The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Screw size for '84 Spectrum LX Backplate

2 posters

Go down

Screw size for '84 Spectrum LX Backplate Empty Screw size for '84 Spectrum LX Backplate

Post by 84spectrum Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:54 am

Many years ago I inexplicably removed the backplate from my Spectrum LX and have since lost it and the screws. I have a replacement plate but no screws. I hesitate to try generic screws like you find on Amazon because I don't want to damage the holes with the wrong size or thread. Does anyone have the dimensions of the screws? Thank you.
84spectrum
84spectrum

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2019-09-01

Back to top Go down

Screw size for '84 Spectrum LX Backplate Empty Re: Screw size for '84 Spectrum LX Backplate

Post by corsair Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:29 am

Take one of the pickup ring screws out and see if that fits?? Or one of the pickup selector cover screws....
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Screw size for '84 Spectrum LX Backplate Empty Re: Screw size for '84 Spectrum LX Backplate

Post by 84spectrum Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:22 pm

Thanks! Looks like the pu ring is .5 inches and the selector cover is 3/8 inches. The .5 incher seems to be right. Any advice on a compatible backplate? The holes in the generic Fender replacement I bought don't not quite line up.
84spectrum
84spectrum

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2019-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:20 am

Somewhere in here is a drawing with dimensions of a Spectrum backplate; make your own! 

http://www.westoneguitars.net/fixme/restorations-modifications/spectrum-tremolo-spring-cover-dimensions/

You can buy the plastic from Stewmac, or your local plastic supplier!, or use a DVD box as a donor...
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down