The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wanted: String Lock Assembly suitable for a Spectrum LX

2 posters

Go down

string - Wanted: String Lock Assembly suitable for a Spectrum LX Empty Wanted: String Lock Assembly suitable for a Spectrum LX

Post by RevDoc Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:41 pm

I've just acquired my first Westone, a 1985 Spectrum LX (5010045).
It's in very good condition with all original parts except the previous owner removed the string lock and replaced it with
a metal bar. I can't imagine how he kept it tuned after that, but I need to replace it with one that'll fit this model.
Any recommendations would be appreciated.
RevDoc
RevDoc
Registered Member

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2019-06-10

Back to top Go down

string - Wanted: String Lock Assembly suitable for a Spectrum LX Empty Re: Wanted: String Lock Assembly suitable for a Spectrum LX

Post by corsair Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:43 am

Oh, dear. The dreaded missing Bendmaster FT stringlock conundrum... This Bendmaster stuff was peculiar to Westone - no other manufacturer used it, not even within the Matsumoku group, so finding really odd bits like this can be something of a lottery!!
eBay, Craigslist, Reverb etc. and user groups on the net would be your best bet: I don't have a spare one; maybe one of the other lads does and is willing to part with it; for your sake I certainly hope so!! Be aware that the FT stringlock sits very high in comparison to most other string locks...
Good luck with the hunt, mate!
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

string - Wanted: String Lock Assembly suitable for a Spectrum LX Empty Bendmaster lottery

Post by RevDoc Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:17 am

Thanks Corsair, I'll just hope to be lucky. This site and forum have already been a great help.
It struck me as a bit odd considering the screw hole arrangement and having to position around
the truss rod end.I've not seen one quite like it. I've been scouring the web for relevant parts since I
first decided on a Westone project as it appears I'll be needing
to replace some saddles as well as three of them were replaced with some hacksawed Fender-ish looking ones.

I never really wanted a red guitar, I'd planned to refinish it with some custom paint.... but the color is really growing on me.
I'd post a photo of it right now if the forum would allow it. But I am new here, so you'll have to wait.

update:

Last edited by RevDoc on Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : everything's better with pictures)
RevDoc
RevDoc
Registered Member

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2019-06-10

Back to top Go down

string - Wanted: String Lock Assembly suitable for a Spectrum LX Empty Re: Wanted: String Lock Assembly suitable for a Spectrum LX

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down