players - Name and (no) shame them! - Page 2 17563_1318173556757_1303300382_30922424_3460338_n
nasticanasta
nasticanasta

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by bowenjaybee Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:10 pm

3 of my favourite bands from the late 80's early 90's UK Indie scene used Thunder basses

The Pale Saints Singer/Bass player Ian Masters used a Thunder 1 Bass covered in stickers on this 1991 video. a great band!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLy2q3vfPwg

and...

Senseless Things Bassist Morgan Nicholls Used what looks Like a Thunder 2 bass in this video from 1990, This guy was a real influence on my Bass playing, he went on to become a session player for Muse, Gorillaz, The Streets and recently Lily Allen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-jHi-ABpXE

And finally...

The bass player from The Wedding Present played a Light Oak Thunder 1 A bass on the bands early work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWPk7OOcHLQ
bowenjaybee

Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2010-02-22

Back to top Go down

Pantera - Famous Westone Players - Name and (no) shame them! - Page 2 Empty who'd a thunk it?

Post by bobroberts Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:56 am

Reading this weeks Radio Times, spotted an article of former Home Secretary, Alan Johnson. Not only was he in a band back in the day, but there's an up to date pic of him sat on his stairs playing a rather nice black Westone Prestige (150?).
Hell yeah!
bobroberts
bobroberts

Back to top Go down

Post by colt933 Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:52 pm

Here's a good one:

Union tour - X390CB
colt933
colt933

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:45 am

colt933 wrote:Here's a good one:
Union tour - X390CB
That Trevor feller just might end up having career as a guitar player. clown

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8689
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nasticanasta Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:36 am

What about Leslie West? He played a Pantera in the 80's. I saw West, Bruce & Lang back in the day and he was an instant favourite....I still have my ticket stub from seeing Mountain awsome show and the very next night I saw King Crimson....what was the price back then for a killer concert that you will never see the likes of again....$6.50!!!!
nasticanasta
nasticanasta

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by colt933 Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:03 pm

Barry wrote:
colt933 wrote:Here's a good one:
Union tour - X390CB
That Trevor feller just might end up having career as a guitar player. clown

Turns out he became a classical composer when he grew up.
colt933
colt933

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:57 pm

nasticanasta wrote:...what was the price back then for a killer concert that you will never see the likes of again....$6.50!!!!
That hurts! No

Barry
Barry

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:03 am

Ooooh.... I caught a documentary on metal last night and Venom came on at one point and the guitarist was all over a Dimension IV.... I saw the logo and everything!! Cool!!

Doco was called Metal Evolution....
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt. Vimes Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:36 pm

just stumbled upon this... check the bass player.....stuart morrow, the band is crusty clog-wearing, mosh-pitting scruffbags New Model Army, 80's northern english band, still listen to a lot of their songs.

to see them on the fabled Top Of The Pops is something I thought I'd never see....
https://youtu.be/dbv_ant8H8w
Sgt. Vimes
Sgt. Vimes
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 3322
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by grogg Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:09 pm

I enjoyed that, almost a 2 piece band (guitar was irrelevant).
grogg
grogg
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 1094
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by jim Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:18 pm

nasticanasta wrote:What about Leslie West? He played a Pantera in the 80's. I saw West, Bruce & Lang back in the day and he was an instant favourite....I still have my ticket stub from seeing Mountain awsome show and the very next night I saw King Crimson....what was the price back then for a killer concert that you will never see the likes of again....$6.50!!!!
Went to a concert of Larry Carlton last week they charged €25 and turned out it was the second time he played with this group. Instead of 'touring' nowadays they seek out people in 'the neighbourhood' that qualify by arranging things through internet. Turns out the bassplayer knows the 'score' but is the wrong pick. Overall the balance wasn't there and it really did hurt! Don't get me wrong I still fancy Larry and his marvelous Teaburst 335 and It can't be helped the keyboard player was too shy to be heard but the pretty good functional drummer would have been thrown out of the mix. Talking about volume and people that attend concerts. And the 1% poche that can afford it. Things change. I downloaded a lot of beer afterwards listening to Steely Dan.
jim
jim

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2008-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Catalyst Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:30 pm

I know John Taylor has links to Aria (SB700/1000) but that looks like a Quantum he is playing here....TOTP - Rio
Sounds great whatever it is anyhoo....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kclNZBOpQWI
Catalyst
Catalyst
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2013-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by storme37 Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:43 am

spandau ballet used a rainbow 1 and i know alternative tv and sol invictus sill use westone

Last edited by storme37 on Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
storme37
storme37
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2014-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt. Vimes Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:00 pm

Taylor is a great bass man,  had some real funky lines
Sgt. Vimes
Sgt. Vimes
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Meadows Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:08 am

Met this young lady yesterday at a festival and it was a complete pleasure to see she was using a Thunder one. Her name is Georgia, she is one half of the "Nova Twins", based in Lewisham London playing original Urban DIY Bass heavy Punk grooves.

Here are some images of the Thunder complete with serial number which she loves but confesses is very heavy. The grain on this one was spectacular close up, all original which her father acquired for her a couple of years ago.

As Georgia may be joining the forum very shortly and is only 18 years old, any comments should be tempered accordingly "Gentle Men"

https://s1016.photobucket.com/user/Meadows61/library/Nova?sort=2&page=1

Here is a link to their site...

http://www.novatwins.com/#

Well worth checking out Cool
Meadows
Meadows
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2013-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt. Vimes Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:16 am

Nice bass! 

I was watching mtv something yesterday and "Hit The North"  by The Fall came on, I'm sure everyone knows it? 
Guitarist is playing a T1a in the video,  nice (nasty)  punk paint job on it too. 
https://youtu.be/QzivmOQWkVQ
Sgt. Vimes
Sgt. Vimes
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by The Don Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:57 am

Sgt. Vimes wrote:Nice bass! 

I was watching mtv something yesterday and "Hit The North"  by The Fall came on, I'm sure everyone knows it? 
Guitarist is playing a T1a in the video,  nice (nasty)  punk paint job on it too. 
https://youtu.be/QzivmOQWkVQ

I can't help but notice that "The North" those Mancs are referring to would be considered the South West by some of us Razz
The Don
The Don

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2013-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt. Vimes Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:15 am

Very Happy
Sgt. Vimes
Sgt. Vimes
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by xbarnesx Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:53 am

was watching 'music for misfits' a bbc4 indie documentary and during the 'twee' section they showed Talulah Gosh (I'd never heard of them either), the young lady on guitar was playing a nice red Rainbow as this later clip shows
xbarnesx

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2010-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt. Vimes Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:06 pm

I saw that but it flashed by so quick I couldn't confirm it was what I  thought it was! 

Also on that program I think it was Half Man Half Biscuit singer was playing a Westbury standard,  first I've ever seen on tv!
Sgt. Vimes
Sgt. Vimes
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:16 pm

xbarnesx wrote:...the young lady on guitar was playing a nice red Rainbow as this later clip shows
Nice Rainbow.
But the gal looked more like she was "Choppin' Brocolii". clown

Barry
Barry

Back to top Go down

Post by Westbone Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:40 pm

Barry wrote:
xbarnesx wrote:...the young lady on guitar was playing a nice red Rainbow as this later clip shows
Nice Rainbow.
But the gal looked more like she was "Choppin' Brocolii". clown
lol!

Nice Rainbow II '82
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 5917
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://www.chruler.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by xbarnesx Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:14 am

Sgt. Vimes wrote:I saw that but it flashed by so quick I couldn't confirm it was what I  thought it was! 

Also on that program I think it was Half Man Half Biscuit singer was playing a Westbury standard,  first I've ever seen on tv!

it wasn't on for long, so I did a quick youtube search and that video has about the best views of the rainbow

I saw the westbury too

wish I'd known then what I know now eh!
xbarnesx

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2010-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sollophonic Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:09 pm

Westones were a staple of many Indie bands of the early 1980s

Bogshed used both a Thunder Jet Bass and a Thunder 1A

Keith from the Wedding Present used a Thunder bass.

Don't get me started on all the world music bands at that time, who touted Westones, Westburys, Arias and other Matsumoku etc.

Check out old vids on YouTube;- Thomas Mapfumo, Bhundus and more.
Sollophonic
Sollophonic

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2010-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next