The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

complete Locking nut needed for Westone Spectrum LX

5 posters

Go down

westone - complete Locking nut needed for Westone Spectrum LX Empty complete Locking nut needed for Westone Spectrum LX

Post by TFi2397856 Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:22 pm

I am missing this item on my Westone that looks like this;

https://i.servimg.com/u/f29/20/17/72/09/win_2012.jpg
TFi2397856
TFi2397856
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2020-03-02

Back to top Go down

westone - complete Locking nut needed for Westone Spectrum LX Empty Re: complete Locking nut needed for Westone Spectrum LX

Post by corsair Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:29 pm

Finding an OEM stringlock could be difficult but they are out there and in fact a lad in here is making some...
In the meantime, Kahler make a behind the nut stringlock..
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

westone - complete Locking nut needed for Westone Spectrum LX Empty Re: complete Locking nut needed for Westone Spectrum LX

Post by TFi2397856 Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:51 pm

The guitar tuning is fairly stable with just the nut and no locking nut but if one shows up I will jump on it as well as a tremolo cover and a strat type bridge tremolo.
TFi2397856
TFi2397856
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by TFi2397856 Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:47 pm

I found you can use a standard Nut lock but float it on the strings like a Guitar NutBuster without mini-tuners. Works perfect. Required no mounting. 

But still looking to restore the guitar to original. If you got the original piece give a holler. Top dollar will be paid.
TFi2397856
TFi2397856
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by knicelyr Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:54 am

TFi2397856,

I have a string lock in anodized black aluminum and anodized aluminum.

I made several when I had to make a couple for my Dynastys.

They work well but are not original parts.
knicelyr
knicelyr

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2019-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by knicelyr Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:17 am

Tfi,
Check out page 3 and 4 of this thread.

http://westone.forumotion.com/t6664p150-another-dynasty-project

It would be one of the black ones or an anodized aluminum, for a bright aluminum one I would have to do another casting.
knicelyr
knicelyr

Back to top Go down

Post by DerekWildstar Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:44 pm

Not to hijack this thread, but the original locking nut on my Spectrum wore out (the screw stripped on the bottom E-A saddle). I have a Kahler nut, but the way it sits makes it a pain to adjust the middle two strings. Does anyone know if a Floyd R2 nut would work? Or should I just stick with the Kahler and get by?
DerekWildstar
DerekWildstar
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2014-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:39 pm

If you still have the old one, it is fixable - several in have have done it including me....
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by DerekWildstar Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:57 pm

corsair wrote:If you still have the old one, it is fixable - several in have have done it including me....

I do still have the old one in my guitar case.
DerekWildstar
DerekWildstar
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by ExFender Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:48 pm

I'm in the process of helicoiling the base on the E/A position. I'll try to remember to set up the camera.
ExFender
ExFender
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2019-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by DerekWildstar Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:19 pm

ExFender wrote:I'm in the process of helicoiling the base on the E/A position.  I'll try to remember to set up the camera.

Thanks in advance!!
DerekWildstar
DerekWildstar
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by knicelyr Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:24 am

DerekWildstar wrote:Not to hijack this thread, but the original locking nut on my Spectrum wore out (the screw stripped on the bottom E-A saddle). I have a Kahler nut, but the way it sits makes it a pain to adjust the middle two strings. Does anyone know if a Floyd R2 nut would work? Or should I just stick with the Kahler and get by?

DerekWildstar,
I have one of the ones I made using Corsairs resin locking nut.  I would be happy to send you one.
knicelyr
knicelyr

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down