New guy with question on Bendmaster Deluxe collar and knobs

Go down

New guy with question on Bendmaster Deluxe collar and knobs Empty New guy with question on Bendmaster Deluxe collar and knobs

Post by Gloveberg on Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:26 pm

Hello everyone!!  I recently picked up an '87 XA1330 in White Burgundy Burst.  I don't have any pictures yet because it's apart for cleaning and polishing but I promise I'll post when it's ready  Very Happy

Question #1:

I've read through the "Fix-me" for replacement the missing collar on the trem but i'm confused.  On the web page for the fix it shows using a die to cut 9mm threads on a stock FR collar and then screwing that into the sustain block.  Well the Bendmaster Deluxe I have doesn't have a sustain block that extends that far so there's nothing to actually screw into.

New guy with question on Bendmaster Deluxe collar and knobs NhsJRVT

New guy with question on Bendmaster Deluxe collar and knobs ZoqvTFS

Could I just cut threads onto the blank lower part of the FR collar and use a nut from the bottom to hold it?

Question #2:

The rollers that the strings go over on the Bendmaster Deluxe trem should be free right?  I have the trem off and will try to free them as I clean it up.

Question #3:

For whatever reason someone at some point put Strat knobs on it (blasphemy I know).  I'm not sure what knobs came originally on the guitar and if those aren't still available then what would be a close resemblance now?

Thanks in advance!!

Jimmy
Gloveberg
Gloveberg
Registered Member

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2019-11-22

Back to top Go down

New guy with question on Bendmaster Deluxe collar and knobs Empty Re: New guy with question on Bendmaster Deluxe collar and knobs

Post by Westbone on Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:55 pm

Use these they're the same as the original gear.

They come in chrome.
Trem collar

The 'rollers' in the bridge are fixed.

Someone is making replica knobs on the forum somewhere.
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 5584
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://www.chruler.com/

Back to top Go down

New guy with question on Bendmaster Deluxe collar and knobs Empty Re: New guy with question on Bendmaster Deluxe collar and knobs

Post by Gloveberg on Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:07 pm

Westbone wrote:Use these they're the same as the original gear.

They come in chrome.
Trem collar

Thanks so much, the collar I had ordered was the one on the "Fix-me" page.
Gloveberg
Gloveberg
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Westbone on Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:54 pm

Gloveberg wrote:
Westbone wrote:Use these they're the same as the original gear.

They come in chrome.
Trem collar

Thanks so much, the collar I had ordered was the one on the "Fix-me" page.
The one on the fix me page is for a Bendmaster and Bendmaster FT trem not the Bendmaster Deluxe.

Should work. No need to cut a thread.

Just not the correct one for your Bendmaster Deluxe trem.

Clearly states that on the fix me page. Even has photos... Cool
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 5584
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://www.chruler.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gloveberg on Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:51 pm

Westbone wrote:The one on the fix me page is for a Bendmaster and Bendmaster FT trem not the Bendmaster Deluxe.

Should work. No need to cut a thread.

Just not the correct one for your Bendmaster Deluxe trem.

Clearly states that on the fix me page. Even has photos... Cool

I will accept my ridicule and floggings now for missing that  Crying or Very sad
Gloveberg
Gloveberg
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair on Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:18 pm

The ridicule has only just started, pal..... :-)

Yeah... those rollers bugged the crap out of me and I set to a few years back and made one with rotating rollers by driling an ever so slightly bigger hole through the roller - which is hardened, by the way; ask me how I know!! - so that it could actually roll around the split pin. Really, for the amount of movement the string has across the roller, hardly worth perservering with. Which is a long winded way of saying that no; they don't move.

Knicelyr in here is in the process of casting all manner of goodies from aluminium; Bendmaster Deluxe and FT stringlock bases.... and Switchmaster knobs, which as you've no doubt realised by now, were peculiar to Westone and are, of course, no longer available; PM him - he's a good egg!

Because even the Australians need heroes"
corsair
corsair
Administrator

Number of posts : 6059
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum