Screw size for '84 Spectrum LX Backplate

Go down

Screw size for '84 Spectrum LX Backplate Empty Screw size for '84 Spectrum LX Backplate

Post by 84spectrum on Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:54 am

Many years ago I inexplicably removed the backplate from my Spectrum LX and have since lost it and the screws. I have a replacement plate but no screws. I hesitate to try generic screws like you find on Amazon because I don't want to damage the holes with the wrong size or thread. Does anyone have the dimensions of the screws? Thank you.
84spectrum
84spectrum

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2019-09-01

Back to top Go down

Screw size for '84 Spectrum LX Backplate Empty Re: Screw size for '84 Spectrum LX Backplate

Post by corsair on Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:29 am

Take one of the pickup ring screws out and see if that fits?? Or one of the pickup selector cover screws....

Because even the Australians need heroes"
corsair
corsair
Administrator

Number of posts : 6050
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Screw size for '84 Spectrum LX Backplate Empty Re: Screw size for '84 Spectrum LX Backplate

Post by 84spectrum on Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:22 pm

Thanks! Looks like the pu ring is .5 inches and the selector cover is 3/8 inches. The .5 incher seems to be right. Any advice on a compatible backplate? The holes in the generic Fender replacement I bought don't not quite line up.
84spectrum
84spectrum

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2019-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair on Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:20 am

Somewhere in here is a drawing with dimensions of a Spectrum backplate; make your own! 

http://www.westoneguitars.net/fixme/restorations-modifications/spectrum-tremolo-spring-cover-dimensions/

You can buy the plastic from Stewmac, or your local plastic supplier!, or use a DVD box as a donor...

Because even the Australians need heroes"
corsair
corsair
Administrator

Number of posts : 6050
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum